1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Canadian mosque loses charity status for promoting ‘hate and intolerance’

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Scheme, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Scheme

Scheme Black Belt

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373959/ottawa-mosque-charity-hate-intolerance/

I think it's time we start broadcasting what is being said in these mosques. If there is nothing wrong with what they are saying and it really is just peaceful practice of religion, then there shouldn't be any issues, right?

2. Happy Man

Happy Man Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Canada did something right. Mark it down.

Edit: and pancakes. They did something right with pancakes

MPD-Psycho, Grunk, BjPenn2017 and 9 others like this.
  3. BudKing8806

BudKing8806 Brown Belt

Hey, I dislike a muslim just as much as anyone, but I would have an issue with pastors having to submit scripts of their sermons for review. So I am not sure where I stand on this.

4. Bald1

Bald1 War Room Can

I love how Bilal Philips is a "Canadian preacher". Yes, he's spreading the word on how awesome hockey is, the benefits of equality and how Crown Royal should be enjoyed responsibly. Wonder if he puts his Canadian identity before his Muslim one? Even when reporting on a problematic person they refuse to label him according to why he's a problem. Pathetic.

5. Hognoxious

Hognoxious But you can call me Johnny Mac

This is shocking that they would be promoting hate. Islam is a religion of peace.

6. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Good. Most Canadians of all races don't particularly want mosques here anyways.

7. SRN

SRN SOCRATEEEES

I know this mosque, I used to go weekly to that part of town and I know what kind of people goes there. Let me tell you... I'm not at all surprised by this! I'm glad the government was paying attention and an action was made but I don't think it's enough.

edit: Oh and this place is a fucking eye sore too. Ugliest shit I've ever seen.

8. Trotsky

Trotsky Yellow Card Yellow Card

In "these mosques"?

You mean the ones being stripped of tax exempt status?

How do you feel about everyone being forced to disclose all their sexual partners? Or having to disclose how many and what firearms they have and where they keep them? As long as they have nothing to hide, there shouldn't be an issues, right?

salamander likes this.
  9. Ripskater

Ripskater Johnny Mac's friend Banned

Leftists love Islam. So it was probably the first 2 on this list that got them in trouble. That's my guess. Cause everyone knows that Islam promotes violence against unbelievers.

MPD-Psycho, ElKarlo, Zer and 4 others like this.
  10. Scrody

Scrody Gold Belt Platinum Member

I'm baffled by this response lol

11. Trotsky

He doesn't see the harm in invading privacy in the exercise of a constitutional right because, "hey, if you have nothing to hide, why not?"

I was pointing out that he would likely feel very different about the issue if it was a constitutional right he cared about (guns). Admittedly, the analogy to sexual partner probably fell on sexually bereft ears (his, not yours).

12. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

{<huh}

What would the relevance be to tell the government about your sex life? Fine if you want to do that, but I don't see how that's akin to disclosing terrorist propaganda.

13. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room Double Yellow Card

Like if you ain't breaking the law then no reason to object to all your shit getting searched?

Are people free to attend and report back to us good folks?

salamander, Crazy Diamond and Trotsky like this.
  14. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Don't worry. That's just Trots trying to spin and deflect anything that doesn't fit his worldview. He does that in every thread that isn't a trump/Republican bashing one or he just avoids all together

15. Trotsky

The inner goings on of a church or mosque are not, in the vast majority of instances, terrorist propaganda. If the policy were "terrorist-propagating mosques should be expected to allow examination of their services," the problem would have solved itself. The proposition, instead, is that all mosques open their doors to surveillance.

Sex and religion are both deeply personal and, as such, are protected against government intrusion. People can't be compelled to open up that part of their lives to public scrutiny just because someone like Scheme is stupid and scared.

Whereas you literally never even try make any points or represent any opinions, deciding instead to like moronic posts and run away from confrontation because you cannot protect yourself.

EDIT: And what the hell am I deflecting? This mosque apparently was running afoul of its charter and was disciplined accordingly. I haven't challenged that at all. What I did do is point out how hopelessly short-sighted you reactionary idiots are that you degrade all privacy interests and constitutional rights at the first convenience.

I'm deeply apologetic that you can't understand a pretty direct and obvious analogy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Crazy Diamond likes this.
  16. Trotsky

I feel like you're the right guy to understand the firearm surveillance analogy.

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  17. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room Double Yellow Card

Could be. What was it again?

salamander likes this.
  18. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

I'm happy that for the first time, you've accepted the concept of government intrusion. This isn't the same as disclosing anything personal about individuals, it's public sermons for an organization that is seeking charity status for tax exemption. Why would that have to be secret?

Rygu, Ayin and ElKarlo like this.
  19. Scrody

Scrody Gold Belt Platinum Member

Canada doesn't have a second amendment doe
    <TheDonald>

salamander likes this.
  20. Bald1

Bald1 War Room Can

And @Trotsky

If the mosque is public, should there be an expectation of privacy? I don't think a publicly subsidized org is comparable to item ownership or private *anything.