Can we have a refund

Awesome trade just to have Askren exposed. You never wish that on someone but atleast his fans saw the truth.

"Askren would beat GSP" lmao
Dana would agree. If it wasn't for Askren, the UFC wouldn't have got the Masvidal/Diaz mega fight.

On Askren for Mighty Mouse trade? I was happy when it happened but what a fucking fleecing.

We need somebody to fight Cejudo too

Nah, Askren talking crap and getting smashed was entertaining as hell.

Aye, as legends go, a sage in the UFC brass had a vision. In that vision, he saw a white curly haired man in the octagon being blasted by a knee from a mysterious figure with Jesus's hair. The clock read 5 seconds, and the curly haired man was nearly decapitated by the jesus like figure.

He knew that this man would become the superstar 2019 needed, so they traded for the whitest guy they could find with a curly doo.

Enter Robbie Lawlor. Robbie looks nothing like Jesus, so the sage knew that some how, they could use him for the hype. The curly haired one pulled off the upset and his hype was in place.

But what of this mysterious Jesus like figure? It just so happened that it was during this time, a veteran fighter was slowly transforming into street Jesus.

The prophecy was foretold. You see it wasn't Askren that they traded for. They traded the mouse for Jesus Christ himself.

On Askren for Mighty Mouse trade? I was happy when it happened but what a fucking fleecing.

We need somebody to fight Cejudo too

MM refused to move up weight classes and take on bigger challenges despite clearing out his division two times over. He wasn't a draw, nobody gave two fucks if he fought or not, despite being hyped as the best fighter on the planet. Never was a main event attraction in a PPV and never was going to be.

By trading for Askren, they had Jorge knock him silly with the fastest knockout in UFC history catapulting him and his "street jesus" persona into the start light where he took on Nate Diaz in what was the best selling PPV by far for the year. So yea.... Ben Askren contributed to making the UFC more money in 1 year then DJ could have in his entire career. It was a good trade, DJ will be missed because he was very talented, but he wasn't someone who was willing to take risks or even attempt sell a fight. When the TJ fight was offered in what would of been a big money PPV headliner, he ducked and ran. Cejudo took advantage and not only KO'd Dillasnake, but he went up a weight class and KO'd the bigger man in Moraes. That could of been DJ but mehhhhh

Its a damn shame that a prime Ben didn't make it to the UFC so we could have seenb just how good he could have been, but regardless of the results Askren provided more entertainment in three fights that MM did in his entire UFC run, plus DJ wasn't being respected or paid to the level of his status so I doubt he'd even want a return to the Octagon.

MM seems to be declined and not taking fighting as seriously. I thought he beat Henry twice but he has nothing for Henry if they do the third fight.
I don't think he declined but because of how he's performed. He fought a few BW's because of One's weight cutting rules. I think it was wise for him to move over with the FW division going away forcing him to fight larger fighters. I'd assume he'd drop from being the GOAT to riding the top 5 with never winning the title.

Didnt work out well? Do you have any idea how much money and buzz got generated from those three fights? I bet more than a dozen MM fights. Plus dana got to see askren get destroyed, huge bonus for him on a personal level.
I get what you're saying. From a business point of view, you're right. UFC doesn't pay me, so I really don't care about "buzz" and revenue. I'm interested in seeing top tier talent. Askren was no where close to that.

Mighty Mouse was a beast for his size. He actually finished dudes authoritatively. Now when you look back with 20/20 hindsight at the Askren trade it really boils down to this. Would you like the UFC to have a guy that finishes people like Mighty Mouse did? or would you like him traded for a guy that gets finished in spectacular fashion like Askren?

xb0luTo.gif

giphy.gif

We can’t have it both ways but what we got was pretty good.

Askren provided way more entertainment than Mighty Mouse.

Good deal.

MM seems to be declined and not taking fighting as seriously. I thought he beat Henry twice but he has nothing for Henry if they do the third fight.
Agreed. Even if you were one of the people who thought MM won the second fight, if you've seen his fights in ONE, he does not look like the world beater of old. Cejudo on the other hand has kept rising

MM is a curious case of a fighter, he's good, for his weight he's certainly a finisher, but literally nobody cared for him.

It was bad for him as he couldn't make much out of PPV cuts as he don't sell shit, so he might be better off on some organization, but this time I can't blame UFC.
Askren's run created far more buzz than MM, even with his crazy armbar.

Askrens ufc run was super exciting, full of controversy shits and giggles

Mighty mouse was awesome but noone cared

Are you kidding? Because of that trade, Jorge Masvidal became a star. I'm satisfied.

Back