Canada: Female Cop Drags Blackout Drunk student, steps on head

You seem like the kinda guy who would know, im not an expert to me she looks obese maybe even mega obese but cant tell maybe shes 190 or maybe 699 or three fiddy.

I seem like the kind of guy who can semi accurately guess a human beings weight? Yea I guess so dude...

I seem like the kind of guy who can semi accurately guess a human beings weight? Yea I guess so dude...
No offense intended you seem very certain about her weight which makes me think your the kinda guy who sees the difference, i cant tell how heavy she is, she looks obese to me.

So... you want to counter punitive justice with... punitive justice?
You don't think for a second that "these fuckers are out of control and need to learn that there are consequences for their behaviour" is maybe the sort of thinking that creates problems in the first place?

The cop would have been an idiot to remain in a room, alone with an ostensibly suicidal girl.

On topic, I've been on the receiving end of very similar, but far rougher treatment from a former cop working security; you guys really need to calm down with the use of terms like "police brutality" and the like. It's getting to be like the West's abuse of the term "rape", etc, to the point that being pinched on the ass means you've been sexually assaulted and someone's life needs to be ruined.
Personal accounts do have a place in a conversation that has clearly been hijacked by emotions.

Did the cop cross the line? Yeah - that dragging was bad. And the shove with her foot looked bad. But then, maybe raise physical fitness standards for police officers.
Women and hobbits should probably not be out from behind a desk.

From what I can see, the problem with this situation was that:
A) The officer is small and weak, so her definition of "proportionate force" is not what someone else's might be; and
B) A cop was dealing with a mental health emergency - cops are not mental health professionals.

What kind of fuckwit thought it was a good idea to have cops doing "wellness checks"?

who said that? not me. i want to counter violence with justice. no other job on earth allows you to assault someone and return to work the next day. this is for good reason. no cop should work again after doing what this woman did.

the justice system is put in place to teach people lessons. extra ciricular violence via cop is not written into the laws because no one would support that. lots of cops dont support that either.

What does her being a drunk nursing student have to do with anything?
She needs our respect because shes training to be on the front lines battling The Invisible EnemyTM and is a modern day hero in training IMO

Again, all of that doesn't matter once she had the cuffs on. There are so many different ways she could have handled the situation that is baffling that that was the way she chose.
And a wasted/drugged up girl couldn't follow the commands of an officer that just showed up unannounced at her door? Why is that surprising? she was called there to do a wellness check, so she could suspect that the girl might not be well in some way.

I'm not into giving people credit for doing what they're supposed to do. It's the cop's job to help the girl and save her life if need be. It's literally what she is paid to do. It''s not a volunteer service.

It's 'baffling?'

You think it's baffling thst a female cop didn't want to call for backup and have a 220lbs male colleague walk in, pick the little girl up over his shoulder, carry her out and stick her in the squad car in 30 seconds?

Because that's what would have happened.

You think that female cop didn't see that as a potentially humiliating experience? One that her colleagues might not let her live down?

'You couldn't handle a 90lbs little girl?'

I knew a kid in high school, not a friend, more of an acquaintance who fought off two female cops and escaped arrest when he was like 15 and this wasn't a big kid.

There comes a point where we have to accept that if 10% of the male population has what it takes to be a cop, MAYBE 0.1% of the female population does.

My argument is not "how it ought to be", that's your argument. My argument is, this is how it is.

I do not believe that excessive violence should be allowed or over-looked, but I also do not think that "excessive violence", when talking about a light push/"kick" to a person who's mouthing off and not co-operating, needs to be punished by putting the cop in prison.

I believe that police officers should be allowed to make judgment calls regarding the use of physical force, to a degree which they believe to be necessary in order to get a situation under control. If they make a bad judgment call, they should be reprimanded. If these bad judgments continue to pile up, they should be fired. If the bad judgment call results in death or serious bodily injury, we can start talking about more serious repercussions such as prison.

That's how the police have operated, and should operate, as far as I'm concerned. They do not apply to the same standard as what would be applied to a citizen, because that would obviously be ludicrous, considering the amount of physical interactions they are forced to go through, as a nature of their jobs. "Excesses", from the average person's point of view, are bound to happen, when we are talking about people who repeat these scenarios on a daily basis for a number of years.

since you seem so sure that an appeal to authority makes sense in this argument (your own authority) here is an appeal to authority from an actual cop.

of course this does nothing but show that the main thrust of your argument (until you shifted goal post from an appeal to authority into and ought/is argument) is bs.

im not gonna chase you around all the different failed arguments you can make because i don't care what you think. you guys are in the minority and will lose this battle. the vast majority of people don't support unnecessary violence from cops. me showing that your argument is immoral and wrong is not important.

My dad is a retired cop. He was shot at, run after with a knife, and gotten into many altercations with violent perps. His opinion based on the video footage he's seen is there is a deep cultural problem in current law enforcement. He can't fathom why anyone would kneel on a man's neck for 8 minutes, or push a non-threatening elderly man to the ground, or shoot any unarmed person in the back as they are running away even if it was following a physical confrontation, and that none of these go unpunished.

I had a long talk about it with him and he told me there were times where things got heated and he got emotional and he felt tempted to go hard on the person who attacked him, and this includes the time he arrested a young man and was swarmed by a mob of his friends who surrounded his cruiser and they threw a large stone through the windshield with the nearest help being 40 minutes away. He didn't start the car and mow them over, or pull out his gun and started shooting. Instead, he released the guy he had arrested (after having obtained his identity), and negotiated his way out. They did go back to arrest the kid along with several of the people who attacked my dad, but nobody got hurt. He says too many cops don't use their heads anymore and react impulsively, and don't take to heart their social responsibility. Peacekeeping and law enforcement goes beyond carrying a badge, a gun and handcuffs. It's also community outreach, and a deep concern with public safety that includes the people you are intercepting for an arrest.

Cops nowadays are protected by their union, as they should be, but they are overly protected which gives them a feeling of invulnerability with the law. He does say the presence of so many video recording devices does complicate the situation, but it can also help them. The problem is we are catching more and more cops being in dereliction of duty and then the act is going unpunished. Police reform is needed.

It's 'baffling?'

You think it's baffling thst a female cop didn't want to call for backup and have a 220lbs male colleague walk in, pick the little girl up over his shoulder, carry her out and stick her in the squad car in 30 seconds?

Because that's what would have happened.

You think that female cop didn't see that as a potentially humiliating experience? One that her colleagues might not let her live down?

'You couldn't handle a 90lbs little girl?'

I knew a kid in high school, not a friend, more of an acquaintance who fought off two female cops and escaped arrest when he was like 15 and this wasn't a big kid.

There comes a point where we have to accept that if 10% of the male population has what it takes to be a cop, MAYBE 0.1% of the female population does.

this argument thinks that assault is a good alternative to embarrassment..... talk about snowflakeism.

since you seem so sure that an appeal to authority makes sense in this argument (your own authority) here is an appeal to authority from an actual cop.

of course this does nothing but show that the main thrust of your argument (until you shifted goal post from an appeal to authority into and ought/is argument) is bs.

im not gonna chase you around all the different failed arguments you can make because i don't care what you think. you guys are in the minority and will lose this battle. the vast majority of people don't support unnecessary violence from cops. me showing that your argument is immoral and wrong is not important.

My dad is a retired cop. He was shot at, run after with a knife, and gotten into many altercations with violent perps. His opinion based on the video footage he's seen is there is a deep cultural problem in current law enforcement. He can't fathom why anyone would kneel on a man's neck for 8 minutes, or push a non-threatening elderly man to the ground, or shoot any unarmed person in the back as they are running away even if it was following a physical confrontation, and that none of these go unpunished.

I had a long talk about it with him and he told me there were times where things got heated and he got emotional and he felt tempted to go hard on the person who attacked him, and this includes the time he arrested a young man and was swarmed by a mob of his friends who surrounded his cruiser and they threw a large stone through the windshield with the nearest help being 40 minutes away. He didn't start the car and mow them over, or pull out his gun and started shooting. Instead, he released the guy he had arrested (after having obtained his identity), and negotiated his way out. They did go back to arrest the kid along with several of the people who attacked my dad, but nobody got hurt. He says too many cops don't use their heads anymore and react impulsively, and don't take to heart their social responsibility. Peacekeeping and law enforcement goes beyond carrying a badge, a gun and handcuffs. It's also community outreach, and a deep concern with public safety that includes the people you are intercepting for an arrest.

Cops nowadays are protected by their union, as they should be, but they are overly protected which gives them a feeling of invulnerability with the law. He does say the presence of so many video recording devices does complicate the situation, but it can also help them. The problem is we are catching more and more cops being in dereliction of duty and then the act is going unpunished. Police reform is needed.

Why does your dad think the guy was unarmed? He had stolen a cop's taser. Also, had they searched him yet? How did they know he didn't have a gun?

this argument thinks that assault is a good alternative to embarrassment..... talk about snowflakeism.

Not at all. That woman has no business being a cop. But she is a cop. So now we all have to live with people like this on the force.

Conservatives didn't push for more women police.

Why does your dad think the guy was unarmed? He had stolen a cop's taser. Also, had they searched him yet? How did they know he didn't have a gun?

im not sure how this question addresses another posters cop fathers opinion that police have lost their way and need reform because he never once had to rough anyone up unnecessarily to do this job.

Not at all. That woman has no business being a cop. But she is a cop. So now we all have to live with people like this on the force.

Conservatives didn't push for more women police.

or ..... you know.... deal with them........ fire them..... get them counseling. create independent oversight to good cops can thrive and change the sick culture in policing....

or ..... you know.... deal with them........ fire them..... get them counseling. create independent oversight to good cops can thrive and change the sick culture in policing....

That woman is never going to be physically capable of doing the job. Period.

im not sure how this question addresses another posters cop fathers opinion that police have lost their way and need reform because he never once had to rough anyone up unnecessarily to do this job.

Watch No Country For Old Men some time. That's kind of the whole point of the movie.

im not down with making this about women being unable. the issue is cops being unqualified.

This particular case is about a woman showing that physically, an average sized woman can't be relied upon to carry out the duties police are required to carry out.

I have no police training whatsoever. I could have picked that girl up gently and got her into a squad car without either of us being injured.

The issue here isn't training or culture.

This particular case is about a woman showing that physically, an average sized woman can't be relied upon to carry out the duties police are required to carry out.

I have no police training whatsoever. I could have picked that girl up gently and got her into a squad car without either of us being injured.

The issue here isn't training or culture.

no it isn't. its about not calling for backup and then assaulting a harmless handcuffed woman because of anger.

Back