Can we take a moment to ask ourselves, just how damn good is Khabib Nurmagomedov?

Would you say his foot was a balloon?
I tend to think that didnt play a factor in the fight, but he certainly wasnt as focused. Thats obvious

he was literally drinking the week of the fight, but you keep believing what you want. I'll just sit laugh as your hero ducks the next contender
these nuthuggers are a sad lot. This one hasn't recovered from bein a mayhem monkey.

Its a shame his fans are so terrible because he is an amazing fighter. I called Conor running thru everybody until he fought Khabib, and I thought he certainly would do that as he had insane belief. I was partly right, didn't pick the Diaz loss, but those two always seemed to breathe a different air than others and were fated to fight.

What I will say is I think the rematch will look alot differently, as if you are able to become a champ, nm a champ champ, you have to have insane work ethic and be able to fill in the holes where you are weak. The fact Conor instantaneously sprawled as a function of muscle memory and then started hammering shoulders, all with in just a few seconds, shows me that he has been practicing like a mad man in his off season. Khabib should win the rematch, but I don't totally discount a Conor win like I did before.
Sure all that could be true. He should just earn the fight is all.

Khabib makes everyone look like shit.

Here I'll save you time.

Hlh4Wgz.jpg
Lol, Ive been called a nut hugger but that is some funny stuff.

As far as Khabib making everyone look like S, I think that is also a function of the fact he has never fought a high level wrestler. Tibau had monster TDD and look what happened there. It is not surprising that Islam, Khabib lite, is also being steered away from good wrestlers like Kevin Lee.

Isn’t that the only way conor would win? He’s the striker vs the grappler. Think of the other examples provided. I honestly am a khabib fan, I just think it’s important to take a neutral view point[/QUOTE
Yes it is but I think khabibs striking is very underrated as is conors grappling. I just think looking at fighter A vs Fighter B Khabib is just too good for him and won’t get caught but just my opinion

Sure all that could be true. He should just earn the fight is all.
I agree.

Dana already said Conor is getting the next TS regardless, so in order to prevent any controversy, just have him fight Gaethje for #1 contender spot, schedule it shortly after K vs T and this way you have a replacement ready in the event K vs T falls apart AGAIN.

Lol, Ive been called a nut hugger but that is some funny stuff.

As far as Khabib making everyone look like S, I think that is also a function of the fact he has never fought a high level wrestler. Tibau had monster TDD and look what happened there. It is not surprising that Islam, Khabib lite, is also being steered away from good wrestlers like Kevin Lee.
No way. Fighter kevin lee needs to put a streak together to fight khabib. He hasn't earned a title shot yet. He keeps losing the pivotal fights that would get him there

No way. Fighter kevin lee needs to put a streak together to fight khabib. He hasn't earned a title shot yet. He keeps losing the pivotal fights that would get him there
Nah, im not talking about Fighter Kevin Lee (not the Korean Chef, just to be clear and avoid confusion) fighting Islam and how Islam is apparently ducking him. Khabib has 28 fights under his belt and has never fought a high level wrestler in all of them. Isn't that a bit strange to some people? GSP, Aldo, Jones, DC, Might Mouse, Cruz, Bobby Knuckles, even Conor, all the top fighters have fought high level wrestlers, but not Khabib. Khabib also told us "if you want to beat me, learn to wrestle", so he knows as well as us but Ali has been guiding him thru a smooth rode and stylistically pleasing match ups.

thats cos he sat on the fucking things for 2 years, didnt defend once.... what a champ...

Strip , Strip
he stripped him before 2 years. Before that Conor was almost as active as Cowboy. If anyone deserved a break it was him. Khabib on the other hand fought barely more than once a year for the last 5 years

To be fair some of the most decisive fights in ufc history ran back came out totally different.
JDS VS Cain
Stipe VS DC

Of course other times it ends exactly the same

I think the key difference here is Khabibs undefeated.
It took Gus about 5 years before he could get his rematch with Bones.
Chael had to knock off Bisping and Stann before he could get a rematch with Spider.
Neither of those were as decisive as Khabib over Conor

Nah, im not talking about Fighter Kevin Lee (not the Korean Chef, just to be clear and avoid confusion) fighting Islam and how Islam is apparently ducking him. Khabib has 28 fights under his belt and has never fought a high level wrestler in all of them. Isn't that a bit strange to some people? GSP, Aldo, Jones, DC, Might Mouse, Cruz, Bobby Knuckles, even Conor, all the top fighters have fought high level wrestlers, but not Khabib. Khabib also told us "if you want to beat me, learn to wrestle", so he knows as well as us but Ali has been guiding him thru a smooth rode and stylistically pleasing match ups.
Not strange at all,they are just not alot of guys. Plus he keeps winning and they don't

Khabib faced wrestlers in his early fights in UFC, like Shalorus, Trujillo, Hailey, also Jiu Jitsu black belts like Tavares, Dos Anjos and Tibau.

... i mean... uh... why ask... with a career like his, it will only make sense in retrospect.

his next two fights determine legacy, imo
So how does a rematch with McGregor do anything for his legacy? Being that he clearly beat and finished McGregor in their first fight, and McGregor does not have a win record at LW in the UFC, nor has McGregor ever defended a title he won. Not to mention the fact that McGregor has not won a fight at LW in years. If his next two fights are "legacy fights", then how is possibly beating Ferguson and then say GSP, not better then possibly beating Ferguson and then McGregor in a rematch? Then who is to say right now that McGregor hasn't lost a fight by the later part of the year? Which would be when that potential rematch with Khabib would take place. Now do not get me wrong, if McGregor actually fights and wins at 155 against Gaethje, then either Islam or Nate, and then rematches Dustin, then I would love to see him rematch Khabib. As he would have earned it and beat the correct guys along the way.

Back