Can you believe Aldo has 9 title defenses?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Aldo has 9 title defenses.

7 in the UFC, 2 in the WEC, which was already the #1 promotion for below 155 at the time.

Just look at his victories.

Mike Brown ( when he was nearly at his best )

Urijah Faber ( leg kick destruction )

Chad Mendes x2

Cub Swanson

Frankie Edgar

Ricardo Lamas

KZ

Gamburyan ( the only man to KO him at 145. )

Kenflo

He has beat pretty much everyone at 145 that is elite, I dont think Conor can beat him. Just look at the resumes and fights and who they have fought, but I will say Conor may the last interesting fight for Aldo at 145. Other then rematches, he needs to move up and fight elite 155ers.

It is definitely an impressive list of fighters he has beaten, It is why he is considered top 3 p4p

Emerson KO'd him before Aldo which may have been at 155 but I don't consider it a huge accomplishment just because the guy dropped down a weight class

And we are talking about Rob Emerson lol

Aldo has 9 title defenses.

7 in the UFC, 2 in the WEC, which was already the #1 promotion for below 155 at the time.

Just look at his victories.

Mike Brown ( when he was nearly at his best )

Urijah Faber ( leg kick destruction )

Chad Mendes x2

Cub Swanson

Frankie Edgar

Ricardo Lamas

KZ

Kenflo

He has beat pretty much everyone at 145 that is elite, I dont think Conor can beat him. Just look at the resumes and fights and who they have fought, but I will say Conor may the last interesting fight for Aldo at 145. Other then rematches, he needs to move up and fight elite 155ers.

And he is only 28 years old. This is EXACTLY why I believe Jose Aldo should be rightfully included in the discussion of fighters who have an exceptional chance of attaining GOAT status if they have not done it already (along with Jon Jones).

The real question is how much can Aldo's body withstand considering the amount of blows it has endured? I'd love to see him retire after he disposes of Conor, or move up and mingle with LWs for a while.

Aldo's win over Cub Swanson was the sickest I've ever seen. It was actually a flying DOUBLE knee and even though Cub was called out at 8 seconds, it was really only like 3 seconds when he was done.

Aldo's win over Cub Swanson was the sickest I've ever seen. It was actually a flying DOUBLE knee and even though Cub was called out at 8 seconds, it was really only like 3 seconds when he was done.

Indeed, it's hard to gauge how fast he really is. Animal.

7 in the ufc

just seems like last year that WEC joined the ufc

Emerson KO'd him before Aldo which may have been at 155 but I don't consider it a huge accomplishment just because the guy dropped down a weight class

And we are talking about Rob Emerson lol

I just think its respectable that he was only KO'd once when he was at a proper weightclass. ( I know he just dropped to 135)

He's incredible. One of the greatest to ever do it at this point.

Without a doubt Aldo is one of the GOATs. And if you've followed his career, he only started taking heavy damage when he got into the ufc. I'm sure he has a shit ton left in the tank

He is definitely one of the truly elite to fight in the Octagon. His speed, power and ability are hard to match. I always look forward to his fights. If he keeps winning for a few more years and eventually moves up to 155 and wins the title, he'd have to be in the conversation about being GOAT.

Sick fighter with a resume as good as it can get. If he moves to LW and captures the LW belt, that would be near impossible to top. I suppose, the only equivalent or a little better would be Jones moving up to HW and beating Cain.

The real question is how much can Aldo's body withstand considering the amount of blows it has endured? I'd love to see him retire after he disposes of Conor, or move up and mingle with LWs for a while.

How much has he been hit though in his fights?

Mendes was his closest fight yet he came on top on every exchanges, got really wobbled with the uppercut once and dropped on the left hook. One hard fight isn't going to kill him.

He will surpass Silva's number of defenses (Connor, Edgar, TJ), go up, take and defend the belt, fight the WW champion in a superfight then retire as the GOAT.

Back