Can we get a sub-forum for ACTUAL 'Grappling Technique'?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Bmurph, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Bmurph

Bmurph Yellow Belt

Yes I am a white belt both here and on the mats, but lurked here for quite a while before joining, and even though I haven't posted much, I read this forum a lot.

Now that that's out of the way, is anyone into the idea of splitting this forum or creating a sub forum for ACTUAL grappling technique threads? As a newb to BJJ I find a lot of the threads on here with discussions/instructionals etc very helpful. Comp videos and those types of threads are great too, but we are all aware that this forum is littered with the same BS threads that pop up day after day: gi color, belt color, BJJ vs. other MAs, BJJ in the streetz and on and on. This bumps most of the actual technique related threads off the front page and from what I've seen most of them just die. It'd be nice to have a sub-forum that was moderated closely enough to restrict it to solely technique related threads and keep another sub-forum for everything else.

2. SMillard

SMillard Red Belt

check out the halfguard thread in the stickies. Although, I would agree with you that it should broadened to include all techniques similar to the way they have it set up at lockflow and bullshido

3. platfox

platfox Silver Belt

If I haven't been on here for a few days, I usually go through the first few pages to see if I missed anything interesting.

4. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

A dedicated sub-section for purely techniques and theory's would be nice. Or at least dedicated threads to certain guards, and then a master sticky for all of that.

5. shwin

shwin White Belt

i think this is a good idea. the technique threads are cluttering all the bjj gossip and i got promoted threads.

6. newerest

newerest Purple Belt

we need a grappling concepts forum.

I can get high and just think about concepts for hours. If someone posted some crazy concepts about maintaining side control I'd just be thinking for days...that's why I love grappling.

7. fourfif**

fourfif** Banned Banned

we need a takedown thread!