Can you forgive someone who murdered your love ones?

Absolutely not, if anyone murdered my daughter I'd spend the 25 years they were inside researching and preparing the most creative and horrific suffering filled death possible for when they get released.

I always look at those movies or shows or whatever where someone is going to tortute a rapist or killer and then someone else steps in and is like "You don't want to be that guy....you don't want to go down this dark path there is no peace in it". And then the guy just forgives the person and doesn't torture them.

Me.....maybe I'm a psycho. but I believe I could and would torture that person if given the chance if someone raped or killed my children. I would just forgive myself after the fact and then it would be all even.

Husband has always said if someone raped or murdered me he would take out all their loved ones.

Love him, I'm a vindictive bastard as well.

I would never kill an innocent person just to get revenge on someone else. That's messed up. So if someone killed your kid, he'd kill someone else's kids just to get back at the person? Really??? Kill an innocent child for the sins of his/her father?

I would never kill an innocent person just to get revenge on someone else. That's messed up. So if someone killed your kid, he'd kill someone else's kids just to get back at the person? Really??? Kill an innocent child for the sins of his/her father?
Whether he would or not is a different story. I went a bit spastic about the rape bit. So I've been raped, and now my husband is in jail for life? Selfish git!

And like, intentional murder? If it’s my kids, I’m going out killing a bunch of your family members. Sorry.

So manslaughter then.
my friend's dad's killer got off a murder charge and got manslaughter, I think he did 4 years after being handed 7. His entire family were on the court steps yelling obscenities at my friend's family and my friend still was okay with him getting off with manslaughter. It isn't going to bring him back.
Obviously it's situational. My son had a buddy that was in a car driven by another buddy who crashed. New driver, road was wet. Might have been going too fast. That kid feels terrible and will never be the same. He didn't want his friend to die. They were like brothers. There can be forgiveness there. Now if a Drunk crashed into the car double the legal limit and killed the kid, Manslaughter wouldnt be enough. If it were my kid I would count the days until he got out.

Agree. You want the perpetrator to suffer and that's respectable, but hurting innocents to get vengence is a disturbing lack of imagination.

No, if they straight up murdered my family id return the favor but do it slowly.

If it was to my kids, I’d take a shard of glass with a duct taped handle thru the metal detectors and slice the guys throat in the courtroom. No forgiveness.

If someone killed one of my loved ones maliciously/with intent...
ill-find-you-i-will-kill-you.gif

I don't want to go to jail, so I would plan it out to cover my tracks as well as possible. Even if it took me years, I would get vengeance and make them suffer. I'm not some tough guy trying to sound tough, I just know I would do that.

No, it's pathetic. And let me tell you what, if I get murdered and then my mother ends up hugging my murderer it would be a major betrayal.

Yes. After I finish torturing the person to death in the most gruesome way I can imagine.
And I have a very good imagination.
Hard to beat scaphism. Going Funky town or Ghostrider on them would also be brutal but you'd need to be pumping them with adrenaline to keep them alive.

no, i cant even forgive someone for rightfully winning something over me much less forgive for taking something important from me.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

6.5 years ago a unknown man walked into my older brother's place of work and shot him as he was behind the counter. It was a monday morning, so it was no robbery. Out of my family, I volunteered to call my mother. Let me tell you something, the noises I heard over the phone when she realized what I was telling her? Not only have i never heard a human being make those sounds before, I'll never forget them.
The killer has still not been properly identified, let alone arrested and convicted. Maybe never will. I dream of the day though. I will be fighting for the death penalty, and I will volunteer to put the needle in his arm myself.
God may forgive, but for forcing my mother to bury her son, and my grandmother her eldest grandchild? Forgiveness for such a thing doesn't exist.

This one made me cry, man. I don't think I can ever do that. I'm not strong. <2>

Another one.

Oh fuck no. I'm thinking key locks, kimura, arm bar, heal hook, knee bar on both sides... no ref, no stopping till I hear the snap.

I wouldn't kill them as that would be far too easy but you can bet your ass that their life would never be the same.

A better man may forgive them ...but I am not that man.

Back