Can we stop with Pena on the main card please?

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
dude is nothing but a huge weight cut and a silly gimmick. Meanwhile, ranked fighters were on the prelims. Enough.

As soon as WMMA is taken off the main card, since we are complaining about silly gimmicks.

That was a main card worthy fight, and I thought he got robbed.

He's the same heights as Vick, you want him to go to WW and get wrecked too?
His fight wasn't bad anyway.

wizardross.jpg

I find myself rooting against Pena whenever I see him fight. I agree, seems like he cuts massive weight to fight smaller guys. Would love to see him fight at WW just to see him get KTFO by someone his own size.

Vera has won 5 in a row now. Put him on a main card

I find myself rooting against Pena whenever I see him fight. I agree, seems like he cuts massive weight to fight smaller guys. Would love to see him fight at WW just to see him get KTFO by someone his own size.

agreed. kinda glad he got robbed too.

I don't like the guy but that fight was good.

He ain’t get robbed. He won ONE round domination and the other 2 he lost

dude is nothing but a huge weight cut and a silly gimmick. Meanwhile, ranked fighters were on the prelims. Enough.

Why do Sherbros think weight cutting is a bitch move for tall guys but not for regular or below average ones? I don't see Romero or Costa getting much shit for draining themselves.

What evidence is there that extreme weight cutting gives a performance advantage? Some guys are naturally lanky and if you're a professional fighting for money you should take every advantage you can get. Can you make a good case that a long reach & a slender build is optimal for mma? Most of these lanky guys aren't super quick and there's very few fighters that have had success with the Pena strategy. Zabit is the best of the crop right now. You could maybe say Izzy & Jones although they aren't big cutters.

Reach and/or height does not necessarily equate to good range control, which requires footwork and technique as well.

Weight cut ducker.

But with that main event pena is the one you're complaining about. Wmma should be axed from the ufc and everyone knows it.

Rankings don't matter

They need to NOT put Ya Boi on the main cards. His stand up sucks a bag of dicks. Terrible technique, slow, telegraphed, heavy footed, plods forward. He’s the same fighter as he is when he debuted. Hasn’t improved anything.

Back