Canadian government considering full ban on handguns and assault weapons.

we stand a decent chance of defeating the army & police in a protracted guerilla campaign, i'm not worried

Is there also a plan on stopping illegal guns coming across the border? You know, like something targeted at actual criminals, not citizens who already have to jump through many hoops to get a handgun?

No. There isn’t enough political will in Canada to even SAY the words “Gang violence” by public officials, which is the actual issue in Toronto that is leading to the shootings, which are overwhelming committed with illegally possessed weapons.

Gang violence is an incredibly dangerous area for politicians to step in to, our community policing initiatives are dead in the water, and yet politicians need to be seen as “doing something”, so they focus on something that has basically no impact on the problem, but which is an excellent point to fight over, as anyone who opposes it is immediately cast into the “soft on crime”/crazy gun people position.

It’s actually incredible. The total fear to even NAME the cause of the problems by politicians in the city where this is all happening.

IMO there should never be a "full ban" on handguns. At least not in North America. But the bar on ownership must be high.

And if the ban on "assault weapons" is referring to large cap mag, semi-automatic weapons, I think it's worth consideration. If Canada manages to pull it off it will be interesting to watch the results of the experiment from down here in the States.

Handguns

Literally the best, most used weapon to defend oneself

Made illegal to own to defend yourself from the majority of shootings that are committed with illegally owned/possed weapons

But go ahead, let's all rely on the police who've been (at times accurately) insesently called racist, undertrained, and power abused the last couple years

No. There isn’t enough political will in Canada to even SAY the words “Gang violence” by public officials, which is the actual issue in Toronto that is leading to the shootings, which are overwhelming committed with illegally possessed weapons.

Gang violence is an incredibly dangerous area for politicians to step in to, our community policing initiatives are dead in the water, and yet politicians need to be seen as “doing something”, so they focus on something that has basically no impact on the problem, but which is an excellent point to fight over, as anyone who opposes it is immediately cast into the “soft on crime”/crazy gun people position.

It’s actually incredible. The total fear to even NAME the cause of the problems by politicians in the city where this is all happening.

Toronto police refer to gun violence as gang related all the time, not sure what news you're reading...

not even sure why Handguns are legal for anybody but LEO and like medics/Military Officers....

nobody hunts w/ them, a shotty is arguably much better use for home defense (the deterrent alone....), the range is hot garbage, etc...

At least say rifles ostensibly have other purposes, handguns are pretty much exclusively used in Murders and Suicides, and are easily the easiest to conceal....
edit: I mean I legally own one, just saying.....all the focus on AR types, and the vast vast majority of gun deaths are from handguns

Toronto police refer to gun violence as gang related all the time, not sure what news you're reading...

I should have been more clear. I was referring to elected officials. The police know exactly what the problems are.

Good, it will be all that much easier when we invade and give them a taste of freedom.

I can't wait until I can vote that Trudeau cuck out of office next year. If we allow that moron to have another term as PM, we won't be able to buy or say anything without running afoul of his LGBTWTFBBQ/feminist/Islamophobia hate laws. I hope the Liberals are down to single digit seats so they learn their lessons for the future about political pandering, political correctness and identity politics.

This is coming from a Liberal party member. How the fuck did we end up with a male bimbo at the head of our party and government?

I can't wait until I can vote that Trudeau cuck out of office next year. If we allow that moron to have another term as PM, we won't be able to buy or say anything without running afoul of his LGBTWTFBBQ/feminist/Islamophobia hate laws. I hope the Liberals are down to single digit seats so they learn their lessons for the future about political pandering, political correctness and identity politics.

This is coming from a Liberal party member. How the fuck did we end up with a male bimbo at the head of our party and government?

meanwhile we have a naval captain with a doctorate in engineering who just so happens to have been an ASTRONAUT twiddling his thumbs in a meaningless cabinet portfolio

Handguns

Literally the best, most used weapon to defend oneself

Made illegal to own to defend yourself from the majority of shootings that are committed with illegally owned/possed weapons

But go ahead, let's all rely on the police who've been (at times accurately) insesently called racist, undertrained, and power abused the last couple years

Seeing how open or concealed carry is already illegal in Canada, the above seems kinda moot.

Another disgusting and partisan move that will only serve to disarm law abiding citizens.

This piece of shit government needs to be toppled before they start pumping state run radio into every household to assure the right opinions.

Another disgusting and partisan move that will only serve to disarm law abiding citizens.

This piece of shit government needs to be toppled before they start pumping state run radio into every household to assure the right opinions.

Well, you already aren't allowed to carry handguns anyway, concealed or open.

You can only use them at a gun club (which you must already be a member of before applying to own one), so its not like people use them for self defense anyway.

shurikens need to make a comeback IMO

My ninja stars scare the kids from the yard,
And they're like damn thats sharp,
Damn right my shit leaves scars,
I could reach you if you arent too far/

Seriously though i love my shuriken.

IMO there should never be a "full ban" on handguns. At least not in North America. But the bar on ownership must be high.

And if the ban on "assault weapons" is referring to large cap mag, semi-automatic weapons, I think it's worth consideration. If Canada manages to pull it off it will be interesting to watch the results of the experiment from down here in the States.
The bar on handgun ownership is high. Mandatory course for both restricted and non-restricted firearms, background check to get your PAL. There are restrictions on storage and transportation of restricted firearms.

There is a 5 round mag restriction for rifles (with some loopholes) except for rimfire.

In short, if someone had the power to snap their fingers and make all legally owned "assault rifles" and handguns disappear in Canada it wouldn't make a damned difference. Or, the difference would be insignificant compared to curbing the proliferation of illegal guns coming from the US.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an ignorant fool.

Edit -
Gun-Types-Photo-RCMP.jpg

Last edited:
Probably should ban former Isis members first

Back