Can we stop Herb Dean from reffing any championship fight again?

Peregrine01

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who the hell lets the FIFTH round of the most hyped championship fight in recent memory end up in a hug-fest when the outcome was still very much in the balance?? There were full MINUTES of uninterrupted hugging and inaction.

Fricking tired of seeing this guy reffing big fights.

dan mirgliotta would have been an awesome ref for this fight

There was a solid minute or 2 of inactivity in both rounds which should have been stopped.

I was cheering for DC but I see nothing wrong with HD's judging. They're wrestlers, let them ram.

Mazzagati would have dominated the Reffing in that fight. He would have took charge.

There was a solid minute or 2 of inactivity in both rounds which should have been stopped.

I was looking blankly at the screen thinking that he'd do something only to see him dumbly look at jones's wrist control.

There was not a single breakup in the fight. Out of 25 minutes I'm guessing a healthy 8 were inactive hugging.

Herb Dean has been a joke of a ref for a long time. A lot of Zuffa zombies think he's good cause Dana said so but the reality is he has made a ton of big mistakes and ALWAYS lets fighters stall too long.

It was bad at times. Should have broken it up.

The first 3 rounds were very exciting. I don't know what Herb was thinking in the 5th. That was a real letdown after how they came out 1-3, and not just because they were tired.
Seriously, everything else aside.... that was a great bout up until it froze in place.

Herb Dean has been a joke of a ref for a long time. A lot of Zuffa zombies think he's good cause Dana said so but the reality is he has made a ton of big mistakes and ALWAYS lets fighters stall too long.

He has screwed up more fights than any other ref I could remember.

Who the hell lets the FIFTH round of the most hyped championship fight in recent memory end up in a hug-fest when the outcome was still very much in the balance?? There were full MINUTES of uninterrupted hugging and inaction.

Fricking tired of seeing this guy reffing big fights.

This. I know being "active" is a subjective term but out of the entire 5th round I feel like close to 4 minutes was both guys stalling against the cage.

This. I know being "active" is a subjective term but out of the entire 5th round I feel like close to 4 minutes was both guys stalling against the cage.

I yearned for yuji shamada showing up with yellow cards

Mazzagati would have dominated the Reffing in that fight. He would have took charge.

Mazz would've broken it up just as Jon was taking DC's back or as DC was lifting Jon up for that takedown

It was still on DC to brake loose. But yes, they were hugging for too long.

Back