Can Weidman Beat Cormier At 205?

I think Cormier is the second best fighter in the world, maybe the best depending on how Cain comes back from his injuries. He should handle Bones fairly easily this weekend, so long as he avoids a massive adrenaline dump and Bones' spinning shit. That being said, Chris matches up really well against him. Styles make fights and all of that, so sometimes the guy who is a lesser fighter can win regularly against an all-around better fighter.

Chris would have as good a chance as anyone, but I'd still pick DC up to about a -175 line.

I wish Weidman would have competed in FS after college. The only tournaments I saw that he competed in were the 2007 NYAC Holiday classic and 2008 Schultz classic. I always thought he had a good style to transition internationally.

Probably won't but might possibly happen if there is a chance of it happening it could happen but it doubtful that it might or might not happen but it could because almost anything could be possible. It's a slight possibility.

he is the mike tyson of MMA, able to take on guys much bigger than him

not sure if your kidding but I honestly look at him as the Beethoven of MMA. Just a fucking savant of sorts. I don't think his career is going to be that long unfortunately. But imagine Chris with perfect uninjured knees. Imagine if Beethoven wasn't deaf. Look at what he's accomplished with severly arthritic knees that he can't even bend to touch his ass. Its pretty fucking incredible.

They're the same fighter except Cormier is a lot stronger. Cormier would destroy Weidman.

I think its fair fight in terms of size if its at 205. Weidman is a gigantic MW and hits hard.

I think Cormier would stuff his takedowns and beat him up standing. Hes more powerful and physically stronger and has great camp to prepare for a guy like Weidman.

I agree but I would want to see the pro level boxing that Weidman fans say that he has.

was it takedowns that won his last 3 bouts? huh.

and don't worry, he won't try to take Jacare down.

Weidman tries to take everyone down. He would fail a lot against Cormier though and Cormier would not care about the wrestling of Weidman.

It would then be a stand up fight in which Weidman could either display his pro level boxing or get caught by the heavy fists of Cormier.

Weidman didn't do much damage to Machida on the ground after his few takedowns. He picked him apart on the feet against a guy you don't want to stand and bang with and the person who he matches up the worst against. I think the argument that if Chris can't take DC down he can't win is complete bullshit.

I think Weidman should take a couple of fights at LHW. A good match for him would be Cormier. It would be a great fight to see and find out what Weidman does when he cant come even close to taking his opponent down.

I think Cormier wins this by KO or TKO in round 1 or early round 2 but it would be interesting to see up to that point.

Weidman seemed to do just fine when he pressured Machida and Anderson with his striking.

Yup. Don't tell me you actually like Bayless?

He's the only person who can compete with Smith as far as egos go.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-14-at-9.31.20-AM.png

I think they make a great team.

Cari Champion makes the show even better.

DC is too big and powerful for Weidman. He would man handle him on the ground and land a KO shot on the feet.

Back