Can you hang bang like this

Shoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
20uubo4.jpg

I bought 80 pound bag, and im not allowed to hang it on house roof, my dad says it will bang on walls and break the roof and damage everything. I can put it between trees, would this work? I make sure the rope is very firm and strong so it will not break.

Will this work thank you so much

Not likely.

If one of the trees has a decent overhanging limb, you can hang it from that.

I dont know if your serious or what but I laughed at a few things:
1) Your thread title says "hang bang".
2) Your drawing is a masterpiece.
3) Your dad's comments on how it will bring the house down.

If you're serious then you'd have to make sure the ropes are cinched tight to avoid sagging. Depending on where you live you might have to take into consideration the elements and how they will affect your bag over time.

I did......sort of. About ten years ago I was working in a bush camp in the mountains and I brought a big canvass bag with me. I found a good boy scout who knew his knots and had him rig it up. What he did was not so much screw it into the tree, as wrap the rope around the trees several times and run it through the ring hole on the chain before using some kind of sailor knot to properly secure the bag's weight, while retaining the tension of the rope.

It held out for the whole summer and the crew was stoked to have a bag that they could blow their wad on over about a 30 second outburst here and there.

I suggest finding yourself a stellar boy scout or a sailor and buying him a case of beer. It can definitely be done.

depending on how far apart the trees are, your bag will most likely sag.

btw, your dad is full of shit, and just doesnt want you to have fun.

Is that you kicking while wearing a crown of thorns?

Man, I forgot how much fun KidPix was.

I dont know if your serious or what but I laughed at a few things:
1) Your thread title says "hang bang".
2) Your drawing is a masterpiece.
3) Your dad's comments on how it will bring the house down.

If you're serious then you'd have to make sure the ropes are cinched tight to avoid sagging. Depending on where you live you might have to take into consideration the elements and how they will affect your bag over time.

This really brings out the funny in his post.

there is no overhanging limb......... so i hope it wont sag maybe ill use 5 ropes instead of one and a long chain

Fixed for ya

7bp-20uubo.jpg

The amount of tension required in those ropes to support an 80 lb heavybag on its center without sagging would have to be ENORMOUS. The rope, anchor or tree would give out way before you would be able to do that. You're better off drilling into the tree for a stable foundation. This would create an artificial 'tree limb' to hang it off of like someone else suggested above.

If you could provide some measurements along with your drawing I may be able to offer some suggestions assuming this isn't a trolljob lol.

I'm telling ya, I had it done and it worked fine. My trees were only about 10 feet apart however.

get one of those big steel screws with a loop on the end (cant for the life of me think of the name for this) and screw it into a big branch on the tree...i hung one from the beam in my living room ceiling in my last apt so if it didnt bring down the roof then youll be safe haha

get one of those big steel screws with a loop on the end (cant for the life of me think of the name for this) and screw it into a big branch on the tree...i hung one from the beam in my living room ceiling in my last apt so if it didnt bring down the roof then youll be safe haha

They would be a screw eye. I would think something around 4 or 5 inches and 1/2 diameter would be enough to hold 80 pound bag.

If the tree had big fat branches to hang a bag from, or put a screw eye into, the ts probably would have taken note of it before coming up with this nifty diagram concept.

When i roped mine between two trees they were big pines with small branches very high up. Though, I must say in defense of those posters suggesting the branch concept......the ts did draw a couple fucked up trees with some pretty strange branches. Then again, your guy is throwing a kick and a punch at the same time. I am not sure this project should be left in your hands any longer. Go buy a bag stand.

All this hang banging is getting me excited:redface:

Back