Can you have ringworm that doesn't itch? (EDIT: now with pics)

I just got over some ringworm on my chin a few weeks ago. The night before it showed it itched a little bit while I slept, but after that not at all. Your last picture totaly looks like it. I wasn't even training the week I got it, I was traveling for work and I think I got itwhile staying at a hotel.

I used lamsil twice a day, when I woke up and a little before I went to bed. I used some tea tree oil as well, but I irritated my face a little with, probably from holding a cotton ball on it for too long. The RW went a way in a week. Other people said if you get a perscription cream it goes quicker.

Thanks for the advice. Were you on a plane when travelling, because that is where I think I got it.

F*CK!!!! Anyway, I figured out the potential source. I took two plane rides a couple weeks ago. I didn't even think about it until now, but if it is ringworm (and I am pretty sure it is) then I am pretty sure that is the source. Nasty ass planes. I hope this clears up without my son or wife getting it. I really hope that I my head isn't infected either. Any easy way to check my scalp other than buzzing it?

You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out where you got it. Have your wife carefully check your whole scalp (just like the monkeys do when they pick nits out of each other's fur). That's what I did.

The best way to get rid of it is to buy some tea tree oil soap (or Defense soap, which works really well) and wash your face with it 3 times/day before using your lotrimin creams. Like I said before, buy another tube of lotrimin ultra (it has a different active ingredient than regular lotrimin). Use the lotrimin ultra once at night before bed, use the regular lotrimin twice per day (once in the morning and once at noon). You should see it fade in just a few days. The hard part is KEEPING it gone. You have to use that cream for quite a while after the ringworm seems to be gone and be diligent about it. Good luck.

Should I constantly reapply the creme to it? Like once every few hours? I am unemployed and just sitting at home anyway so it wouldn't be hard to do. Would this help?

Should I constantly reapply the creme to it? Like once every few hours? I am unemployed and just sitting at home anyway so it wouldn't be hard to do. Would this help?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think the label on lotrimin advises twice per day and the label on lotrimin ultra advises once per day (I could be wrong about this) and that's how I used it. I'm not sure if there's a safety issue with applying it more often, or if it's just a matter of diminishing returns.

Also, I forgot to mention, when you wash the area (before you put cream on), leave the tea tree oil soap (or Defense soap) on it for a 30 seconds to a minute or so before rinsing it off.

Dude gets some eucerin cream its best mositurizer out there its a good thing to have if your grappling seeing we take so much more showers then other people that we can dry are skin out more easily .

I pay 10 bucks at the pharmacy and they make me up a big tub of it and it lasts for a year .

Does yours look like this? Shiiiittttt. I just went to walmart and I was going to pick up some lamicil or some creme for it and decided I probably don't have ringworm.

My reasoning was the following:

1) it doesn't itch

2) I have absolutely no idea how I could have gotten it...years of my life I have spent grappling and now that I am fat and lazy I get it, doesn't seem likely.

3) I went to town today on my beard with a buzzer before I shaved and my chin was the hardest spot to buzzer (so I was buzzing it pretty hard)

4) I think the spots are lightening up.

Anyway, now that you say that yours doesn't itch, it makes me worry. But worse comes to worse, I will check it out tomorrow, see how it looks and feels, and then take it from there.

Mine looks like traditional ringworm: a ring with a small "bullseye" in the center.

Ringworm is a fungus. It lives everywhere. Who knows where you got it. Soil, kids (who play in the dirt), animals (who are in the dirt), other people, swimming pools, showers, gyms, etc. Have you had athletes foot lately? It's the same fungus. Almost everyone gets it at some point in their lives (it just doesn't usually look like a "ring" unless it's on the body. On the hands, feet, and face/scalp it usually doesn't form rings)

Mine looks like traditional ringworm: a ring with a small "bullseye" in the center.

Ringworm is a fungus. It lives everywhere. Who knows where you got it. Soil, kids (who play in the dirt), animals (who are in the dirt), other people, swimming pools, showers, gyms, etc. Have you had athletes foot lately? It's the same fungus. Almost everyone gets it at some point in their lives (it just doesn't usually look like a "ring" unless it's on the body. On the hands, feet, and face/scalp it usually doesn't form rings)

Well right now I am currently cleaning the area and treating it with lamisil. I plan on doing this for a few weeks or at least 1 week after the rash is gone. I don't know FOR SURE that it is ringworm, but I am about 95% sure, so I am taking all the precautions. Unfortunately I have a job interview of sorts tomorrow that I need to shave for so I am going to have to soak my razor in bleach for a bit to kill the ringworm and same goes for my hair buzzer that I used to trim my beard. I am going to be careful with it and hopefully it doesn't spread. My son doesn't seem to have it which is a big plus. So I am just going to focus on killing it and not spreading it.

Either way I am going to stop bugging out about it because at most it is a mild annoyance and goes away if treated correctly.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Thanks for the advice. Were you on a plane when travelling, because that is where I think I got it.

I was on it. I didn't even think about that, could be. As for the cream, I think I read applying it more than a few times a day doesn't make a difference, but if it makes you feel better I don't think it would make it worse, but I'm no doctor.

Back