Can you maintain some strength after you stop taking steroids?

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking steroids for strength training for freestyle wrestling then stop taking steroids after I achieve my desired strength and conditioning but some people told me that after you stopped taking steroids you loose ALL of your strength and conditioning that you've gained.

Is this true?

I don't know if this is gonna be removed but I'll bump it for you

Better off on steroid thread on reddit or bodybuilding.com

It's true, you also turn into a woman once you stop taking them.

I was thinking about taking steroids for strength training for freestyle wrestling then stop taking steroids after I achieve my desired strength and conditioning but some people told me that after you stopped taking steroids you loose ALL of your strength and conditioning that you've gained.

Is this true?

You will lose most of your gains if you don't properly take a post cycle therapy to reboot your body's natural production of testosterone.

You really don't want to take steroids though. It's terrible for your body and it's essentially cheating. I guarantee that you're not even close to your optimum training regimen, and you should be training naturally at 100% before you even think of supplements.

Ask yourself this. What is your current barbell squat, deadlift, bench, power clean? If it's not at an intermediate/advanced level for your body weight then you need to focus on getting to your natural limit first.

Steroids doesn’t seem like it’s worth the headache

All I can tell you is that if you live the life where backne and shriveled testes doesn’t matter, I would say it’s time to give up wrestling with dudes and try wrestling with some chicks.

Where are you wrestling at 25 that steroids wouldn’t be looked down upon at the very least and or get you kicked out and disqualified??
I never been on a wrestling team but its something I want to do in the future, I plan on joining the csu Bakersfield wrestling team because it's the closest uni that has a wrestling team to my home city Los angeles.

I also want to compete in the 2028 la Olympics.

Where are you wrestling at 25 that steroids wouldn’t be looked down upon at the very least and or get you kicked out and disqualified??
His basement.
23032753_190461258188767_2682410285483577715_n.jpg

I never been on a wrestling team but its something I want to do in the future, I plan on joining the csu Bakersfield wrestling team because it's the closest uni that has a wrestling team to my home city Los angeles.

That’s late to be starting that game.
If you’ve been lifting for a couple of years already, pm and I’ll give you some thoughts.

Don't take em.

Unless you want steroid physique.

You will definitely lose your gains, maybe by even 20% or more.

-Never wrestled until the age of 25
-"Plans" on joining a Div II wrestling team.....which is folkstyle and not freestyle
-wants to compete at the highest international level eventually at 33 years old
-trying to get geared up in order to negate the lack of nearly 20 years wrestling experience

<{cruzshake}>

At this point you should only be wrestling....like all day every day in order to bring up your skills. Strength and conditioning is supplemental, it shouldn't be the crux of your program. If you don't have the technique to compete at the highest leve, then your 3x bodyweight deadlift and 4 minute mile doesn't mean shit.

Bruh, I don't know if you're trolling or just dumb......this idea you have, is 99.9999% not gonna work. Even if you wrestled from the age of 5 until now there's a 99.99999% chance this wouldn't work. The margin of skill and athletic ability that separates what you aim to do and who is actually doing it is massive. But good luck, I hope you prove us all wrong and we see your old ass on the mats in 2028.....that is if wrestling doesn't get axed from the Olympics.

Last edited:
Back