Law Canadian Man Jailed After 'Misgendering' His Daughter

The right now looks to china for social guidance huh? State enacted murder and dissapearing and or imprisonment of citizens sounds good to you does it?

Right wing facism awakens. Dont fight stupid ideas and policies with even more stupid ones man.

Considering the social totalitarian of the left and the dismantling of fundamental biological realities while we break over backwards trying to placate the loud minority...China is starting to look much more attractive to your shit "woke" society you've drummed up.

This is what they want the US to turn into. Its all about authoritarianism and taking your rights away. Same people pushing this are pushing draconian Covid restrictions too. All of this crazy shit is meant to fundamentally change and collapse Western society.

The courts have a responsibility to protect the child, and protecting the child's anonymity from further societal persecution is what's at stake. The courts aren't engaging into conspiratorial activity willed by a liberal agenda.
The father does feel like he's losing control, I agree with you there, but how much control does he legally have, and how much should he have? The mother is just as able to make decisions over matters pertaining to the child's health. There is a disagreement with the father so the courts will look at the medical assessment and proposed treatment, as well as take consideration of the child's desire on how to proceed. Why should the father get agency over the mother and child's decision? Because you disagree with the medical assessment? That's not a good enough reason.

For the father to then take to public platforms and violate his own child's privacy like that, and violating court orders by doing so, he deservingly needs to be reprimanded. I'm sure he went against his own lawyer's recommendations, and it's his fault for doing so.

Breitbart lied to its readers (unsurprisingly) about why the father was arrested. It did not inject any context into the matter. It was written to purposely dupe its readers into an emotional frenzy. It's clickbait.
If the courts were interested in protecting the child, then they'd arrest the mother for pumping her 14 year old daughter with male hormones. The father has every right to speak out about how the courts and the mother are abusing his child.

If they don’t need the parents consent to begin this procedure then the kid no longer requires parents and the dad should be able to walk away free of any legal/monetary obligations.
I’m saying that not to encourage dead beat dads but as an argument that the government is essentially assuming guardianship of the child by removing the need for parental consent.

Considering the social totalitarian of the left and the dismantling of fundamental biological realities while we break over backwards trying to placate the loud minority...China is starting to look much more attractive to your shit "woke" society you've drummed up.

Its not my shit woke society bud. Have you read my posts on this? But if you want to go full commie you should leave the country. You should be very afraid of the lurking authoritarianism in your heart and mind if you are looking to murderous countries for a sollution.

FFS man you dont combat bad ideas with way more terrible ones unless you are a weak minded fool who only has violence as a recourse to problems.

Or maybe they just don’t feel like they were accepted for embracing their actual gender due to systemic discrimination.
What is furies.com. Not gonna check.

How about we dont support and praise mental illness. It leads to suicide.

You're too focused on the example I gave. I could have said cancer. I could have said schizophrenia. If I went to Youtube and pressed record on my camera and said "hey everyone, genecop was diagnosed stage 2a squamous cell carcinoma which is a type of lung cancer. He's going to undergo a partial ablation of the inferior lobe of the right lung on Tuesday which will be performed by Dr. Harry Wilcox, followed by targeted radiotherapy in a few weeks after recovery, and will end it with 5 rounds of chemotherapy. His doctor estimates his prognosis at 30% survival." you'd have every right to sue me.
ANd your desire to categorize mental health disorders on a different level with a lower variance of validity from somatic disorders with a higher degree of validity is a problem. Psychiatry is a discipline of medicine, and medicine doesn't see that distinction. This isn't chiropractic science vs orthopedics. Psychiatry has to undergo the same rigor of scrutiny as any other medical discipline. It's common folk with no particular training or knowledge in medicine that seem to have this opinion that psychiatry is really just a bunch of opinion and filled with bias.
Do psychiatrists disagree at times? Yes. Do oncologists sometimes disagree on proposed treatment plans? Absolutely. It's common in any field.

Gender dysmorphia is a mental illness. Massive political pressure was used to change the science. This is all about politics and power.

Isnt this what Jordon Petterson was referring too?

Just read the article. That's fucked.

Bring on china. They know what men and women still are and have zero tolerance for this social nonsense.

It's exactly what Peterson was afraid would happen but he got attacked relentlessly by liberals for it.

It's exactly what Peterson was afraid would happen but he got attacked relentlessly by liberals for it.

yeah but mcountries solution is to go full commie to stop it so he is worse than the original problem. he thinks china and russia ought to be commended for running a society so fearful and controlling that nothing like this could happen.

If male and female are irrelevant, why are the pronouns that refer to male and female so important? Seems like they want to be the other sex while simultaneously claiming sex is irrelevant.

None of it makes a lick of sense from a point A to point B sort of logical thought process.

A. Gender is a social construct.
B. I will now have my penis removed.

What? Does that mean your penis is a social construct?

How can anyone possibly even begin to make heads or tales of what is even being argued, here? You literally need to remove all forms of critical thinking from your way of looking at an issue for any of it to seem like a defensible lens through which to look at reality.

Your kids and grandkids are going to be absolutely fucked and it's all our faults, I'm talking about anyone 20 and older. We sat here and collectively let these demons fuck the West over and we didn't do shit about it. Look at all the crazy shit these people are doing, shutting countries down with authoritarian measures for something that isn't nearly as bad as its made out to be, allowing the courts to have your kids pumped full of hormones and then trying to silence you, crying racism at every turn, everything is fucked and its because of agents of Satan like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau and all of these other American, Canadian, and European scumbags. Your children will not live free like you did, and lol at the world your grandchildren will inherit.

You mean like believing in make believe theories like religion? Because that doesn’t lead to suicide either?

Actually, countless studies (secular, unbiased, clinical, longitudinal studies) have found that religion and religiosity lead to a statistically significant reduction is suicide risk.

The jury is out on why that is, but it's still the truth.

Actually, countless studies (secular, unbiased, clinical, longitudinal studies) have found that religion and religiosity lead to a statistically significant reduction is suicide risk.

Yeah. I doubt that. The church is powerful and can pay whomever to make a study like that. They will continue to harbour pedophiles that prey on the weak and children.

Yeah. I doubt that. The church is powerful and can pay whomever to make a study like that. They will continue to harbour pedophiles that prey on the weak and children.

Naw.

Even studies that attempt to explain the phenomenon away ultimately concede that it exists:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7310534/

The NCBI isn't carrying water for organized religion.

Neither am I, for that matter.

It is what it is, though. No good reason to pick a fight with data that is as established as this set of data happens to be. Try to wrap your head around it, sure. But don't just go into denial mode because it doesn't comport with your particular assumptions.

A sense of community usually comes with support structures built in for it's members. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Naw.

Even studies that attempt to explain the phenomenon away ultimately concede that it exists:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7310534/

The NCBI isn't carrying water for organized religion.

Neither am I, for that matter.

It is what it is, though. No good reason to pick a fight with data that is as established as this set of data happens to be. Try to wrap your head around it, sure. But don't just go into denial mode because it doesn't comport with your particular assumptions.
Has nothing to do with denial. For every study that says there isn’t a correlation, there is a study that says there is. Religions have been calling homosexuality deviancy for years. I’m not surprised their brainwashed followers call it a mental disorder. My original point, is that Calling this mental issues is rich coming from people who believe certain things about religions. And I’m all for spirituality or whatever you want to call it. I just think it’s funny you have to believe some crazy fairy tale to be able to find that spiritually.

Stop speaking in generalities and nebulous terms. What do you mean by "useful makes can reboot the system"? You did not address the question of motivation. What is BLM motivated by in this matter? Why is it in their interest to do to? Why do you believe the role of the male father is under attack? What systems in place promulgate this belief?

To my above question, I will agree that parental rights in divorce settlements have been severely skewed toward mothers in the past, but even that's changing now toward something more equal.

I feel like it's kind of an answer to the overly simplistic Conservative talking point that the difficulties black people have in America are not due to racism (systemic or overt), but due to comparatively high rates of fatherless households in black American communities.

Rather than grapple with that as a problem stemming from historical and current racism (which it is), it feels like there's a third rail sort of argument developing that fatherless households are not a problem and that the suggestion that this is a problem is a racist (not to mention heteronormatively biased) outlook.

So to summarize, there is a growing segment of anti-racist thought that is turning away from the idea that racism is to blame for higher levels of fatherless family units, in favour of an idea that defining higher levels of fatherless family units as problematic is, in itself, racist.

I say this fully acknowledging that the conservative talking point this reaction stems from does not generally represent a good faith engagement with the issue. But, as is true of much reactionary politicking, the response is seems to be at least as unhealthy as the trigger.

Back