Can we stop making conclusions about a 13 second fight? + Who should Conor fight next?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Conor won by Flash KO, there is no discrediting his win. Aldo got Flash Ko'd before he could do anything. The only thing that we can deduct from this is that Conor has KO power and accuracy. Other then that it didn't really tell who has overall better skills, but it doesn't really matter if Aldo is more complete, he lost. Completeness means nothing next to results. Skillsets are important, but in chaotic environment of a fight anything can happen. I would love to see a rematch, but they will never meet again unless Aldo moves up. Conor shouldn't be fighting at 145 anyways, its really unsafe for him to do so. He looked so much healthier at 155.

Anyways, there has been a lot of talk about his next match-up. We have recently learned that there is a possibility that he will fight Khabib next, but I wouldn't write anything in stone. With all the debacle about Conor possibly taking a break, the indecisiveness of the UFC to declare who gets him next, I would not be surprised if at the very least, something about the decision will change.

So for right now, we have Tony Ferguson, which would be a great fight, but I don't think Tony has the name recognition that Conor wants. Khabib is building up his name and he definitely has fans now, so he would be a better sell. I don't see Conor going up to 170 to fight Tyron. I don't think it would be biggest fight despite the title ramifications. Plus its a very tough tough fight for Conor. Tyron is just as fast, way bigger, way stronger, and would be more durable then any of Conors current match-ups. I really hope so that he doesn't clog up the divisions anymore. Stay at 155 Conor and rack up some title defenses if you really want to be the goat. There is a clear clear reason that the 155 pound title has never defended more then 3 times, its because it is the most deep division in the sport. Not even a Conor fan, but if he could beat Khabib, Ferguson, and an Aldo rematch, it would be hard not to call him the best ever. That is a big fucking IF though.

Against who and where do you want to see Conor next?

Someone who can give him a real challenge like Tyron Woodley but not Aldo again. He might break his own record and get KO'ed even faster a second time.

Ferguson vs Khabib is going to happen then we will know who is Conor fighting.

I would like both fights just as much, though. The build up for the fights would be great as both Khabib and Ferguson has been talking shit for a long time now too, and the fights would be exciting.

That's not true. Conor set up Aldo with his footwork and positioning and countered his strike beautifully.

"The only thing that we can deduct from this is that Conor has KO power and accuracy."

I agree, but you forgot that part.

Forgot about Diaz 3. Yeah that one too.

If you're going to give Jose a rematch I think it's only fair that Eddie Alvarez gets a rematch too. Eddie didn't look like himself in that fight and I think a lot of fans would be interested in a rematch.

They could make it on the Ireland card next year and then have Conor face the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson

There was no flash. He would have died if the ref hadn't saved him

can you stop using "we" and "us", lumping others in to your own misunderstandings?

some of us are capable of original thought.

Conor Khabib is a worry for a Conor fan. Bad matchup which i think Conor should avoid

If your new girlfriend was telling you her ex only lasted 13seconds would you be willing to believe it? Exactly, while belief is subjective performance is performance....

can you stop using "we" and "us", lumping others in to your own misunderstandings?

some of us are capable of original thought.
tells someone to stop using words like "we" and "us", then uses us in the reply haha, the hypocrisy is strong

tells someone to stop using words like "we" and "us", then uses us in the reply haha, the hypocrisy is strong

It's not hypocrisy at all. There's a mountain of difference between using an inclusive us and using some of us, to refer to himself and generously extending his meaning to a few others.

Conor won by Flash KO, there is no discrediting his win.

Mcgregor predicted the stoppage, that Aldo would over extend, and that he would catch him. I agree with Mcgregor on feeling for the former champ (regardless of paper titles) and that he deserved to go longer. I think it would go longer next time but, I still think it ends the same. Aldo has not finished anybody in recent years beyond Mendes. It was a flash KO. Aldo kind of Mayweathers his way to boring decision. Mcgregor flat lines him again. Point well made though

Fergie/Khabups or Aldo in this order.

Nate deserves that extra Pay day but he is in NO PLACE to get to fight with Connie at LW right now.
Fuck that noise!

Back