Canadian Gov. to ban spear hunting after American hunter posts video of bear hunted with spear

Yes, if you set a trap with the intent of having another human step in it, or if you sneaked up on another human and threw objects at him, causing him pain, that would qualify as torment. Your hobby is animal cruelty.
You better put down that fucking Big Mac and Egg McMuffin you had for breakfast then and eat nothing but spinach and vegetables. NO FISH FOR YOU EITHER!

Not really because if the hunter dies the conservation authorities have to track and kill the bear . So its not just a matter of letting people do what they want and no responsibility lies on the state . They have to attempt to find the bear and destroy it . Thats a lot of extra work and cost . Its a weapon thats not very popular and carries more risk so its just easier on every one to ban it .

Might be easier, might be safer, but I'm not one to choose safety and comfort over individual freedom so easily. I still have faith in the individual's ability to make choices of their own, including the bad choices. There may be men who are perfectly capable of hunting with a spear, and it is unlikely that spear-hunting will ever turn into a trend which will cause significant costs upon the state.

I see this as a knee-jerk decision to the social media reaction against a deemed "douche" hunter, and it's a worrying trend, to be honest. How many actions can we ban by having them represented by a similar "douche"? Rally the masses and manipulate them into giving away their freedoms, an easy exercise nowadays. Too easy.

Not bear not caribou so the points irrelvant .

When would you have tracked it ? If you agree with the next day then you too deserve criticism . Have no problem with using spear if the the rule is followed to track it within the hour . Its actually takes skill to get up close and finish off a wounded animal so please stop this garbage how it takes skill to hunt . If you cant track and finish the animal off after its wounding you have no skill .
um...yes, they do....

if anything he should be commended. a speak, a fucking spear? what is this First Blood?

have more respect for this guy than anyone that shoots an animal, that's for sure

Not bear not caribou so the points irrelvant .

When would you have tracked it ? If you agree with the next day then you too deserve criticism . Have no problem with using spear if the the rule is followed to track it within the hour . Its actually takes skill to get up close and finish off a wounded animal so please stop this garbage how it takes skill to hunt . If you cant track and finish the animal off after its wounding you have no skill .
Id have waited an hour tops, and approached with a pistol or rifle drawn and cocked. Leaving the bear overnight is, meh, a silly decision. Like I said, I'm confident the bear died within moments of being struck, but I still respect the might of the largest land predators.

Back