Can you really boost Testosterone from a supplement?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by DetroitRob, Jul 25, 2016.

1. DetroitRob

DetroitRob Common Sense Philosopher

I apologize if this has been covered, I looked around but did not see anything

I am getting old and everywhere I look there are ads about boosting testosterone. I did some research and I see mixed reviews on every product out there.

Can you really take a supplement that actually boosts Testosterone or all they all junk science that say "it could" or "it can".

If so, which products are legit and which are garbage? Does anyone know the answer from experience?

Inquiring minds want to know

2. frango

frango Blue Belt

If by supplements you mean "food" or "nutrients", well...then, yes you can.

The point is nobody lives on supplements, people eat food. You know cholesterol, good fats...they are necessary in order to your balls to produce testosterone. And yada yada yada.

Following this line of thinking, then yes, suplementing with the correct nutrient would help to produce testosterone. That is, IF you absorb them in the first place. So...yeah.

But some magical stuff? i dont know i guess not. Not Tribulus or anything like that. Maca,ginseng, etc. No.Not.

3. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

It's just marketing by an unregulated industry that can say what it wants to seperate you from your money. The latest in snake oil, penis enlargement ("not just longer, thick too"), weight loss, look younger, be smarter stuff that comes from the stork.

4. UL

UL no more yellows

An OTC supplement

no

it's a scam

you want something, then get the real stuff

5. FreddyFingers

FreddyFingers Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You could live off eggs, goat milk, vegetable garden and one large animal culled every 6 months.

99% things you buy you don't need.

But if you would really like some good advice guaranteed to increase your chance of success, advice proven and based on scientific principles I might know of a book or two you could buy cheap.

They are full of best routines; diet, exercise and mind love. Mind love is newest technique to super increase and maximize your genetic potential.

Discovered by a elderly german archeologist in Tibet you too can experience warmth and hardness of spirit in your mind and loins.

It's mind love a guaranteed secret revealed for the first time. It will add that 3rd leg when two is just not enough. For ladies also, Patent Pending.

6. McBryde Mats LLC

McBryde Mats LLC Orange Belt

short answer...not by anything thats worth noticing

7. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft Black Belt

Former GNC manager.
    short answer : no
    long answer : noo

8. Taboo

Taboo Orange Belt

Do a combination of eating high protein, high natural fats
    Zinc
    Vitamin D
    High intensity exercise

9. Beechwood

Beechwood Green Belt

I've seen mentions on vitamin D helping boost testosterone levels. The mention on vitamin D though can be confusing, confusing in that it is mentioned in conjunction with sun exposure. We of course obtain most of our vitamin D3 from sun exposure, but other healthy compounds are made too when our skin is exposed to the energy of UV rays.

You can read a little about that idea here, in this news paper article about a study done on the topic. Something of course to keep in mind is to avoid sun burns.

Sunbathing 'boosts men's sex drives': Testosterone levels rise with Vitamin D increase

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...tosterone-levels-rise-Vitamin-D-increase.html

excerpt:

"...The new findings back up previous research that found an hour of sunshine can boost a man's testosterone by 69 per cent.

Testosterone is the most important male sexual hormone. In males it is mainly responsible for the development of the sex organs, the formation and maintenance of the typical male sexual characteristics, sperm production and the controlling of male desire.

Stimulated by UV radiation, 90 per cent of vitamin D in the body is produced by the skin.

An average vitamin D level of 30 nanograms per millilitre of blood (30 ng/ml) represents the scientific value from which vitamin D has a sufficiently positive effect.

Optimal values are between 40 and 60 ng/ml. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ls-rise-Vitamin-D-increase.html#ixzz4G1cGmNeb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10. drslugg

drslugg White Belt

From my personal experience obviously anabolics beat all...However DAA powder, vitamin d3 tablets and ZMA before bed leave me feeling great, recovering better and generally feeling like a mild dose of anabolics.

TheLuckiest likes this.
  11. TheLuckiest

TheLuckiest Black Belt

D aspartic acid is scientifically backed as a testosterone booster.

https://examine.com/supplements/d-aspartic-acid/

12. ButtonMasher

ButtonMasher Banned Banned

You wanna boost testosterone here are some easy things to help:

Oils in your diet, I try to chug a shot glass each, every day of coconut oil and olive oil (these are particularly helpful while cutting).

Brazil nuts.

Look into supps that block the conversion of test to estrogen (DIM is one, I'm sure there are more).

Lots of vitamin C, several thousand IU's per day.

ZMA

13. HAWTRIDDUM

HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt Platinum Member

Go on www.ergo-log.com and do your research there on how to modify various hormone levels.

Plenty of reading material there.