Can we let FOX Paige/Sage be a lesson?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RedRover, Dec 17, 2016.

1. RedRover

RedRover Orange Belt

WME-IMG - take note, and let the pendulum swing back in the direction of merit instead of trying to hype fighters for something other than fighting.

Platinum- Everyone knew the guy was a brawler who was very hittable(and chinny), exciting? sure. but not the future of the division, this isn't 2005.

Sage - we all knew he was totally underdeveloped on the ground, and his standing game could use lots of defensive shoring up. (AKA he wasn't ready for the UFC)

Paige - the women's divisions are shallow and 12guage is athletic and gritty enough to beat some girls. When up against a girl who trains at jackson-wink she got demolished. Karate Hottie's face looked great in her post fight, don't even think she got hit.

...so it failed again:

Let's move back to a skill, results based meritocracy.
    Let's move away from the image/hype style 'smoke and mirrors' promotion.

2. touchedbyjab

touchedbyjab Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Urijahs chin looks like an asshole.

Concrete Whale likes this.
  3. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

No, it looks like a buttcrack, but there's no anus.

touchedbyjab likes this.
  4. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

[​IMG]

5. Polish Machine

Polish Machine ...

I thought tonight's event was great.

Irishwhiskey119 likes this.
  6. JasonTodd

JasonTodd Purple Belt

If it got good ratings, then it's a win for them. However, you're too hardcore to understand that common sense.

7. Irishwhiskey119

Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

I'm with you but this is what we have to work with. MOST MMA fans are really fucking stupid and the people control want money and listen to what the majority want. The fight purists are going to have deal with a lot of shitty shit.

8. Koscheck24

Koscheck24 Orange Belt

I think that this is still a win for the UFC. Jouban is a former model and will appeal to casuals, Perry is a criminal with a camp full of douche bags. Sage fought another up and coming young gun with more personality and that has a win over a name, so they can just keep hyping Gall. Waterson is very attractive and skilled, so she just made her name with the casuals. I don't see it as a loss for the UFC. PVZ and Sage are both incredibly young so they will still have a following while nobody besides teenage trolls and neck beards on sherdog gave a shit about Perry.

Nihongi, fatlipjesus and tenniswhiz like this.
  9. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Look man, I have Faber blown up to 12 by 6 foot on my bathroom wall. I probably know his face better than he does. I can say with absolute certainty that there is no asshole on that chin.

touchedbyjab and Jin Akutsu like this.
  10. jase0910

jase0910 Purple Belt

Blonde, empty-eyed, perpetually smiling Stepford Millennials are what the masses want. Too bad they can't fight.

11. gevoudane

gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

They dont market their young fighters people get mad. They market their young fighters people get mad. I think they are doing it ok. You have them fight ealier in their career that way you can still try and get both prospects in to the top. Winner gets pushed faster, loser has to earn his/her way back. If you wait until they are bvoth number 1 and 2 contenders. The loser is stuck in limbo.

12. RedRover

RedRover Orange Belt

I know hindsight is 20/20 but imagine 2 high level fighters like cub swanson and do hoo choi on FOX.
    I guess i'm not an exclusionary hardcore fan, I just want people to see high level fighting and fall in love with THAT.
    If we want casuals to like our sport we have to give them a taste of the best in the game; granted Uriah and one punch aren't too far off, but they definitely aren't top echelon at 37/38 yrs RESPECTFULLY.
    Remember the 1st fight of the FOX deal? ... Cain vs JDS for the HW belt.
    They should give us a wonderboy / woodley 2, something like that. I totally understand wanting to build, there's plenty of room on the card to build stars but give a taste of top level MMA to the customer for free instead of hype trains that will just leave a bad taste in the viewers mouth after getting interested in a fighter just to see them lose.

13. Rubberchin

Rubberchin Red Belt

All sports, especially combat sports, are in the business of trying to find stars. That will never change nor should it. And it benefits all fighters when they find one.

14. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

The UFC hype machine will thoroughly erase any evidence of today's losses of Sage & Paige.

15. touchedbyjab

touchedbyjab Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I stand corrected. Your in depth knowledge of Urijah's exquisit buttchin is impressive. I will defer to you from here on out when Faber's asshole-less asschin is the topic of discussion. I tip my fedora to you m'lady.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.