Can your body pass a stool when you get choked out?

goldwave84

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all

Is it true that you can pass a stool without knowing it when you get choked out? I heard this before but don't know the science behind it, if it is true.

GW

Didn't Tim Silvia crap himself during a UFC fight? Not sure if it was from a choke though.

easy solution - don't cram a stool up your ass in the 1st place.

:icon_chee

wow... gross.

I's "passing a stool" the nice way of saying crapping your pants.

Didn't Tim Silvia crap himself during a UFC fight? Not sure if it was from a choke though.

It was vs Ausserio Silva

don't remember a choke thou, think it was just Timmy having a bad stomach, all that creatine and stuff pro fighters garf down on must wreck their tummies

ALWAYS POOP BEFORE EVERY FIGHT / COMPETITION!!!!!!!!

you will just generally feel better and not end up on Youtube.

Never wear a white gi to comps I guess to be safe

Tim Sylvia shat himself because of the way he cut weight, or rather the way he recovered from his weight cut. If you consume too much sugar and potassium? or some other mineral after being dehydrated it gives you bad diarrhea.

YES! Make sure you tap before you go unconscious because you WILL lose control of all of your bodily functions while you are out.
Then your instructor will stick you with cleaning the mats after class.

not really.

I remember the Gene Lebell choking out Steven Seagal story mentioned Seagal shitting his pants i believe.

Yes, you can lose bowel control when you pass out. Also, bladder control. You can also vomit, hence why it is typically a good idea to roll someone on his left side as you are reviving him after choking him out. Generally, the loss of control for all three functions typically happens right as the person is regaining consciousness (right as the brain is rebooting everything, so to speak).

As for the incontinence issues, it is generally a good idea to empty both bladder and bowels before a competition.

Unfortunately, I do not know all of the biomechanics behind it. I'm sure it has something to do with the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. As your brain "reboots," the muscles in the sphincter probably involuntarily relax, so if you have a stool "in the chamber," it may come out.

Note that incontinence from being choked or knocked out is very rare absent a stroke or death. But it is still possible.

When I first started I would sit on the throne for about 10 minutes, then take a shower before I would leave for practice out of fear of this.

You can pass stool while getting choked out, but you really have to time it well.

Back