Can you blame Ferguson for declining a fight against Max in favour of I fight against Conor?

At this point you gotta do whatever is gonna generate the most exposure, anticipation, and money for yourself. I hate seeing these talented guys not staying active in their prime years but if sitting out gets you a potential Conor or whoever massive fight payday then get it.

It's like Leveon Bell just passed up 13-15 mil to sit the season. One day he might wish he had that coin or one day he knows that decision set him up better in the end.

Its hard to sit in this game too long unless you're one of the big boys, cause this bus will keep rolling with or without you.

If it was for an interim title he's nuts.

It's a chance for a title and PPV points.

Dana will hate him for this now and his negotiations will be very tough going forward.

Stupid fucking move imo

Interims don't get PPV points.

Shuab talks about it when Ortega turned down a replacement opponent for the interim after Max pulled out.

Two sides of the coin... He never chose any fights before and now, all of a sudden, he prefers McGregor. Too much risk for McGregor and, eventually, for the promotion, because Tony has high chances of winning and bury the McGregor hype forever. On the other side, he could be just Tony Ferguson and win a fight against a high quality and risky opponent, Max Holloway, and try to prove a bold point.

But, at the same time, fighting both would guarantee a title shot this time, one hundred percent. Dana would be out of excuses. But he doesn't have marketing power to call out McGregor and, like I said, McGregor has nothing to win and would duck without thinking. Being Tony Ferguson and try the hard path against Holloway is the right way for him. IF he really wants to fight for the belt.
If he wants the belt?? He had his title stripped in less than a year while Khabib is going to be out equally as long and not be stripped.

This whole LW situation and treatment of Tony us beyond disgusting. He shouldn't HAVE to do anything to prove he wants a title. He has a fkin longer winning streak than anyone in the history of the division and he's fucked up a lot of the guys during that streak. He's easily one of the most exciting fighters to watch in the UFC at that. If they knew how to market anyone, they could have made Tony a star. They can't because Dana is not a great promoter.

There is no reason he shouldn't be fighting for the real LW belt in his next fight, regardless of who it is.

UFC is scrambling. What a mess. Still hasn't recovered from the Khabib-Conor pre & post-fight shit show.

I don't blame him but he has no legs to stand on. No matter how shit and unfair it is.

If he doesn't take the reported interim shot against Max someone else will and Tony will be sent to the back of the line and never sniff a title shot again.

Conor is pampered. The anti-Tony. They'll let him choose who he wants to fight everytime.
Exactly why the McUFC fucking sucks

Interims don't get PPV points.

Shuab talks about it when Ortega turned down a replacement opponent for the interim after Max pulled out.

Wow, what a fuckover

Didn't know that.

That would be my one proviso if I was him.

Especially seeing as he was stripped prematurely.

I honestly don't even think it's about money with Ferguson. I think he just really wants to kick Conors ass.

khaduck wont do his community service so he gets to have tony fight someone else.
well played khabib. seems ducks are everywhere.

First, Max is a more difficult fight, in my opinion. Second, Conor has to win this or else it is the last of his big money fights. He hasn’t won an mma fight in years as is but he’s still big enough to produce one last needle mover. Tony thinks he can beat Conor and he knows he’ll get paid. If Conor fights someone else, and loses, that’s it. He can either fight the James Vicks of the world and earn that sweet Reebok $$$, or he can take his money back to Ireland and fend off paternity accusations.

gty_513971508_80269252.jpg
diaz_vs_mcgregor_ufc202-3.jpg
ezgif-5-4d7e0bfc4f.gif

Which is why UFC goons dont wont allow Conor to fight Nate Diaz again. They know Nate will beat him 3rd time in row and ruin his legacy.

They want to feed Conors tuff fights to someone else until a favorable fighter X's out the worse matchup's.

For instance Holloway might beat Ferguson but Ferguson is a worse matchup for Conor than Holloway imo. Conor cant beat fighters with infiniti cardio and iron chins like Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson.

You guys dont realize UFC is rigged to certain extent.

First, Max is a more difficult fight, in my opinion. Second, Conor has to win this or else it is the last of his big money fights. He hasn’t won an mma fight in years as is but he’s still big enough to produce one last needle mover. Tony thinks he can beat Conor and he knows he’ll get paid. If Conor fights someone else, and loses, that’s it. He can either fight the James Vicks of the world and earn that sweet Reebok $$$, or he can take his money back to Ireland and fend off paternity accusations.
I don't blame him because Conor is the #1 easy fight at LW... as far as risk / reward goes.
<WellThere>

I'm all in for Tony vs Conor. They need to build the Max fight over time. Let both of those guys get some more wins in first.

I could see Conor getting Max if Tony doesn't take that fight, tbh. Which could be the UFC's ultimate goal lol.
This. It's a negotiating tactic by the UFC .and it's going to work, either to cause Tony to accept shit $, or to get the Conor rematch .they really are an evil corporation .that being said, I've accepted that the UFC has just become a prize fighting show and not a league or sport with any structure. So I actually like tferg vs max, Al vs diamond, and cwboy v proper 12

View attachment 528907
View attachment 528909
View attachment 528913
Which is why UFC goons dont wont allow Conor to fight Nate Diaz again. They know Nate will beat him 3rd time in row and ruin his legacy.

They want to feed Conors tuff fights to someone else until a favorable fighter X's out the worse matchup's.

For instance Holloway might beat Ferguson but Ferguson is a worse matchup for Conor than Holloway imo. Conor cant beat fighters with infiniti cardio and iron chins like Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson.

You guys dont realize UFC is rigged to certain extent.

To a certain extent?? It's all a dog and pony show, minus the 25 mins in the cage, the entire pre and post fight activity is rigged

fuck no.

good for tony.

last thing anyone needs is to have another division on hold.

ufc Is on some better shit than me if they are thinking about max vs tony

Tony should either fight Conor for the $$$ or Dustin for interim.

Max has a belt already, give others a chance. Tony already knows how the interim works and at this point, the only true fight Tony needs is Khabib.

So if he's playing hardball, fair play to him. UFC are being dicks.

yes.

It has nothing to do with level of difficulty when it comes to Tony.

He wants money for his family, which is basically the only reason he wants to fight Conor. Outside of that, I don't think Tony gives a shit about Conor. If Max was the money maker, he would have accepted. He can't draw flies to shit though so there's nothing to gain from a fight with Max.
Hence the term easy money or easier money

Back