Economy Canadian home prices have jumped 22% from last year

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canad...r-cent-since-last-year-survey-finds-1.5624046

The Canadian housing market continues to defy the odds by continuing to grow at insane rates. Toronto has also been called the second largest real estate bubble by a Swiss bank (https://betterdwelling.com/a-global...-2nd-biggest-real-estate-bubble-in-the-world/).

Honestly I don't even understand how people survive in Toronto or Vancouver. The wages are not great, the housing prices are absurd and the cost of living in general is insanely high.
Be single, have a work provided vehicle they allow you to use for personal, and save like a motherfucker. I'm better off then most and I barely save 400$ a month. I have no fucking clue how people do it with car payments and insurance on top. It's bad here. We really need to start going down the Australia route.

Concentrating vast populations into cities is only good for the environment if the cities are designed well. This will be a major problem going forward as the population increases.

I feel continued urbanization will eventually grow these cities extremely large, converting the already-dwindling suburban farmland into housing and swallowing up the rest of the suburbs while increasing the detrimental impact on wildlife. This process is already underway.

Eventually this will limit the availability of local food sources and increase our dependence on food sources further and further away as farmland becomes scarcer near the cities, impacting the climate negatively.

We need to preserve as much farmland as possible in and around communities.

The south of Sweden known for farmland and very good farmland, is seeing this when cities want to expand.
The new parts of cities are now getting build on rich farmland that are actually needed for.... farming.
Even some big solar energy park is getting build on rich soil farmland IIRC. Insane.

I dont think this is a good solution at all, but I also admit I dont have any idea / solution what to do instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back