Can Weidman Beat Cormier At 205?

DC is to powerful

If you can hang with the pressure from Cain Velasquez then you can beat Chris Weidman.

DC would destroy Weidman. The only way I can see Weidman winning is by sub off his back. thats it. In fact I would give Weidman more of a chance to beat Jones than I would him beating DC.

Will re-post this from another thread on the same topic:

This. Weidman is a very good fighter; deceptively good, actually. But Cormier's size, strength, and wrestling advantage cannot be understated in this hypothetical match up. Many people here believe Cormier is going to get inside Jones' reach and ragdoll him. Imagine if he could do that what he would do to Weidman who lack's Jones' leverage and ability to control distance.

I haven't seen them side by side, but surely dc is much bigger than the chris

DC has Dat Clinch game.
Which whoops most people's ass in the heavies.
I don't think a blown up 185'r will fair very well.

Nope. Cormier's wrasslin and boxing are too good.

This. Weidman is a very good fighter; deceptively good, actually. But Cormier's size, strength, and wrestling advantage cannot be understated in this hypothetical match up. Many people here believe Cormier is going to get inside Jones' reach and ragdoll him. Imagine if he could do that what he would do to Weidman who lack's Jones' leverage and ability to control distance.

Agree. I can definitely see Weidman beating the likes of Bader and Glover and Davis, possibly even I can see him maybe beating the level up from that, Gus and Rumble and Rashad. That's how good Weidman is. But DC? Not if they fought 100 times. No 185lbs fighter in history could beat Daniel Cormier, not unless a prime Anderson caught him with a Hail Mary killshot before DC was able to get his hands on him. Cormier's particular blend of strength and skills make him an impossible task for a naturally lighter, weaker man.

I think its fair fight in terms of size if its at 205. Weidman is a gigantic MW and hits hard.

I think Cormier would stuff his takedowns and beat him up standing. Hes more powerful and physically stronger and has great camp to prepare for a guy like Weidman.

If he wanted to, he could beat everyone at 205 including Jones. He'd also clean out most of heavyweight.

I'd take DC right now, might change my view depending on Saturday

If he wanted to, he could beat everyone at 205 including Jones. He'd also clean out most of heavyweight.

he is the mike tyson of MMA, able to take on guys much bigger than him

I like it but would rather see Weidman/Jones.

Anything can happen but on paper I'd say DC stops the Weed in the 4th or 5th. That man is just too powerful and too short. Good luck trying to take that down. That fight will take place wherever DC wants it. And while he doesn't berserk you on the ground like Cain, he's always improving his position and making his shots count. Cormier should at least earn a dominant decision him...

Back