Can you handle No UFC for 3 months?

Easily.

UFC has become oversaturated, I don't even watch most fights on most cards anymore.

I used to watch from start to finish.

It would have been nice to watch considering I can't train BJJ go to the gym or do most of my other hobbies. I'll obviously get by, but I'm not sure what I'll pass the time doing as I don't have many interests that don't involve social/physical interaction.

EDIT - I'll probably spend most of the time shitposting on here tbh.

The worldwide governments will be the ones that cause any apocalypse, less than a 1% mortality rate with the vast majority being elderly being the death victims.

Yet somehow that is still important enough to make the 99% that would be fine be plunged into a life of poverty.

Lmfao shut the fuck up forever.

I was clearly being tongue-in-cheek about about it being the apocalypse but if you're still not taking this shit seriously when the literal majority of ICU's in my area are at capacity with patients and there's a shortage of ventilators, let alone what's going on in NY, you're a fucking moron.

Well, yeah to the question. For two reasons a: I have little desire to watch combat sports and b: I would not spend money for paper view when I could use it for other things ie groceries food shopping

China reopened their wet markets, which starts and spreads these type of diseases.

UFC closed their events, which have not started nor spread these type of pandemics.

Please explain why you're such a tool. If you can't, then at least stop making such condiscending threads.
Join date 2002, Where in NY are you located? You must be far upstate. Otherwise, its amazing you are still alive.

I was clearly being tongue-in-cheek about about it being the apocalypse but if you're still not taking this shit seriously when the literal majority of ICU's in my area are at capacity with patients and there's a shortage of ventilators, let alone what's going on in NY, you're a fucking moron.

The shit that will cause civil unrest is people unable to earn a living and buy basic fucking necessities. The government stopping the overwhelming majority of people from earning a living to protect a vast minority will lead to another great depression.

Fuck off, just because you likely live in a population center that is overrun doesn't mean everyone should be treated the same. My county has 9 confirmed cases, one of which is a friend of mine who only has a mild cough and a runny nose, only tested because she works at a hospital.

Yet, stupid ass politicians won't let people in the county go back to work....except for "essential" workers like 7/11 clerks.

Again, you bringing up New York when the event county in question has TWO CASES shows you are the one who is a fucking idiot.

.66 mortality rate, and even then the vast majority of those that die are elderly or have a pre existing health condition. Having professional athletes compete in an empty stadium would endanger no one.

Yes, new york is getting it's shit pushed in. That doesn't mean the entire US is.

Already feels like months since the last UFC, but Kevin Lee's card was less than a month ago.

We have no choice unfortunately, hopefully events start happening behind closed doors again by June. It's not impossible.

I can. And thats pretty much what is going to happen. Accept it.
If you can't, explain why. Why is MMA so important to your life that you don't care about the safety of the human race?
Did some university scientist on cable news scare you? Infection rates are already dropping in a lot of places around the world. If you seriously think we won't be in a place where having a card behind closed doors is acceptable before mid-July, then have fun living your life with that delusional disorder of yours.

Safety of the human race? I don't give af about it if I don't see tested fighters fighting in a very controllable environment as a problem? You're a joke.

I've been a UFC/MMA fan since the 90's. One event every few months was the regular release pattern back in the day.
Es Normal.

Again, you bringing up New York when the event county in question has TWO CASES shows you are the one who is a fucking idiot.

.66 mortality rate, and even then the vast majority of those that die are elderly or have a pre existing health condition. Having professional athletes compete in an empty stadium would endanger no one.

Yes, new york is getting it's shit pushed in. That doesn't mean the entire US is.

Y'know what's keeping whatever middle America country shithole from getting hammered like the rest of society? People staying the fuck indoors and not spreading the shit.

You are actually retarded, go hoard toilet paper and please stop talking to me.

yes. the cards are so watered down and shitty now that i basically go without most UFC events for three months anyway.

are you really telling me it's going to break your heart to not see: anthony smith vs glover teixeira? blaydes vs volkov? woodley vs edwards?

weak shit tbh
UFC is blessed because they can come back and make real STACKED cards

No, I dont think I can. I'll probably end my life before this is all over.

I can. And thats pretty much what is going to happen. Accept it.
If you can't, explain why. Why is MMA so important to your life that you don't care about the safety of the human race?

I'm fine if they find a way to make it work. It depends on how they do it.

For example: if they quarantine everyone involved for 2 weeks after the event, then test everyone... then the human race will not be effected right?

also, "The human race?" lol... 99% of the people who get the virus don't die my over-hyped "sky is falling" Sherbro. Yes I know the current numbers are a higher percentage, but the amount of people who don't test are high as well & by the time that gets added in with the antibody test, this thing will be under 1%. So the human race is not in danger of extinction from this. Obviously you're speaking to the world wide effort for social distancing & self quarantining, but I can see how this could be done in a way that doesn't interfere with stopping the spread.

Whether or not they do those measures would be your gripe as best as I can tell, but standing behind a blanket statement that there's no way to do it without potentially spreading Covid isn't necessarily true. Try calming down & listen to some smooth jazz or something. Spreading exaggerated fear & terror is a harmful extreme as well.

I mean, I'll have to endure many other things for X months. UFC is one of the hobbies, like watching a Champion League game, for example.
Would I like to watch it? Yeah, ofc
Will I suffer cause I won't be able to for some time? Lol, no. I'm happy to have a job, who gives a fck about sport at this moment xD

EDIT: Pretty sure it's going to be a lot longer than 3 months, but that's beside the point, I know

I am a huge NFL fan and I handle their offseason just fine every year. No MMA for a few months won't phase me.

3 months of saturday night spent with the woman...

these are dark times indeed.

Back