Can Wonderboy Beat Woodley?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This would be a great fight; I can't call a winner, but Wonderboy lost to Matt Brown and Brown's fighting style is exactly like Woodley's. Brown had superior wrestling skills and he was better on the feet. I'm a fan of both fighters; I'm a bigger fan of Wonderboy, but I'm not sure if he can beat Woodley.

What do you guys think?

Wonderboy would completely outclass Woodley.

id root for t-wood. If wonderboy wins though he would probably be the next big star for the ufc though

Wonderboy would bludgeon him with kicks till he cries for his mommy :D

This would be a great fight; I can't call a winner, but Wonderboy lost to Matt Brown and Brown's fighting style is exactly like Woodley's. Brown had superior wrestling skills and he was better on the feet. I'm a fan of both fighters; I'm a bigger fan of Wonderboy, but I'm not sure if he can beat Woodley.

What do you guys think?

Brown's fighting style isn't exactly like Woodley's. Also a year after the Brown/Thompson fight Woodley got outstruck by Jake Shields.

Woodley and Brown's styles are not exactly the same at all.

Tyron Woodley is a fast starter, who slows down in later rounds. He has explosive wrestling, and power in his hands early. Brown is a pressure striker, with good cardio, and a wide range of striking attacks.
They're quite different.

In saying that, of course Wonderboy can beat Woodley. But that's the match up game in MMA, obviously Woodley has the tools to get the W, same goes for Wonderboy.

It's an interesting fight stylistically, I would slightly favour Woodley at this point.

If he keeps his distance then yes, probably.
Stay at kickboxing range like he did against Hendricks.

They both can win since Thompson needs to stay at a distance against a power hitter like him, but Woodley closes that distance fast. If you go based on, say, their last 5 fights, Thompson wins by decision or late TKO.

Wonderboy has improved leaps and bounds since his loss too Brown, he was 6-0, he'd murk him in the rematch, so if you ask me, it's pointless bringing up that loss.

Wonderboy is a far superior striker too Woodley, and his Wrestling is much improved.

I don't know if Wonderboy KO's him, but if it stays on the feet Wonderboy will out point him imo.

Woodley has that plyometric KO power but aside from that he has nothing that would overly trouble Wonderboy IMO. I see Wonderboy by decision or mid/late stoppage.

Wait what? Brown and Woodley are not even similar, let alone exactly alike.

And yes Wonderboy can beat Woodley. The reason why we watch is to see if he will.

I think at this point, reaching 35 years of age but just coming into the spotlight, Woodley is trying to make money moves. So I'm not sure if he's going to take the wonderboy fight soon. I think he's gonna do the gsp money fight, and maybe a nick Diaz money fight, and when he's ready to sacrifice things he'll take the wonderboy fight. It's part of the game. It's dumb getting your brain scrambled for little chunks of money.

What do you guys think?

Rory beat woodley quite easily. and Wonderboy beat Rory pretty easy. So........

I don't see much Difference with Hendricks fight.

Except for Wonderboy would have to be more cautious in Rd1+2 and wait for
Woodley to slow down, because of his early explosiveness.

Wonderboy TKO RD3 or 4.

Absolutely. I think Wonderboy can probably beat everyone in the division at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back