Canadian Cop will stand trial for slamming passively resisting woman on her face

She's in cuffs, she's not resisting (she didn't want her hat taken off for the booking photo I guess) plus she weighs about 90 lbs.
While it's over the top, and dude should be fired or at least given a lengthy suspension, I'm sure the 30 cops who got injured in Philly last night, one of them being run over
by a truck aren't shedding tears for the woman.

Goddamn. Yeah, that was...unnecessary. He's lucky he didn't break her neck. She just grazed that counter top. A few more inches forward, and she's dead or paralyzed.
Holy fuck. Barely missed the ledge. I cringed as it happened.

I’ll never understand it. We have this guy on film. Take away his badge. He’s clearly a psychopath and deranged.

Brutal.

What's good policy there? A gut punch? Slap across the face? Call in a counselor and beg her to cooperate?
Having average strength as a man. You overpower her within normal limits.

Brutal.

What's good policy there? A gut punch? Slap across the face? Call in a counselor and beg her to cooperate?

It's a woman that looks like she is 115lb so basically you just do what he did at half the power because well your a man and can easily over power women. Unfortunately a lot of men these days don't even know basic combat so this is what you get. Their dads were to busy making sure they didn't pass down their toxic masculinity to their son.

What. A. Cunt.

Fuck that guy. I've met more dickhead cops here in Calgary than all other places combined. And I was a certified dirtbag in another life. There was just no call for that.

Having average strength as a man. You overpower her within normal limits.

I don't overpower women and don't know what level of force guarantees compliance. What gets 'em to stand still for a picture when they insist on not doing it?

I don't overpower women and don't know what level of force guarantees compliance. What gets 'em to stand still for a picture when they insist on not doing it?

I have. I've had fit girlfriends and we've played around, wrestling and the like. I also trained judo for years and have grappled with fit women with varying levels of skill.

Men are much, much stronger than women. Add to that the size difference here and the fact she was cuffed, there is no universe where this was necessary. He got frustrated and lost his temper with a helpless subject. He should never be in a position of power again.

I have. I've had fit girlfriends and we've played around, wrestling and the like. I also trained judo for years and have grappled with fit women with varying levels of skill.

Men are much, much stronger than women. Add to that the size difference here and the fact she was cuffed, there is no universe where this was necessary. He got frustrated and lost his temper with a helpless subject. He should never be in a position of power again.

Thanks, but this doesn't really answer the question. The slam was obviously excessive, but where's the line?

Thanks, but this doesn't really answer the question. The slam was obviously excessive, but where's the line?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

She didn't want he headgear removed.

Assuming they were within their rights to remove it, one or more people restrain her while it's removed. A trained person has multiple techniques to achieve this without causing harm.

Admittedly as bouncers it feels like we could get away with almost more than cops could sometimes in terms of how rough we got with people when we would go to kick them out.
Definitely. A sober bouncer's word is always going to be deemed as more reliable than a drunk person who got removed from a premises. Unfortunately that means a lot of the time bouncers get away with unacceptable behaviour.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

She didn't want he headgear removed.

Assuming they were within their rights to remove it, one or more people restrain her while it's removed. A trained person has multiple techniques to achieve this without causing harm.

I'd imagine even in Canada you're required to submit to a mugshot.

Seems impossible to make physically hold someone in place for a photo and not have hands in the picture holding their head upright. I guess those could get shooped out. :D

Seems impossible to make physically hold someone in place for a photo and not have hands in the picture holding their head upright. I guess those could get shooped out. :D
You asked earlier "where is the line?", I'm guessing it's somewhere between taking someone's hat off, and nearly killing them.

I have no idea what police are permitted to do.

I imagine resisting getting your mugshot taken carries additional chrages.

You asked earlier "where is the line?", I'm guessing it's somewhere between taking someone's hat off, and nearly killing them.

PIkprkZ.gif

I have no idea what police are permitted to do.

I imagine resisting getting your mugshot taken carries additional chrages.

I like the shooping idea. More charges just means more tax dollars wasted.

Best post in the thread by far.

Hell, best post I've seen in awhile.

And normally I think people who resist arrest are asking to be roughed up. But this was just him losing his shit and becoming a criminal himself for a second...a violent criminal no less.

It says she was arrested for violating conditions of her release. What was she originally convicted of?

Brutal.

Release her without charge. She didn't want to cooperate so the best move is to just let her go.

Back