Can we just disqualify both of them

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
That was not UFC level at all. So sloppy.

Commentators were calling Elias Theodorou's kicks unorthodox. I just thought they were unorthodox because they were slow.

That was not UFC level at all. So sloppy.
Agreed, you never see such BS at the UFC level. Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry, Matt Riddle walking forward throwing 1 2s at the air like a child playing "I'm just punching the air, if you happen to walk into them that's your own fault" with his little brother. Houston Alexander vs Kimbo, Francis vs Lewis, Crocop vs Mir and countless other examples of fights way worse than this one at "the UFC level".

Yeah, Elias is a very poor striker who seems to distract from that fact by being in constant motion creating an illusion of activity and pressure and this like all his fights was pretty boring but Derrick is a top 10 ranked UFC middleweight with some solid wins.

Basically my long winded point here is that " UFC caliber" is a myth and there are several fighters on the roster that would get beat outside the UFC too but if you want to put on 20 or 30 shows a year you require a large stable of fighters so sometimes shit like this happens.

Agreed, you never see such BS at the UFC level. Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry, Matt Riddle walking forward throwing 1 2s at the air like a child playing "I'm just punching the air, if you happen to walk into them that's your own fault" with his little brother. Houston Alexander vs Kimbo, Francis vs Lewis, Crocop vs Mir and countless other examples of fights way worse than this one at "the UFC level".

Yeah, Elias is a very poor striker who seems to distract from that fact by being in constant motion creating an illusion of activity and pressure and this like all his fights was pretty boring but Derrick is a top 10 ranked UFC middleweight with some solid wins.

Basically my long winded point here is that " UFC caliber" is a myth and there are several fighters on the roster that would get beat outside the UFC too but if you want to put on 20 or 30 shows a year you require a large stable of fighters so sometimes shit like this happens.
Every time theoboreo fights its said he is not UFC caliber.

The guy throws kicks to not get hit. That is his only reason for it. I would venture to guess he also has the most kicks missed in the UFC.

I would really like to know who thought it was a good idea to put one of the most risk averse fighters on the roster in the co main spot, I like Elias as a person but as a fighter, his style frustrates me

Every time theoboreo fights its said he is not UFC caliber.

The guy throws kicks to not get hit. That is his only reason for it. I would venture to guess he also has the most kicks missed in the UFC.
Yeah but my point is that "UFC Caliber" is a myth although I agree Elias isn't a good striker at all and his slow sloppy strikes are thrown for the reason you stated couple with the bouncing around and punching at air to appear to be the aggressor.

However if you've been around long enough you may recall a time when the Strikeforce fighters were also not "UFC Caliber" or the WEC LWs or Gathge as WSOF champion, Alverez as a Bellator champion among many others that were going to get "exposed" and "destroyed" when they came over to the UFC only to go on to set UFC win records (Cowboy) or win UFC titles as many of those guys did.

Basically what I'm somewhat drunkenly trying to say is that the term "UFC Caliber" is an over used and largely inaccurate statement that has been disproven on countless occasions.

It’s amazing that Elias has won fights in the UFC.

Yeah but my point is that "UFC Caliber" is a myth although I agree Elias isn't a good striker at all and his slow sloppy strikes are thrown for the reason you stated couple with the bouncing around and punching at air to appear to be the aggressor.

However if you've been around long enough you may recall a time when the Strikeforce fighters were also not "UFC Caliber" or the WEC LWs or Gathge as WSOF champion, Alverez as a Bellator champion among many others that were going to get "exposed" and "destroyed" when they came over to the UFC only to go on to set UFC win records (Cowboy) or win UFC titles as many of those guys did.

Basically what I'm somewhat drunkenly trying to say is that the term "UFC Caliber" is an over used and largely inaccurate statement that has been disproven on countless occasions.
Understood and agreed.

These guys come from some where. Everyone was not "UFC caliber" before they were. But many of those you stated, shit damn near all you stated were weeded out.

Understood and agreed.

These guys come from some where. Everyone was not "UFC caliber" before they were. But many of those you stated, shit damn near all you stated were weeded out.
How so? The Strikforce guys have multiple belts between them (DC, Rockhold, Robbie, Woodley off the top of my head as do the WEC guys (Hendrix, Pettis, Henderson) and Alverez also won a title before leaving of his own accord.

Yeah some of the aged out or took some loses and got cut like everyone else but many of them are still among the top of there divisions to this day.

I maybe misinterpreting you though and am kind of fucked up at the moment in which case I apologise.

I’m being a little conservative here....90% of Sherdog takes Elias in a fight..

Elias is quite the talent. Still young in the game but so technically sound. Bright future ahead of him for sure.

Commentators were calling Elias Theodorou's kicks unorthodox. I just thought they were unorthodox because they were slow.
Yeah but they're paid to make anything sound quality aren't they

They say that because “holy shitballs, this guy is terrible!” probably wouldn’t go over too well.

Well, props to Bisping for trying hard to make it sound legit and not go "fuck that - you know what, this fight is shit. It's fucking shit".

Nah, Elias would flog us all and take all of our girlfriends.

If I could get a girlfriend. . .
<2>

Of course we would do what seven of his ‘UFC caliber’ opponents couldn’t. Terrible and terrible to watch are two different things. The guy’s boring as fuck, but he somehow gets the job done more often than not.

Imagine being Canadian on a Canadian card, and still getting booed by the crowd.

Back