Can we stop overrating Kevin Lee now?

Lee doesn't even deserve to step foot in same cage as Khabib and never will.

Generic american wrestler with no cardio and garbage striking and fight iq. A dime a dozen.
I wouldn't say that. He would.run thru Conor. Styles make fights though

Man I wish Barboza would have knocked him out with that shot...

GrossFondEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

don't we all...

Al fucked him up in the 4th and 5th round. The fact Kevin Lee thinks he won the fight against Al is funny. Round 1 could have gone either way, Lee probably won round 2, Al dominated Round 4 and I feel like round 5 should have been in a 10-8 because Lee got stalked and pieced the fuck up the entire round and clearly wobbled twice.

Lee is a decent fighter but I'd say on the tail end of of a Top 10 talent.

Maybe. Conor has pretty good takedown defense and power. Lee gets tagged often... I know I know, we said that about Khabib too. Lee is no Khabib.

Lol Lee is a beast, sto this overated talk only because a man lose

Lee doesn't even deserve to step foot in same cage as Khabib and never will.

Generic american wrestler with no cardio and garbage striking and fight iq. A dime a dozen.
his wrestling involves a lot of him using brute strength and the physical advantages he has over his opponents. al even said the same at his post fight scrum - he said he felt he was the better wrester but lee got a few takedowns out of strength. wrestling wise hes nothing special, the ufc has had plenty of better wrestlers with better amateur pedigrees and some without (GSP). their are guys with better wrestling right now who dont get the hype in that regard that kevin lee does.

i have no clue where the amazing wrestler stuff came from

Whenever I asked these people claiming Kevin Lee would beat Khabib, to state where Kevin Lee is better than Khabib, I didn't get a single convincing answer.

Lee has:
Inferior wrestling
Inferior chin
Inferior cardio
Pretty bad standup defense
Inferior standup
Inferior fight IQ
Inferior heart
Inferior BJJ
Less power in hands

Like there is not a single thing he does better than Khabib yet somehow he is the one to beat Khabib?
I think many just wanted to see Khabib vs a good wrestler, as the closest thing he fought to one was Trujillo and Kamal Shalarous.

One thing Lee is better at seems to be back takes, body triangles and athletic explosiveness (which seems to work against him too in the cardio dep't). Khabib almost certainly beats him badly, but round one would be interesting.

He wouldn't. Conor could use the strategy he used against Khabib on Lee and it would have been a lot more effective. It was pure naivety for Conor's camp to think he could beat Khabib in an endurance battle, but things are different with Lee. Once Conor gets Lee slowed down in the latter rounds he'll become a sitting duck, unlike Khabib. Just look at what Al did.

I think many just wanted to see Khabib vs a good wrestler, as the closest thing he fought to one was Trujillo and Kamal Shalarous.

One thing Lee is better at seems to be back takes, body triangles and athletic explosiveness (which seems to work against him too in the cardio dep't). Khabib almost certainly beats him badly, but round one would be interesting.
al is a solid wrestler, as shown in both fights with lee and khabib. his next fight will be with tony hopefully who will present a challenge in terms of his guard and activity and willingness to make the fight a bloody war. then i think gaethje also is a nice challenge for khabib if gaethjes takedown defense is as solid as whats rumored/supposed to be. gaethje has a NCAA pedigree and is very overwhelming on the feet. interesting fight for sure

Kevin Lee needs to change up his game. He has distinct wrestling and kickboxing phases without blending it well. In his grappling, he moves directly to backmount rather easily but he probably never has any training partners that resist him as hard as Al in that position. Al had a gameplan and they certainly tried to work on some MMA aspects like the half hearted takedown then striking immediately

He wouldn't. Conor could use the strategy he used against Khabib on Lee and it would have been a lot more effective. It was pure naivety for Conor's camp to think he could beat Khabib in an endurance battle, but things are different with Lee. Once Conor gets Lee slowed down in the latter rounds he'll become a sitting duck, unlike Khabib. Just look at what Al did.
Conor has a worse gas tank then Lee. I see Lee fighting Conor the same way be bullied Edson. Conor has a punchers chance in any fight though

Classic sherdog, fighter loses And hes overrated.

Lee is still very young And elite already. Al was the better man last night and is an amazing fighter himself.

Lee Will keep on improving And may get that belt eventually.

al is a solid wrestler, as shown in both fights with lee and khabib. his next fight will be with tony hopefully who will present a challenge in terms of his guard and activity and willingness to make the fight a bloody war. then i think gaethje also is a nice challenge for khabib if gaethjes takedown defense is as solid as whats rumored/supposed to be. gaethje has a NCAA pedigree and is very overwhelming on the feet. interesting fight for sure
Al still got very out wrestled by Lee tho, and the clear gap was shown even tho his TDD is very good.

I think people want to see Khabib vs a guy that is not a community college wrestler like Al, but instead an elite one, or even someone like GSP who is a dominant MMA wrestler.

Gaethje could certainly be a fun stylistic fight but it's doubtful out ever happens. I think Khabib only wants the real big fights now.

Lee is still a great fighter. Clearly deserving of the top 5. But if by 'overrated', you mean 'not on Khabib's level', then yeah. But this was always obvious to most (?) people.
Who has he beaten to deserve a top 5 spot?

Man I wish Barboza would have knocked him out with that shot...

GrossFondEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif
Dude if he went for a flying knee that shit would have connected and put his ass out. Poor fight IQ by barboza as hes fighting a wrestler and hurt him so he should have known 100% he was gonna shoot in

Whenever I asked these people claiming Kevin Lee would beat Khabib, to state where Kevin Lee is better than Khabib, I didn't get a single convincing answer.

Lee has:
Inferior wrestling
Inferior chin
Inferior cardio
Pretty bad standup defense
Inferior standup
Inferior fight IQ
Inferior heart
Inferior BJJ
Less power in hands

Like there is not a single thing he does better than Khabib yet somehow he is the one to beat Khabib?
Lee sucks but i think i know one place he is better than Khabib, kicks. I mean it's something lol.

Lee is still a great fighter. Clearly deserving of the top 5. But if by 'overrated', you mean 'not on Khabib's level', then yeah. But this was always obvious to most (?) people.
Clearly deserving of top 5?

Some Sherdoggers are really weird about who they back. I can understand backing fighters that never lose. Even if they cheat like fuck to keep winning. But how do you back shit talkers, roiders, weight cheaters, and generally low fighters when they can’t even win?

Back