Canadian Gov. to ban spear hunting after American hunter posts video of bear hunted with spear

Bomb teach me to hunt ! For real . I would really love to learn .

I cant even throw a baseball in a straight line i hope you have a spear / arrow proof vest . n.n

i don't hunt, just archery and target shooting with firearms.

The point i'm making is that many bows are extremely hard to learn and take forever developing skill in, same would apply to atlatl hunting. I can see banning it to discourage newbies from going out in the field to try it -- but people are just in ire over the video -- when they have no clue that these same newbies could just pick a straight bow and a hunting license and maim an animal like that

or is 95% of the time - not see an animal or miss terribly with either weapon.

i don't hunt, just archery and target shooting with firearms.

The point i'm making is that many bows are extremely hard to learn and take forever developing skill in, same would apply to atlatl hunting. I can see banning it to discourage newbies from going out in the field to try it -- but people are just in ire over the video -- when they have no clue that these same newbies could just pick a straight bow and a hunting license and maim an animal like that

or is 95% of the time - not see an animal or miss terribly with either weapon.
I realize that but a bow has a scope and a spear we are literally talking about throwing a blade on a stick .

I realize that but a bow has a scope and a spear we are literally talking about throwing a blade on a stick .

straight bow and recurves do not have sights -- and are legal to hunt with.

Compound bows can have a sight but that does =/= a scope

so with a lot of bows - we are talking about a mini spear on a band.

If you are gonna bait an animal then dispatch it as quickly as possible. No problem with that. But fuck this guy. All he's doing is trying to get internet hits.

I know, i'm saying that the media can run select stories about any type of hunting down the road at any time and people will then adopt the idea that it is inhumane. The idea that banning spear hunting will placate people that think hunting is inhumane I don't buy.
Sure those types will always exist i agree but the matter is slightly more complicated when the government is in agreeance . Then it appears that something is really wrong with using the spear . Other weapons may have a degree of miss but how bad is the spear if its not even allowed ?

Well the thing is if bow is not anymore humane id rather just learn to use a rifle . Im not opposed to hunting but i would only want to use the most humane method possible . Thats how i roll !

i don't know why, but i am reading these crusty journal articles about bow/spear dynamics, and yeah, i'm sticking with my 30-30. i guess i can look at it more in-depth later.

Firefox_Screenshot_2016_08_16_T06_46_43_229_Z.png

here is something about the atlati (from the american journal of physics).

i don't know why, but i am reading these crusty journal articles about bow/spear dynamics, and yeah, i'm sticking with my 30-30. i guess i can look at it more in-depth later.

Firefox_Screenshot_2016_08_16_T06_46_43_229_Z.png

here is something about the atlati (from the american journal of physics).

post the link.

He wasn't talking about a modern compound bow with sights. Longbow, recurve, etc. All shot instinctively.

You can get good with a spear. You ever play sports? Football, baseball, basketball. Same concept.

Teddy Roosevelt was the real alpha. He went bear hunting once and after a long unsuccessful day he went back to camp. His lackeys, feeling bad that they're leader was let down, went out and cornered a young bear. They sent word to get Teddy.

Teddy showed up, saw the pathetic bear was young and had been trapped, told them to let it go. A real man doesn't kill a trapped animal. A real man goes on a true hunt and kills his prey in motion.

What I'm saying is Aleks is a pussy. Not just for the bear thing (which he probably lied about), but because of the crime he committed against his maid and is currently serving time for.

Too bad because he used to be my favorite out of the Emelianenko brothers. Now I'll just have to stick with Datsik.

I read recently that's not what really happened, someone ended up killing it out of his sight. I don't remember where I read that, but I hope it isn't true.

I remember a rumor being floated that in Russia it is manly as fuck to trap a bears head with a Y shaped pole or something and then kill the bear with a knife and take out its heart and eat it.

Alpha as fuck. Wasn't the rumor that Aleksandr Emelienanko killed a bear with a knife?

hqdefault.jpg

I'd need to see the tale of the tape.

I read recently that's not what really happened, someone ended up killing it out of his sight. I don't remember where I read that, but I hope it isn't true.

My source was Edmund Morris's biography, and it seemed to be obsessively researched, so unless there's compelling reason to believe otherwise than I'm sticking with TR being a stand-up guy w.r.t. hunting. It seems to fit his personality and philosophy of life not to want to fight an animal that can't fight back.

Idk how to feel about this. On one hand, yeah, human history and blah blah blah but on the other hand, its not necessary with our technology. Its pointless so I guess I'm ok with the ban. If need be, if we ever go back to the stone age then we can do it again but not for now. He didn't need to do that to survive.

Back