Can we just sign Ben Askren and tell people its CM Punk?

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Guys I figured it out.

Everybody from WWE is interested in seeing CM Punk competing in a new venue, unfortunately Punk is a "grappler" with a white belt in BJJ and his striking leaves much to be desired.

So signing him to a big money deal and watching him get executed within 60 seconds helps no one. Meanwhile, Ben Askren utterly dominates in the boondock leagues and can't get signed cuz no one knows who he is...and no one knows who he is because he can't get signed, trapping him in an interdimensional paradox that Matthew McConaughey would fear.

So here's what we do. Punk gets signed, then the week of the first fight he unfortunately "breaks his nose" but says he will power through this, but is "required to compete" with one of those protective masks. (the NSAC obviously will be cut in on dose million$)

Fighting under this mask will actually be Ben Askren. People are shocked at the level of skill Punk displays in his debut, and he simply modestly laughs it off and chalks it up to Duke Roufus "showing him a few things."

From this point on, Punk will continue to do 100% of the press and interviews, using his mic skills, notoriety and charisma, while Askren will be paid to "play the part" of CM Punk in the ring. Given that wrestling fans couldn't care less about their shows being booked as long as they get a good show, they will heartily approve, while MMA fans will be happy to see Askren able to compete.

...and this is the best thread I can start 2 AM.

Askren wins, and drops the belt to Punk via finger poke of doom.

I would love to see Askren in the UFC.

Askren isn't very likable.

dead-horse.gif

Yeah, Askren is looking better and better.

"From that point on" ...

How long is Punk's nose supposed to stay broken?

The afro will expose it's Askren. No mask can hold that beast of a hair.

then he's deliberately behaving like an idiot with professional matters?

hmmm

His feud with Dana started by Askren mentioning drug testing. Dana came back with personal attacks so Askren responded. Also Askren has observed trash talking has gotting other people places.

can we just shut up about ben askren. he doesnt matter

can we just shut up about ben askren. he doesnt matter

He should matter. He would easily be top 5 WW in the UFC but since Dana personally doesn't like him he won't allow him in. Dana's making the UFC look shittier with his personal problems, which should never be the case. It disgusts me.

Back