Can we talk about how incredible Werdum's finish of Cain was?

As soon as Cain shot in Werdum had a huge smile and know he had him.
Werdum left Cain no choice but to go for the takedown, and then snared him.

Great display by the champ.

He was like: "Olac" :p

apocalypto-face-thumb.jpg

I mean they look the same:D

ZIoCEJC.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as Cain shot in Werdum had a huge smile and know he had him.
Werdum left Cain no choice but to go for the takedown, and then snared him.

Great display by the champ.

I know, it's awesome.....when you watch it in slow-mo you can kind of see Werdum's face light up when he realizes Cain is going for the takedown in a way that will perfectly set up the choke. By the time he actually hits the ground, it's a full on grin, he knows it's over.

[YT]CKI2wHixJl8[/YT]

best werdum tribute. I watched this everyday for a whole month after he beat cain. Werdum a really nice dude. Been a fan ever since the day he stunned the world with his win over fedor. He's a witty fighter and that HAPPY FACE!!!

If I remember correctly at that point in the fight Cain's corner was imploring him to get the takedown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKI2wHixJl8

best werdum tribute. I watched this everyday for a whole month after he beat cain. Werdum a really nice dude. Been a fan ever since the day he stunned the world with his win over fedor. He's a witty fighter and that HAPPY FACE!!!

That was another great display of his talents.
However I have to like the guy in spite of him handing Fedor his first loss.
With that being said I liked him before the Fedor fight and like him more than ever.

Think about the position he was in. Cain had his head against his rib cage and Werdum had his arm around Cain's neck. They fall to the ground and Cain taps shortly thereafter.

Now think about how many times in a fight you see both guys in the same position. The guy on top almost never chokes out the guy on bottom from that. It is attempted in almost every fight, and the odds of the guy with top position, and that headlock, turning it into a submission are very low.

The first time Werdum gets in that position, he pulls it off.....that's incredible.

You're gonna love watching Shamrock vs Severn. 😀

this is the best defensive bjj practitioner in the UFC. And by defensive bjj I mean off his back. No one can sub ppl like he can in such position. Nog had his great days also, but IMO he was not at the same lvl Werdum is. Nog lost to Werdum but it wasnt prime Nog, but still, I think Werdum would win anyway.

offensively, Jacare, followed by Maia.

Shields and Mir are worth mentioning but not at the level of those 3, at all.

Does anyone think Cain will get his belt back?

I do not, but I am interested in your opinions.

I think he has a good chance of it. He should learn not to fight for the title coming off long absences after 2 losses, that ring rust is real yo. Also the altitude couldn't have helped his gas tank coming off 2 years away from the cage. Werdum is great but the Cain we saw in Mexico was under too much pressure to perform for the home crowd. Give him a tune-up fight against say Browne or Overeem, then a title shot.

Not awesome to not include the gif

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

Goddamn, for me this is one of the best subs of the year already. Just because from the moment Cain went for the takedown and Werdum wrapped his arms around him, his smile... He knew it was over immediately. Great stuff.

I think you talked all about it for us.

Back