Can we talk about Yan Cabral?

SuperSuperRambo

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Did anyone see his fight against David Mitchell on the UFC undercard? Everyone was talking about Palhares and Maia-Shields, but Cabral showed some awesome positional BJJ moves in his fight. And Mitchell is a BJJ-oriented fighter to begin with. Cabral has some nice moves on the ground, very much that Nova Uniao grappling style. Looking forward to seeing more of him if he can stay healthy.

Agree. I loved watching him battle with Mitchell in their fight. The way Araujo and Cabral used their BJJ yesterday impressed the hell out of me. Maybe they could fight in the near future, possibly giving us a great Jiu-jitsu battle.

i love the way he mounted over the butterly guard

he did it over and over again, very slick.

excellent display of how jiujitsu should be used in mma. nova uniao really is one of the best teams out there.

You weren't kidding, what a great fight!

Loved his aggressive grappling.

Yan Cabral is awesome! His jiu-jitsu is pretty damn good and he's a real friendly guy. Beast and super dedicated.

very good grappler. i got some nice footage of him rolling and talking about training in the gi

It was an awesome performance.

I loved when he had Mitchell's back standing, and tripped him down by practically stepping on Mitchell's foot rather than sweeping it.

I was somewhat surprised that he wasn't able to get the arm triangle from the back. I thought he was going to find it.

Striking and wrestling still need work, but he belongs in the UFC.

Yan has a very good arm triangle.

He tapped out Sakuraba with an armtriangle.

Very nice passing and all but he couldn't submit the guy and did almost no damage on the ground. You can pass guard 100 times in one round but it doesn't really make a difference unless you stop or damage your opponent. Especially if the guy is relaxed like Anderson Silva and you end up being more tired than him coming out for the second round.

Very nice passing and all but he couldn't submit the guy and did almost no damage on the ground. You can pass guard 100 times in one round but it doesn't really make a difference unless you stop or damage your opponent. Especially if the guy is relaxed like Anderson Silva and you end up being more tired than him coming out for the second round.

i think it makes a difference, it wins the fight. i know what you're saying, but positionally dominating your opponent en route to a unanimous decision victory sounds just fine to me.

i think it makes a difference, it wins the fight. i know what you're saying, but positionally dominating your opponent en route to a unanimous decision victory sounds just fine to me.

If it works out that way it's fine. But I hate seeing guys positionally dominate their opponent in the first round just to get knocked out by a fresher man in the second. That seems to happen a lot unfortunately.

well, he won the fight, he kept it on the ground, and did hid thing, bjjers dont need to finish all of their fights, they can control their opponents on the ground too, its a different control than wrestlers have, but is way nicer and achieves the same goal, winning the fight.

Back