Can Weidman Beat Cormier At 205?

Come on, he's not that big. He and Silva were the same size when they fought.

Az5rii_CcAIH92c.jpg-large1.jpeg

He was a bit larger than Anderson and had some reach on him. Anderson isn't a small MW either.

Yeah Sonnen looked soo dominant against Bisping.

We saw Chael get finished twice by Silva. How do you think he'd fair against Machida?

The only thing that Chael and Weidman have in common is that they both wrestled in college.

Weidman is bigger, faster, stronger, has better boxing, has KO power, is a better wrestler and has better BJJ.

So do I think that a guy who's bigger and faster than Chael and is better than Chael in every aspect of fighting will do better at LHW than Chael did?

Yup.

Well Sonnen is one guy, so it doesnt prove much. But more importantly he didnt fight in the same MW division that Weidman is ruling right now.

Sonnen is the almighty MW wrestler because he beat Bisping (just barely) and a bunch of guys who arent even around anymore? Okay.

Now there are some really good guys in the div like Rockhold, Machida, Jacare, TRT-Vitor, hell even Tim Kennedy and Romero are imo better than Okami, Bisping, Marquardt and Stann.

wow it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is for people to dismiss someone.

You both write off Sonnen because of the Bisping fight, but Michael Bisping has incredible takedown defense and maybe you forgot he fought Rashad Evans at 205 and even Rashad struggled to take him down.

Sonnen showed he was a very dominant wrestler when he dominated Okami at Okami's best, something no one had ever done like that. He also dominated one of the best version's of marquardt anyone had ever seen in a way no one had ever seen

Can he?

I'm sure he can, but if the match-up were made, I'd heavily favor Cormier.

You both write off Sonnen because of the Bisping fight, but Michael Bisping has incredible takedown defense and maybe you forgot he fought Rashad Evans at 205 and even Rashad struggled to take him down.

Sonnen showed he was a very dominant wrestler when he dominated Okami at Okami's best, something no one had ever done like that. He also dominated one of the best version's of marquardt anyone had ever seen in a way no one had ever seen

I'm dismissing him because I think Weidman is clearly better?

How do you think Chael would do against The Chris? How would Okami, Rashad or Marquardt would do against him?

Cormier would fuck him up, imo. DC is a beast.

I'm dismissing him because I think Weidman is clearly better?

How do you think Chael would do against The Chris? How would Okami, Rashad or Marquardt would do against him?

He would beat Romero, Kennedy, Vitor and possible Rockhold. He would lose to Lyoto, Weidman and Jacare.

Jacare has also been around just as long as Okami, Maia, Chael, Marquardt, Bisping etc. He has only over taken them at the end of their careers.

Here we go, two delusional fan bases at war....oh yeah, DC would kill him (but I got Jones winning Saturday all the same.)

Cormier would beat him. The Jon Jones fight is a lot harder than a weidman fight. A lot lot harder.

He could beat a lot of LHW's. Cormier is not among them.

Weidman has outstruck Machida and Silva...

You see that is the point of the whole Weidman vs Cormier matchup.
Cormier would not be concerned about the wrestling of Chris at all...so... we would then have a pure stand up battle with fireworks. Unless Cormier decides to take Chris down.

It would be a good fight to see.

Sonnen also finished Shogun but Gus was unable to do so. Sonnen is one of my favorite fighters and wish he would come back. He would make some noise and shake up the division.

Come on, he's not that big. He and Silva were the same size when they fought.

No they weren't. Weidman is a very big MW who could easily be fighting LHW and would still be one of the bigger guys in that division also.

Cormier would beat him. The Jon Jones fight is a lot harder than a weidman fight. A lot lot harder.

Such a simple and perfect answer. DC is way too much for Weidman size wise. All these top fighters are right up there in skill level. The only UFC fighter that I thought could go up in weight and dominate was a younger AS. No one else.

And yes, Weidman beat a 40 yr old AS, but he would still get tooled by Jones.

Without the TD threat to bolster his game his stand-up is basic. Add the fact that he will actually be 'the hunted' in the TD department & his striking goes completely to shit.

We saw how an average striker in Sonnen outstruck Anderson due to the wrestling threat. Imagine what an average striker in Weidman would look like while having to deal with the TD threat from a top 3 HW.

Murder.

That is exactly what I was thinking and would be interesting to see how it would unfold.

dc would beat him up so badly, he would move back to 185 lol

Back