Can we just sign Ben Askren and tell people its CM Punk?

Askren could be Punk's stunt double. Punk will do all the promotion, even walk to the cage, and do post fight interviews. The man in the action scenes will always be Askren. Make a trap door somewhere in the Octagon floor to quickly switch them.

Guys I figured it out.

Everybody from WWE is interested in seeing CM Punk competing in a new venue, unfortunately Punk is a "grappler" with a white belt in BJJ and his striking leaves much to be desired.

So signing him to a big money deal and watching him get executed within 60 seconds helps no one. Meanwhile, Ben Askren utterly dominates in the boondock leagues and can't get signed cuz no one knows who he is...and no one knows who he is because he can't get signed, trapping him in an interdimensional paradox that Matthew McConaughey would fear.

So here's what we do. Punk gets signed, then the week of the first fight he unfortunately "breaks his nose" but says he will power through this, but is "required to compete" with one of those protective masks. (the NSAC obviously will be cut in on dose million$)

Fighting under this mask will actually be Ben Askren. People are shocked at the level of skill Punk displays in his debut, and he simply modestly laughs it off and chalks it up to Duke Roufus "showing him a few things."

From this point on, Punk will continue to do 100% of the press and interviews, using his mic skills, notoriety and charisma, while Askren will be paid to "play the part" of CM Punk in the ring. Given that wrestling fans couldn't care less about their shows being booked as long as they get a good show, they will heartily approve, while MMA fans will be happy to see Askren able to compete.

...and this is the best thread I can start 2 AM.

Ahhh yes the cute stereotype of pro-wrestling fans.

The majority are giving CM Punk shit for what he is doing and many pro-wrestling fans want to see him get his ass kicked.

CM Punk is a former WWE champion, like he needs some 2nd-rate organization fighter posing as him.

CM Punk via Anaconda Vice in the 1st minute of round 1.

Championship Material Punk wins.............flawless victory!

cenatitlenoc.jpg

He should matter. He would easily be top 5 WW in the UFC but since Dana personally doesn't like him he won't allow him in. Dana's making the UFC look shittier with his personal problems, which should never be the case. It disgusts me.

who are his best wins?

Brock and Punk will form a stable with the RoufusSport team, take over the UFC and bring in whomever they want. Askren will spray-paint the belt after stealing it from Robbie.

who are his best wins?

His best wins wait in the UFC after Dana swallows a tiny bit of his insane pride and recognizes talent and won't shit on UFC's legacy as a place where the best fighters are supposed to be at. UFC signs a shit ton of bums and cans who will never fight anyone that matters and kicks top 10 guys out cause their fighting styles aren't exactly throwing haymakers with closed eyes hoping for a KO. AND UFC won't let a guy in who would have a chance in the title pictures cause Dana White doesn't like him.

Don't you see anything even remotely stupid in all this?

His feud with Dana started by Askren mentioning drug testing. Dana came back with personal attacks so Askren responded. Also Askren has observed trash talking has gotting other people places.

Good for Askren. He's gotten places- the UFC's shitlist, and that area on sherdog where no one cares for more than 3 pages.

His best wins wait in the UFC after Dana swallows a tiny bit of his insane pride and recognizes talent and won't shit on UFC's legacy as a place where the best fighters are supposed to be at. UFC signs a shit ton of bums and cans who will never fight anyone that matters and kicks top 10 guys out cause their fighting styles aren't exactly throwing haymakers with closed eyes hoping for a KO. AND UFC won't let a guy in who would have a chance in the title pictures cause Dana White doesn't like him.

Don't you see anything even remotely stupid in all this?

Yes i do see something stupid in this.

1) A guy who apparently has no good wins (you couldnt name one) is believed a top 5 WW.

2) You say the UFC has a "ton of bums", but complain they are tarnishing their pristine legacy as the greatest place ever. Which is it? clearly their legacy isnt that glorious with all the bums. Only when it suits your needs is there this legacy BS that they have to protect :rolleyes:

And how does not signing a guy with "no good wins" tarnish anything? (except in the minds of delusional fans).

3) If ben askren cant get wins that matter outside of the UFC then he isnt relevant. period. Him not being there is no loss. He can go have a pity party with antonio mckee

Good for Askren. He's gotten places- the UFC's shitlist, and that area on sherdog where no one cares for more than 3 pages.

Yeah, thanks Dana for trying your best to kill the integrity of MMA.

Yes i do see something stupid in this.

1) A guy who apparently has no good wins (you couldnt name one) is believed a top 5 WW.

2) You say the UFC has a "ton of bums", but complain they are tarnishing their pristine legacy as the greatest place ever. Which is it? clearly their legacy isnt that glorious with all the bums. Only when it suits your needs is there this legacy BS that they have to protect :rolleyes:

And how does not signing a guy with "no good wins" tarnish anything? (except in the minds of delusional fans).

3) If ben askren cant get wins that matter outside of the UFC then he isnt relevant. period. Him not being there is no loss. He can go have a pity party with antonio mckee

1) Where is he supposed to get the so called good wins? He rules an organization. There's no equal to him in there.

2) There may be a language barrier here, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. I thought it was clear the signing of bums and kicking top 10 guys out is part of the whole UFC nonsense topic I was writing about - which also has to do with the 'legacy BS' as you for some reason called it, as if UFC hasn't stated that they do think about that said legacy.

3) Look part 1

1) Where is he supposed to get the so called good wins? He rules an organization. There's no equal to him in there.

I dont know but fighting in the Philippines or wherever the hell he is, is the opposite direction of finding good wins. If he wants to be relevant, he should actively looking for like a Fitch/Palhares type match, not hanging out in cambodia, beating up taxi drivers.

2) There may be a language barrier here, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. I thought it was clear the signing of bums and kicking top 10 guys out is part of the whole UFC nonsense topic I was writing about - which also has to do with the 'legacy BS' as you for some reason called it, as if UFC hasn't stated that they do think about that said legacy.

3) Look part 1

Theres not a language barrier. The UFC has no legacy it has to protect. It takes all kinds. and the ones who last, last.

Yeah, thanks Dana for trying your best to kill the integrity of MMA.

problem is no one knows who the guy is, but he wants to be paid like a star.

Alright. We came to a conclusion here then. I agree with 1 and see 2 a bit different but let's deal with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back