Can we just acknowledge that the UFC is more closely related to WWE than any legit sport?

Pro wrestling fans are aware that what they're watching is rigged and they know the ins and outs of the politics backstage. Most MMA fans don't, and they get worked easily. MMA fans are more likely to fall for a hype job than pro wrestling fans are.

Pro wrestling is for smart marks who like to feel like they're being worked but aren't. MMA is for regular marks who just get worked and think they're watching something legit.

People have admitted this for years...

WWE books their matches based on who or what will draw the most money. The UFC is no different; they almost never award shots to those who 'deserve' them the most, but rather who will bring in the most eyeballs. About the only time the right people are given title shots is when there isn't a bigger, more marquee match to book (which thankfully there isn't most of the time, since fighters that draw huge PPV numbers are at a premium.)

Even the ways that MMA fighters become superstars is similar to that of WWE's talent; personality and charisma matters just as much if not more than fighting ability. You have to win to stay relevant, but winning alone won't make you a huge draw.
Title shots go to a deserving contender who earned it a large majority of the time.

Pro wrestling fans are aware that what they're watching is rigged and they know the ins and outs of the politics backstage. Most MMA fans don't, and they get worked easily. MMA fans are more likely to fall for a hype job than pro wrestling fans are.

Pro wrestling is for smart marks who like to feel like they're being worked but aren't. MMA is for regular marks who just get worked and think they're watching something legit.
MMa fights are legit.

I would say they differ in that pro wrestling has value as performance art whereas mma has no artistic nor athletic merit.

Title shots go to a deserving contender who earned it a large majority of the time.

They only do when there isn't a huge marquee match to make with someone else, like I said. That just happens to be the majority of the time because talent that can pull in mega huge numbers are exceptional.

you're the dummy. spanish and portugese speakers calls it futbol. not the rest of the 4 billion of football/soccer fans
It's futbol and football

There aren't two footballs. That's why the rest of the planet thinks we're retarded

You’re right. People that think it’s new are clowns. It’s always been like this.

Watch proper football if you want a real sport
View attachment 606891
Sorry mate. Can't be called a real sport when this type of shit is happening regularly.

DrearyNegativeDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif

MMa fights are legit.

Sure, but to varying degrees of legitimacy. Like how the UFC stacks the deck in favour of someone like Jones.

The UFC have their favourites who they try to help win, be that with favourable match ups, undeserved title shots, or permission to cheat. The outcome might not be entirely in their hands but pro wrestling would be no less pro wrestling if Vince McMahon flipped a coin to decide the winner mid-match.

I would say they differ in that pro wrestling has value as performance art whereas mma has no artistic nor athletic merit.
Big fan I see......

Being able to kick everyone else’s ass has some athletic merit.

Sure, but to varying degrees of legitimacy. Like how the UFC stacks the deck in favour of someone like Jones.

No they don’t.

The UFC have their favourites who they try to help win, be that with favourable match ups, undeserved title shots, or permission to cheat. The outcome might not be entirely in their hands but pro wrestling would be no less pro wrestling if Vince McMahon flipped a coin to decide the winner mid-match.

Again youre just making shit up.

No they don’t.

Again youre just making shit up.
I think he meant this whole pulsing bullshit

They're suspending others for much less.

It is what it is

You don't think other sports don't have athletes who cheat? There has been proof in sports history as to athletes and teams literally rigging games or in some cases, series....taking falls, faking injuries, throwing games on purpose pretty much....all types of foul shit. Do people really have a memory that doesn't span past what happened last week?

You can literally look up how many times athletes, teams, coaches, managers, organizations have cheated/rigged/fixed shit all throughout history, and you're questioning MMAs legitimacy?

<36>

When I was younger i expected MMA to mature and become more legitimate with honest rankings and title shots based on who deserved it.

I enjoyed some of the theatrics though, especially in Pride and i know a lot of lower tier orgs need freak shows to compete. But i honestly expected the UFC to do it different after they bought everyone out in the late 2000's and not have people CM punk on the roster 5/10 years later.

You don't think other sports don't have athletes who cheat? There has been proof in sports history as to athletes and teams literally rigging games or in some cases, series....taking falls, faking injuries, throwing games on purpose pretty much....all types of foul shit. Do people really have a memory that doesn't span past what happened last week?

You can literally look up how many times athletes, teams, coaches, managers, organizations have cheated/rigged/fixed shit all throughout history, and you're questioning MMAs legitimacy?

<36>
Black Sox say hello

Back