Can you blame Ferguson for declining a fight against Max in favour of I fight against Conor?

Such a shitshow at LW right now. The champ doesnt seem to have any interest in fighting any time soon except against GSP in november. While the rightful champ Tony has to settle with yet another interim belt assuming he wins of course. Then you have Poirier who has a strong claim for a shot at the interim fight against Tony (def not against Khabib when Tony is still in the game).

Then if GSP v Khabib does take place, you have more fuckery, lets say GSP wins hes most likely retiring. If Khabib wins hes probably sitting out again for 6 months. Then you have the winner of Tony vs Max waiting for a shot at the real belt, and if Dustin beats Iaquinta you’re gonna have him demanding a shot.

Owh yeah lets not forget the winner of Conor v Cowboy. If Conor impressively beats Cowboy bet your sweet ass the UFC is gonna look to have Conor skip the line and cut in front of all those guys.

Good on him. The bald goof has proved interim belts mean less than nothing. Why should he have to fight a FW while the guy under him in the rankings cherry picks number 9 for an immediate rematch. UFC is a fucking joke

Not at all. Unfortunately Conor clearly wants no part of anything to do with Tony Ferguson, which is understandable because he desperately needs a win.

Tony wants easier payday

Conor is the easy fight

If it was for an interim title he's nuts.

It's a chance for a title and PPV points.

Dana will hate him for this now and his negotiations will be very tough going forward.

Stupid fucking move imo
You mean the title he just got stripped of last year while Khabib will not be stripped of his belt while missing as much time?

It's stupid he doesn't win the interim belt again? No, it's stupid for him to take another interim title fight and it's fucking disgusting they try to set him up with anything other than a real tirleshot.

Khabib should be stripped of his belt. Plain and simple. Tony's next fight should be for the real LW belt and nothing else.

Tony wants easier payday

Conor is the easy fight
It has nothing to do with level of difficulty when it comes to Tony.

He wants money for his family, which is basically the only reason he wants to fight Conor. Outside of that, I don't think Tony gives a shit about Conor. If Max was the money maker, he would have accepted. He can't draw flies to shit though so there's nothing to gain from a fight with Max.

How to be successful in the UFC in 2019:

1. Scratch and claw your way through the undercard unless you're a hot chick or the son of a legend.
2. String together enough wins to get into the top 5 rankings while not getting injured.
3. Jump through every hoop the UFC wants you to jump through on the way up, usually fighting for 10k/10k until you make a name for yourself.
4. Get a shot at the title and win.
5. Refuse all fights and wait to fight Brock, GSP, or Conor until you're stripped of the title because you got injured in practice.

You mean the title he just got stripped of last year while Khabib will not be stripped of his belt while missing as much time?

It's stupid he doesn't win the interim belt again? No, it's stupid for him to take another interim title fight and it's fucking disgusting they try to set him up with anything other than a real tirleshot.

Khabib should be stripped of his belt. Plain and simple. Tony's next fight should be for the real LW belt and nothing else.

I agree with the last statement but that's not looking like happening.

He'd be better to put himself right back in the mix IMO

I agree with the last statement but that's not looking like happening.

He'd be better to put himself right back in the mix IMO
Gives them all the power if he just gives in. Tony owes them nothing. They owe him a real tirleshot. Simple as that. If khabib can't make it to fight Tony, strip him and make Tony's fight for the actual LW belt.

Gives them all the power if he just gives in. Tony owes them nothing. They owe him a real tirleshot. Simple as that. If khabib can't make it to fight Tony, strip him and make Tony's fight for the actual LW belt.

Unfortunately Dana does not see it like that.

Very very rarely has life rewarded someone for behaving like Tony is. I can only think of one. On the other hand it's a long list who had their careers ruined by doing it.

This fight fucks the FW and LW, while we have BW fucked over by UFC's wish to get rid off 125.

No,

Conor is easy money for ferg. Max poses much more trouble to him.

So ferg wants that red panty night and an easy fight.

But no, this won’t be Conor’s last chance for a big money fight. He is big money to the ufc. He will get easy 3m contract just to show his face and get whooped for the rest of his ufc career. More if he wins some fights.

Two sides of the coin... He never chose any fights before and now, all of a sudden, he prefers McGregor. Too much risk for McGregor and, eventually, for the promotion, because Tony has high chances of winning and bury the McGregor hype forever. On the other side, he could be just Tony Ferguson and win a fight against a high quality and risky opponent, Max Holloway, and try to prove a bold point.

But, at the same time, fighting both would guarantee a title shot this time, one hundred percent. Dana would be out of excuses. But he doesn't have marketing power to call out McGregor and, like I said, McGregor has nothing to win and would duck without thinking. Being Tony Ferguson and try the hard path against Holloway is the right way for him. IF he really wants to fight for the belt.

Does anyone still believe that fairytale that the UFC has a match maker? LoL.

Tony has already fought for an interim belt. His next fight needs to be for the real belt (Khabib) or for a huge payday (Conor).

I'd love to see him and Max fight but I completely understand his POV.

I can absolutely see why. He has to lobby HAAARD to get that fight....Cowboy's gonna beat him if they fight. If Tony really wants the Conor fight, he needs to be the next guy to fight him.. His next defeat, which I believe will come in his next fight, will be the last red pantie night in MMA. Malignaggy or whatever his name is will prolly be the last time anyone gives a fuck about him in a fight outside a court room ...

That, and the fact that Max is a WWWWAAAAYYYY harder fight than McG

Back