Can we give Bethe some credit for actually selling the fight.

The thing is, she won't ultimately reap the benefits of taht promotion. I doubt she's on PPV points.

She did good with the whole counting down fingers for the 4 horseman thing, but the shit she talked before actually fighting Ronda made it all the more worse when she got beat like that. You can't talk that much shit to someone who's that far above the rest of the division. It'll only make your ass beating more embarrassing.

This is how I see it.

Yeah I respect the hell out of Ronda but the fights suck. Every other ufc champ in history no matter how dominant was pushed to the brink. In the shallow puddle of women's talent no one in the foreseeable future can do that.

Some of you guys are missing the point. If you hated her antics then it actually worked. Weather you like it or not, you were emotionally invested in it. If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't even acknowledge this thread let alone post in it. Job well done Bethe. Her downfall is our entertainment.

Yeah she was totally overmatched and she knew it. She was still able to sell as some type of "grudge match". Lol. Good job Bethe.

Ronda on the other hand, you do know you fight complete joke opponents right?

The thing is, she won't ultimately reap the benefits of taht promotion. I doubt she's on PPV points.

Your right, she wont get paid more. She doesn't have a savvy business mind like Conor. But that's not the point. I don't really care about Bethe as a fighter or person. I just think fans don't realize how effective her shit talk was, and how it amplified Rondas victory. Do you remember this much excitement after she beat Mcmann or Davis? Last time there was this much of a buzz was the last Tate fight, and that was because it had all the TUF hype behind it.

lol the whole build up was ridiculous. You have bethe, who everyone knows won't last a round, start spouting off shit like crazy. Then you have ronda trying to maintain her image as the "alpha female", saying things like "I'm going to make her pay for that. It's not going to be quick" or "when I finish someone quickly, that's me at my most merciful."

All of it was just laughable and ridiculous, but I guess that shit works.

she showed personality and put effort into the press conferences, Embedded, and promos.

That's better than many male headliners, i.e., Mighty Mouse, Aldo, etc...

She sold wolf tickets. Should Bob Sapp get credit for selling his recent "fights" too?

She sold wolf tickets. Should Bob Sapp get credit for selling his recent "fights" too?

If he got you to actually watch his side show of a performance they fuck yea he should get credit. It's not the quality of the performance I'm talking about it's the fact that you were interested and gave a shit.

I think it is gross that shertards give a fuck about selling fights.
I hate seeing people talk shit then say it was just business and they are selling fights.

You want to impress me? Then be yourself, if you are a asshole then be a asshole win or lose after. If you are a nice guy or just quiet then be nice or quiet.
Robbie Lawler is a oldschool pros pro that lets his fights do his talking. He doesn't have to sell fights because every fight with him is a sacrifice to the just bleed gods.

If Connor had won the interm against Mendes then laughed about how he smashed a midget I would have laughed my ass off, instead he goes back on everything he said leading up to the bout.

I think it is gross that shertards give a fuck about selling fights.
I hate seeing people talk shit then say it was just business and they are selling fights.

You want to impress me? Then be yourself, if you are a asshole then be a asshole win or lose after. If you are a nice guy or just quiet then be nice or quiet.
Robbie Lawler is a oldschool pros pro that lets his fights do his talking. He doesn't have to sell fights because every fight with him is a sacrifice to the just bleed gods.

If Connor had won the interm against Mendes then laughed about how he smashed a midget I would have laughed my ass off, instead he goes back on everything he said leading up to the bout.

But some fights need to be sold. Ronda's opponents need.to sell the thing because her fights are a joke and last 30 seconds. One has to believe the opponent has a 1/1000000 chance

But some fights need to be sold. Ronda's opponents need.to sell the thing because her fights are a joke and last 30 seconds. One has to believe the opponent has a 1/1000000 chance

The UFC is a MMA promotion. I don't care about some nobody talking trash to RRR then getting her head caved in.

Why should anyone thank her for promoting the WWE manufactured hype aspect of the UFC? I for one don't like it, and would rather not have it.

I have no vested business interest in the UFC, I just want to watch the best MMA competition possible. And don't get me wrong, I like fighters expressing their personalities, but not for the purpose of "selling fights".

How do you not sell your first and probably only title shot?

The only credit I give Bethe is not getting armbarred in under a minute, but I guess that's damning with faint praise...

The UFC is a MMA promotion. I don't care about some nobody talking trash to RRR then getting her head caved in.

Look man in a perfect world everyone would love to watch MMA to see the technical brilliance and great fighting. In the real world there are legions of casual fans who believe Ronda is truly fighting equals out there and destroying them. Thus boosting her appeal and creating more money for everyone.

Her opponents are paid to keep up the charade. That's why they get the fights from Dana and they have to sell.to get future fights

Look man in a perfect world everyone would love to watch MMA to see the technical brilliance and great fighting. In the real world there are legions of casual fans who believe Ronda is truly fighting equals out there and destroying them. Thus boosting her appeal and creating more money for everyone.

Her opponents are paid to keep up the charade. That's why they get the fights from Dana and they have to sell.to get future fights

If you are in on the secret then why do you care?

She was game, just severely outmatched. I mean, her "strength" is standup and she got KTFO in 34 seconds.

I guess we can give her credit for making mean faces before the fight.

Back