Canada Legalizes Single Sports Gambling

I thought it was legal over there already? I know a few Canadians who do sports betting.....

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/single-ev...legal-as-bill-c218-passes-in-senate-1.6075816

Will take time to implement, but pretty soon it'll all be legal. Let's just hope the vig isn't too rough.

There's a saying that the government is the only entity that can lose money on drugs, hookers, and gambling, and it's been proven true time and again. Here in California, weed was legalized a long time ago, and people continue to get it from unlicensed distributors. Why? Because legal weed is several times more expensive. It's led to the absurd situation of the California government declaring war on these illegal weed dealers. You know, the exact same behavior that legalizing weed was supposed to prevent?

Similarly, expect legal gambling outlets in Canada to have absurd vig and very, very low limits.

There's a saying that the government is the only entity that can lose money on drugs, hookers, and gambling, and it's been proven true time and again. Here in California, weed was legalized a long time ago, and people continue to get it from unlicensed distributors. Why? Because legal weed is several times more expensive. It's led to the absurd situation of the California government declaring war on these illegal weed dealers. You know, the exact same behavior that legalizing weed was supposed to prevent?

Similarly, expect legal gambling outlets in Canada to have absurd vig and very, very low limits.
Correct. If the state or providence that betting is legal in only allows one sports betting company to operate then expect higher costs and lower revenue as customer quit in frustration or go elsewhere for better service and better prices. The state of Oregon, for example, lost money on it's sports betting app last year. The legal fees and costs of the app (SB Tech) were higher than the state projected. Of course, right?:rolleyes: Who knows if it's profitable now or will be soon. I doubt it.

Knowing Ontario theyre gonna kick out all the offshores and make their own shitty book with 10% vig and no props

Back