Can we talk about how incredible Werdum's finish of Cain was?

You know you are talking about a guy who has one of the best BJJ of the UFC, right?
I mean, Werdum is on par with Maia, Nog, Mir....
This is not surprising. This is expected IMHO!

I know you are giving Werdum a compliment but to say he is on par with Nog and Mir is insulting. He is a multiple time Adcc gold medalist and Bjj world champion. There is no comparison.

I'm a Cain fan, but I gotta admit he looked ridiculous fighting against Werdum. The way Werdum was punching Cain in his face like it was target practice and negating the clinch with the plum made the fight look comical. Werdum took his licks but fought economically. Cain's stock dropped no doubt. The first time Cain looked like he had no clue.

I was rooting for Werdum, but I'm honest about this shit: we can't discount a 2 year injury layoff, and insane altitude. Those are both huge factors, combined they are gigantic.

Of course, the latter is entirely Cain's fault, he should have come early and adjusted. The way Werdum, Pendred, and Alvarez did - the 3 best cardio performances on the entire card. It ain't a coincidence.

Not awesome to not include the gif

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

Werdum's grin is hilarious. He knew.

Sorry TS, still pretty salty about the whole thing.

Werdum beat the same Cain that JDS did the first time. It does not diminish his win in any way - Cain's the one that showed up like that - but when he's on he's the best in the world. I feel like Werdum could have put the best Cain to the test and we would have been treated to an epic HW title fight instead of the usual couple of guys swinging until one of them badly gasses thing HWs usually do.

I know you are giving Werdum a compliment but to say he is on par with Nog and Mir is insulting. He is a multiple time Adcc gold medalist and Bjj world champion. There is no comparison.

Depends on what you mean. Any of those 3 guys in their prime are probably capable of breaking each other's shit on a given night. They are the elite of jiujitsu in HW MMA.

You may think Werdum is the best, you might be right, but to say "there is no comparison" like it's a foregone conclusion is silly. Medals and belts and accolades are great, but they don't go into the cage with you. We've seen this lesson play out in MMA many times.

I was rooting for Werdum, but I'm honest about this shit: we can't discount a 2 year injury layoff, and insane altitude. Those are both huge factors, combined they are gigantic.

Of course, the latter is entirely Cain's fault, he should have come early and adjusted. The way Werdum, Pendred, and Alvarez did - the 3 best cardio performances on the entire card. It ain't a coincidence.

I don't think you've grappled a day in your life buddy. Trying your hardest to discount an arm in guillotine, which IS a ridiculously hard move to pull off in the 3rd round of a fight when both guys are covered in sweat.

Or the fact that Cain was known as one of the best grapplers in the world and hadn't ever been submitted before.

Werdum is unreal, and that submission was incredible. all excuses and dick riders aside.

Depends on what you mean. Any of those 3 guys in their prime are probably capable of breaking each other's shit on a given night. They are the elite of jiujitsu in HW MMA.

You may think Werdum is the best, you might be right, but to say "there is no comparison" like it's a foregone conclusion is silly. Medals and belts and accolades are great, but they don't go into the cage with you. We've seen this lesson play out in MMA many times.

You nervous about Arlovski? If Mir can land flush he might be able to KO him. Gonna be tough.

You nervous about Arlovski? If Mir can land flush he might be able to KO him. Gonna be tough.

I actually fucking love both of these guys, this matchup is tugging at some deep-rooted feels. I remember being disappointed when this fight was canceled 10 years ago. May the best man win.

I don't even know where to find gifs.....I know, it's pathetic.

i just google what im looking for, then add "gif" to the search.

It's not pathetic, I was fucking around with you. The fact that you can't post pics or gifs on forums probably means you have much more of a life than most sherdoggers.

Lmao that's not even Werdums best submission!

It looked pretty great though. The way he dismantled Cain on the feet is probably more impressive!!!

I actually fucking love both of these guys, this matchup is tugging at some deep-rooted feels. I remember being disappointed when this fight was canceled 10 years ago. May the best man win.

Yea man it's been a long time coming and it's kind of crazy they both train together, unless I'm missing something. Im gonna parlay Arlovski but depending on the odds Mir gets to win by KO, I might risk a few to see if he can pull off another W against the odds.

Werdum vs Mir should be a mandatory ground fight.

Yea man it's been a long time coming and it's kind of crazy they both train together, unless I'm missing something. Im gonna parlay Arlovski but depending on the odds Mir gets to win by KO, I might risk a few to see if he can pull off another W against the odds.

Werdum vs Mir should be a mandatory ground fight.

Speed favors Arlovski, power favors Mir, but mentality is everything, and these two are an unpredictable cocktail. I'd favor AA slightly from a numerical perspective, but a fight really isn't numerics. Gonna be goddamn epic either way that's for sure.

And yeah I'd love to see Mir vs. Werdum in Metamoris someday.

Cain chose his poison. He avoided KO loss.

Not awesome to not include the gif

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

held onto the sub way too long after cain tapped. get lauzon on it so we can see exactly how long. cain tapped at least 10 times and he still wouldn't let go at the end of that gif. strip his title and suspend him.

held onto the sub way too long after cain tapped. get lauzon on it so we can see exactly how long. cain tapped at least 10 times and he still wouldn't let go at the end of that gif. strip his title and suspend him.

it doesn't matter when your opponent taps, it's when the ref touches you.

Do you even UFC?

Back