Can you forgive someone who murdered your love ones?

Nope. No way in hell.

There’s very few reasons to forgive someone.
Murder is certainly not one.

If it were an accident I would. If it was on purpose, murder, etc....I would forgive them when their eyes closed forever from my actions.

Nah, take one of mines and I'm taking 15 of yours

Only after I've murdered them in return.
This. And if it was murder with intent on my loved ones, and I had the opportunity I wouldn't just kill them fast either. I'll keep them alive for months burning them with a bic.

If it were an accident I would. If it was on purpose, murder, etc....I would forgive them when their eyes closed forever from my actions.
So manslaughter then.
my friend's dad's killer got off a murder charge and got manslaughter, I think he did 4 years after being handed 7. His entire family were on the court steps yelling obscenities at my friend's family and my friend still was okay with him getting off with manslaughter. It isn't going to bring him back.

Unfortunately, I'd need to take something they cared about first.

Even our chaplain has trouble forgiving?

That would not be an easy thing though.

There was some myth about an African custom where the murderer would be tied up in a small boat with holes and pushed off into a river or lake from the shore while the village watches. The family of the victim had the option to stand and watch them drown or go out and pull the canoe back to shore.

I'd forgive them, but then start coming around asking to borrow money or their car.

They'd say yes out of guilt, but it would be annoying as hell. So I get money and revenge at the same time.

Even our chaplain has trouble forgiving?

That would not be an easy thing though.

There was some myth about an African custom where the murderer would be tied up in a small boat with holes and pushed off into a river or lake from the shore while the village watches. The family of the victim had the option to stand and watch them drown or go out and pull the canoe back to shore.
That's a great solution. Why we ever fucked up that custom is a mystery. It's perfect.

View attachment 881905
I've only recently become mature enough to realise forgiveness is something that benefits the "forgiver" as well as the "forgivee"; that if you actually manage to honestly forgive someone, you are released from your nagging feelings of anger and resentment towards them.

However, I don't think I'm mature enough to forgive a murderer just yet.
I feel this to be very true. Does an ex girlfriend getting an abortion without talking about it count?

I feel this to be very true. Does an ex girlfriend getting an abortion without talking about it count?

Damn, that's a tough one and I've fortunately never been in that situation. In my experience, people can tell you to forgive things or to let things go, but it's not quite something you can just will yourself to do. You can maybe help the process along, but it happens when it happens and only you can say when the time is. But when the time does come, it's a weight off your shoulders.

Depends on the circumstances…Depends on how spiritually strong or weak I am at the time..

Pretty much this. It would fluctuate with the degree of spiritual awakeness I have at the time. If I'm awake, then it's clear there would be nothing to forgive. If I'm bound up in self and illusion, less likely.

Gonna be a no from me dawg. Revenge has no expiry date

Forgiveness is a Six Gun...teach me how to shoot

Saw them in a small venue here, I went because 36 Crazyfists supported and I'm huge into them. They were really good, I wasn't expecting them to be.

Damn, that's a tough one and I've fortunately never been in that situation. In my experience, people can tell you to forgive things or to let things go, but it's not quite something you can just will yourself to do. You can maybe help the process along, but it happens when it happens and only you can say when the time is. But when the time does come, it's a weight off your shoulders.
Still waiting for it to stop bothering me. 2008 was many sols ago.

Saw them in a small venue here, I went because 36 Crazyfists supported and I'm huge into them. They were really good, I wasn't expecting them to be.
The Ritz? I've seen them there twice, once with 36 Crazyfists.

Back