Elections Canadian Federal Election 2019 Thread

Lol oh jeez. I doubt it, lady.

CBC:

Liberal candidate apologizes for suggesting black Canadians 'love' Trudeau for wearing blackface

A Toronto-area Liberal candidate is apologizing for suggesting people "in the black community" like Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau more because he dressed up in blackface.

"Those in the black community have told me how much more love they have for the prime minister, that he wanted to have a black face. That he took great pride in that, too," Sgro said. "And that it's the media that have blown this into something that it shouldn't be and that they're very supportive."

"I should have known better, and I apologize. The history of blackface is deeply racist and it is nothing other than discriminatory," she wrote.

"This issue has sparked an important conversation in our country and needs to be treated with great seriousness and sensitivity. I will continue to have these important conversations with my constituents."
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh called her comments "ludicrous."

"It is embarrassing and shameful that she would suggest that people like Mr. Trudeau more because he did blackface," he said during a media availability today.

"That shows a massive disconnect between the Liberal Party, and in fact Mr. Trudeau, and what real people are living and experiencing."

Last edited by a moderator:
CBC:

Liberal candidate apologizes for suggesting black Canadians 'love' Trudeau for wearing blackface

A Toronto-area Liberal candidate is apologizing for suggesting people "in the black community" like Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau more because he dressed up in blackface.

"Those in the black community have told me how much more love they have for the prime minister, that he wanted to have a black face. That he took great pride in that, too," Sgro said. "And that it's the media that have blown this into something that it shouldn't be and that they're very supportive."

"I should have known better, and I apologize. The history of blackface is deeply racist and it is nothing other than discriminatory," she wrote.

"This issue has sparked an important conversation in our country and needs to be treated with great seriousness and sensitivity. I will continue to have these important conversations with my constituents."

"It is embarrassing and shameful that she would suggest that people like Mr. Trudeau more because he did blackface," he said during a media availability today.

"That shows a massive disconnect between the Liberal Party, and in fact Mr. Trudeau, and what real people are living and experiencing."

She claimed that black people told her that the blackface deal made them like Justin more, so why is she apologizing for passing on what they told her? If she lied about them telling her that (which she obviously did) then that is what she should be apologizing for. Our election as become an American-style circus.

Lmao.

''The tribunal ruled that this distinction was not a bona fide occupational requirement. Though it is legitimate not to hire someone because they lied, if the reason they lied was to avoid discriminatory treatment, the tribunal held, the lie is justified and the question illegal.''

Wut?

Was not even a citizenship question, it was are you legally allowed to work in Canada. The dumbest part was if he explained to the company he would be granted a 3 year visa upon completion for his masters in a few months, they would've understood. They called him asking him to provide his papers and instead of explaining that, he just straight up lied, repeatedly.

It should get thrown out in court but what a waste of tax payer money to go through that appeal process

Was not even a citizenship question, it was are you legally allowed to work in Canada. The dumbest part was if he explained to the company he would be granted a 3 year visa upon completion for his masters in a few months, they would've understood. They called him asking him to provide his papers and instead of explaining that, he just straight up lied, repeatedly.

It should get thrown out in court but what a waste of tax payer money to go through that appeal process

It's fucking garbage: the questions they were asking him were legal, and thus they couldn't be discriminatory, and thus the grounds for evading the question by lying are void. If he had lied about something to disguise his age, or marital status, okay that makes some sense. But you're allowed to ask if you are allowed to work in Canada.

CBC:

The audio on this was fucking great. The chick sounds like she 95 years old.

Semi-racist and crazy old white women ftw!!

MSuUrTfbIsC3zqk2x28O6lY7kiNqpnQ5uWHc0Yqwr3B22ZMJA7GqqXiIWJ0B4ggx3G0fkWGPjvwmoyHWyBzVj7dt0A=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
This was the reason he kept his US Citizenship. He keeping his options open. Scumbag.

Trudeau is certainly many kilometers above Scheer when it comes to ethics violations, scandals and Buffoonery.

I figured I should use the imperial system since we were talking about Scheer. ;)

Trudeau is a doofus, most certainly. I do think the Liberal party is a much better option for Canada compared to the Conservatives , but not by a wide margin.

I only just learned that it's pronounced JUG-meet Singh. I've been calling him Jack-off all this time

Yeah, there's totally no clarifying context to that headline whatsoever, is there?
"A spokesperson for Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan sent a statement on his behalf late Tuesday night. It says:

“I can assure you that high quality health care services are and will continue to be provided to the women and men of our Canadian Armed Forces. Our government reversed the cuts that the Harper Conservatives put on the women and men of our armed forces. Our Defence Policy put people at its heart.

As it stands, when a member of the Canadian Armed Forces gets care in a hospital, they are charged more for the same service than a Canadian because they wear a uniform. That is wrong.

“Currently, the Canadian Forces Health Services Group is actively working with provincial and territorial governments, and civilian hospitals and institutions concerning the fee structure between the federal government and the provinces and territories."

In a Liberal or NDP-led Canada, the only oil jobs will be standing in front of a fryer at McDonalds. Time to get your heads out of your asses and think before you vote, dumb dumbs.

It's official, cast my vote this morning. Felt good! Get out and vote! Unless you're dumb enough to vote for Trudeau, in that case just stay home lol

Yeah, this is the tribunal going to crazy town. Judicial review is a high standard though, so Imperial oil may not win.

Yeah, there's totally no clarifying context to that headline whatsoever, is there?
"A spokesperson for Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan sent a statement on his behalf late Tuesday night. It says:

“I can assure you that high quality health care services are and will continue to be provided to the women and men of our Canadian Armed Forces. Our government reversed the cuts that the Harper Conservatives put on the women and men of our armed forces. Our Defence Policy put people at its heart.

As it stands, when a member of the Canadian Armed Forces gets care in a hospital, they are charged more for the same service than a Canadian because they wear a uniform. That is wrong.

“Currently, the Canadian Forces Health Services Group is actively working with provincial and territorial governments, and civilian hospitals and institutions concerning the fee structure between the federal government and the provinces and territories."

Whether it’s wrong or not that active duty military is charged higher for services is besides the point. By cutting the funding they’re leaving the hospital or the member on the hook for the provided service. I’m reg force military. A very small portion of medical treatment that I’ve received has been administered by a doctor or nurse within the military. We’re almost always referred off base to a civilian provider. I’ve already had hospitals try to bill me for services, and this was before these cuts. This is just exacerbating an already existing issue.

Whether it’s wrong or not that active duty military is charged higher for services is besides the point. By cutting the funding they’re leaving the hospital or the member on the hook for the provided service. I’m reg force military. A very small portion of medical treatment that I’ve received has been administered by a doctor or nurse within the military. We’re almost always referred off base to a civilian provider. I’ve already had hospitals try to bill me for services, and this was before these cuts. This is just exacerbating an already existing issue.
No, it's not besides the point. It's precisely the point. It's the province that is responsible for this. Just as medical providers always scam charge extra for services provided by private insurance just because they can, they're doing the same to the military. There is no reason any province in Canada should charge a member of the military who resides there any more than a civilian is charged. What is laughably described here as the federal government cutting off funding to provincial hospitals is actually just them stopping the province from over charging, in turn inappropriately diverting federal funds in to provincial coffers, rather than charging the same prices they charge civilians.

Back