Can you imagine Cain Velasquez slowing like DC? I think not.

Crytek

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think it's clear that Cain has the most potential to dethrone Jon Jones.

But just think for a minute, what did DC do that Cain probably couldn't do better to Jon Jones?

Can you imagine Cain gassing like DC did? Can you imagine Cain looking less dominant than DC did tonight?

It's time to stop comparing DC to Cain, because DC is NOTHING like Cain and they are completely different fighters.

The moments when Jon Jones was slowing out, when DC was just plotting around, that is a time Cain would have taken advantage of.

And the kicks,... don't get me started on how Cain would capitalize on Jon Jones kicks.

DC never hit the pace that Cain maintains for the entire fight.

You should have posted this in the existing thread.

Can you imagine Cain ever being healthy to fight again?

If anyone can lands that many knees, kicks and punches to the body and some shirt elbows.. yes Cain will slow down.

Cain did slow down in the championship rounds against JDS in the second fight. But he was still the fresher fighter; and he acknowledged it and came to the rematch with a much better cardio.

Cain is the only fighter who can beat Jones, IMO.

Great point.. Velasquez would have eaten tonight's Jon alive..

I think it's clear that Cain has the most potential to dethrone Jon Jones.

But just think for a minute, what did DC do that Cain probably couldn't do better to Jon Jones?

Can you imagine Cain gassing like DC did? Can you imagine Cain looking less dominant than DC did tonight?

It's time to stop comparing DC to Cain, because DC is NOTHING like Cain and they are completely different fighters.

The moments when Jon Jones was slowing out, when DC was just plotting around, that is a time Cain would have taken advantage of.

And the kicks,... don't get me started on how Cain would capitalize on Jon Jones kicks.

At the pace of a LHW fight? Yeah

Cain did slow down in the championship rounds against JDS in the second fight. But he was still the fresher fighter; and he acknowledged it and came to the rematch with a much better cardio.

Cain is the only fighter who can beat Jones, IMO.

Yes, he slowed a bit, but you have to remember that he KEPT the pace and didn't allow it to become a weakness. EVERYONE gets tired in a fight, even Cain, but not everyone can push like Cain does. That's only part of my point, there's more to this fight that Cain could have capitalized on that DC didn't.

Cain definitely wouldnt have gassed...

But the tremendous advantage I thought Cain had in wrestling is false..

Cain definitely wouldnt have gassed...

But the tremendous advantage I thought Cain had in wrestling is false..

It's not Cain's wreslting that makes him great lol That's a DC fact, not a Cain fact. That's the mistake everyone is making, that Cain is just like DC. Cain is just more aggressive EVERYWHERE. Cain does a lot more than just wrestle and it's not even his wrestling that wins his fights, it's his pace, power and speed. I think he would stand with Jon Jones and get in faster than DC could.

cains style and cardio definitely make him a tougher match up for jones than dc, but after what we all just witnessed tonight im not even sure that even matters. it wouldnt suprise me at all if jones took him down at will and man handled him against the cage.

lol that won't make a difference because then we have to even the field out and bring Jon Jones to HW.

Before the fight:

Who you got in the rematch? Personally, just like in the first fight where Jon Jones is about to get slammed and punched over and over I don't think there's anything Jon Jones can do to prepare for that again.

Someones gotta beat Bones eventually right??

Don't count on it

It's not Cain's wreslting that makes him great lol That's a DC fact, not a Cain fact. That's the mistake everyone is making, that Cain is just like DC. Cain is just more aggressive EVERYWHERE. Cain does a lot more than just wrestle and it's not even his wrestling that wins his fights, it's his pace, power and speed. I think he would stand with Jon Jones and get in faster than DC could.

Ehh..I agree and dont agree with what you said but thats not my point. Looking at Jones V Cain before the only advantage I saw for jones was reach. I now believe he has reach and wrestling over cain. For me thats a change in how a view a potential MMA fight.

I agree cain could go 5 hard fought rounds and still wont be breathing hard after the fight. If theirs someone who could beat jones its definetly Cain, he has the power, pressure and superior wrestling imo and has better cardio than JJ. Jones knows tho he aint looking forward to hard fights like cain and gus.

Also DC has a history of looking up at the clock during later rounds , see the Mir and Nelson fight.

Bones would smack cain much easier then he did DC. I want to see this fight eventually. It will bring more tears then ever.

Back