Can we give Bethe some credit for actually selling the fight.

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A little trash talk goes a long way, and it made he beating all the more satisfying. Who remembers how cringy and boring Alexis Davis pre fight hype was? I don't want UFC to turn into WWE, but I'd like to see more honesty and passion. No matter how deluded it is.

I respect her. If she claims that she meant everything she said i don't exactly like her, but you could tell she was scared in there, and i respect her for facing Ronda.

She certainly made it more entertaining by speaking her mind.

She didn't sell anything. The UFC hype machine did.

Had she put up any sort of a reasonable fight then yes, she'd get credit. Talking an insane amount of trash then immediately crapping the bed shouldn't earn you respect of any sort.

She didn't sell anything. The UFC hype machine did.

Those staredowns were pretty intense, and it wasn't just Rondas stormy eyes.
And her didn't hold back during interviews about Ronda.

She didn't think about how everyone will class her as a can if she lost to easily.

She damaged her long term reputation.

aGUBeUd.jpg

No, no credit for her she's terrible

Yes, let's give credit to Bethe for "selling us" a fight that clearly was going to suck. She really fooled us good, props.

Last edited:
As much respect as a car salesman telling you that you are getting a great deal and the car only drives for 34 seconds and stops running! Yeah, she sold the fight, but you wasted your money.

I give her credit for talking herself into the fight.

Yes. It takes 2 to tango and Bethe did her part.

That's how you sell a fight and make money.
A bit overboard with the drugs & suicide comments but Ronda wasn't phased.

I give Beth credit for punching Ronda in the face and bloodying her nose before she took a nap -

Outside of the whole suicide talk/comment/whatever, I thought she did a much better job than most of Rousey's opponents have done. Even if you don't buy into the "beating up Rousey's friends" narrative, she tried to sell it anyway and she did it very early on, multiple fights in advance. Great job by her.

She did good with the whole counting down fingers for the 4 horseman thing, but the shit she talked before actually fighting Ronda made it all the more worse when she got beat like that. You can't talk that much shit to someone who's that far above the rest of the division. It'll only make your ass beating more embarrassing.

I guess the UFC played the promos enough times, that rogans yelling began to convince you of the "1 punch ko power"...

She sold that face plant well. I'll give her that

I'm not a big fan of selling something that isn't real. In other words, don't oversell a fight that's not very good. So no I won't give her much credit for this fight at all.

respect for getting humiliated ?

all that trash talk and weird faces looking like walid ismael and got humiliated, in her own back yard :rolleyes:

Why would I give credit to fighters for "selling" fights? I don't care.
Maybe Bethe got paid more because of it, which I think she cares more about than "credit" from me.

Does selling the fight make Bethe more money too?

Back