Can we finally give Anthony Smith some credit now? (Genuine Question)

I thought it was just a direct quote each response lol so I was scrolling past. Didn't even notice until you said something.

English isn't his first language obviously. This is very common in people speaking a language other than their first.

My girlfriend is Thai. Every conversation I have with her is like this. Drives me up the wall somedays.

Funny, subtle.

If English is your first language my apologies lol. You don't need to repeat yourself top to bottom every single post.

If you are my girlfriend, I'm sorry for making fun of your English babe. Don't cut my penis off please

Funny, subtle.

I thought it was just a direct quote each response lol so I was scrolling past. Didn't even notice until you said something.

English isn't his first language obviously. This is very common in people speaking a language other than their first.

My girlfriend is Thai. Every conversation I have with her is like this. Drives me up the wall somedays.
I probably came off harsher than intended (huge problem with internet and not knowing real tone of voice), yeah I kept scrolling too, until I noticed multiple users instead of the same reply to his, and just noticed he kept doing it. My bad. I'm a unintended asshole:oops:

It's why I decided not to reply since he assumed I was attacking him, when I truly wasn't trying to. I just decided it was best for me to scroll away and keep creeping on the forum

Last edited:
OP is either very passionate about Anthony Smith or he's Anthony Smith lol. Well done boss

I probably came off harsher than intended (huge problem with internet and know real tone of voice), yeah I kept scrolling too, until I noticed multiple users instead of the same reply to his, and just noticed he kept doing it. My bad. I'm a unintended asshole:oops:

If English is your first language my apologies lol. You don't need to repeat yourself top to bottom every single post.

If you are my girlfriend, I'm sorry for making fun of your English babe. Don't cut my penis off please

Dude, you must think I was born yesterday.

Saying something like that to make it look like an innocent response when you know damn well it was a way of trying to slag me off lol

It's one of those "Say something innocent and make the guy feel like he has flaws" kind of responses.

Again, subtle, smooth dude smooth, I commend you for that lol

I probably came off harsher than intended (huge problem with internet and not knowing real tone of voice), yeah I kept scrolling too, until I noticed multiple users instead of the same reply to his, and just noticed he kept doing it. My bad. I'm a unintended asshole:oops:

Nah sod that, I don't want people feeling bad man! lol

It's fine, it happens, I'm not gonna lie I did read the first line and didn't bother with the rest cause it just looked like one of those rants where people just want to rip into someone and why would I wanna entertain that ha

It's cool! :)

Saying something like that to make it look like an innocent response when you know damn well it was a way of trying to slag me off lol

It's one of those "Say something innocent and make the guy feel like he has flaws" kind of responses.

It's fine, it happens, I'm not gonna lie I did read the first line and didn't bother with the rest cause it just looked like one of those rants where people just want to rip into someone and why would I wanna entertain that ha

Nah, after re-reading my post I understand why you thought that, I didn't mean to say it like that cause it does sound dickish.

Also see where you're coming from when people over look his fight with Gus, I just think as others have said was because Smith talked a big game, and failed to back it up. Since the fight with Jon was a title fight and bigger fight it will be on people's memory more than a non title fight with Gus.

Now you are reading much deeper into this than you should be. I truly figured you were European and had learned a second language lol

Nah, after re-reading my post I understand why you thought that, I didn't mean to say it like that cause it does sound dickish.

Also see where you're coming from when people over look his fight with Gus, I just think as others have said was because Smith talked a big game, and failed to back it up. Since the fight with Jon was a title fight and bigger fight it will be on people's memory more than a non title fight with Gus.

Yeah please don't feel bad dude, I hate that!

And yeah, Smith no doubt did but I just see that as the whole building up to a fight and going in confident, even if it's a false confidence like Till admitted recently pretty much saying how most of the time it's a confidence thing for him, I think fighters get caught up in that a lot cause they can't really show this at press conferences or whatever, not just for us but say if Till let Kelvin know he was scared pre-fight Kelvin would have rightfully exploited that lol

The fight with Jon makes a lot of sense because it was a title shot too and he shouldn't have done as bad as he did, specially in that situation too because he may never get a TS again so I think it's right people do remember that but also balance it too with what he brought in the Gus and other fights and get a perspective from that whole picture.

I don't know what happened in that Jones fight but he just didn't deliver, I think he beat himself up more than we did to be honest lol

Absolutely, just funny though with the whole "Only as good as your last fight" thing we always hear.

It obviously doesn't apply when people want to knock a dude (not you of course, I mean in general) :)
Shut the fuck up autist and stop taking that shit literally.

Now you are reading much deeper into this than you should be. I truly figured you were European and had learned a second language lol

No, I'd be very shit at talking in any other language haha

I admire people who can speak multiple languages, I'd love to be able to speak a few languages to be honest.

My girlfriend speaks Thai, Karen, Burmese, and decent English. It's impressive to say the least. My Thai is barely passable and I still manage to butcher English everyday!
No, I'd be very shit at talking in any other language haha

I admire people who can speak multiple languages, I'd love to be able to speak a few languages to be honest.

My girlfriend speaks Thai, Karen, Burmese, and decent English. It's impressive to say the least. My Thai is barely passable and I still manage to butcher English everyday!

Yeah it's impressive and it can't be easy to do. They say the English language is the hardest language to learn but it's such a universal language ain't it? Isn't English taught most around the world or something alongside maybe French I think? I could be wrong but I'm sure I've heard it's between those two.

It's like when you look at Chinese writing and all that to me that looks really complicated, I honestly wouldn't know where to start but I guess once you learn you pick it up more don't you after you get past that initial grasp of it if you get what I mean :)

I think the French language is nice too :)

Lol,what is Karen? I just picture middle class white lady that asks for managers at slightest inconveniences hahaha.

The karen are a hilltribe in in the golden triangle (Laos, Thailand, Myanmar) they live in the mountains. Generally on the Thai side of the border. Been there for centuries. Most of the top Lethwei fighters are Karen. Very tough, very hearty group of people.

I'd say they look Thai but have some different features at the same time. Buakaw kind of looks Karen actually

Lol,what is Karen? I just picture middle class white lady that asks for managers at slightest inconveniences hahaha.

The karen are a hilltribe in in the golden triangle (Laos, Thailand, Myanmar) they live in the mountains. Generally on the Thai side of the border. Been there for centuries. Most of the top Lethwei fighters are Karen. Very tough, very hearty group of people.

I'd say they look Thai but have some different features at the same time. Buakaw kind of looks Karen actually

You are very knowledgeable!

I was just reading a little bit about it now, something about Tibet I saw but would have to read properly to get the gist of it.

I love the Beastie Boys and Adam Yauch was involved in the Tibetan independence movement and married an American raised Tibetan but you definitely sound really clued up on all this stuff :)

I live here haha. I have no choice but to be. I live in a village in the far, far north of Thailand.

The keren are truthfully the toughest group of people I've ever met. Unfortunately many of them are what's called a citizen zero. Meaning that they don't belong to either country. (Thailand or Myanmar) so if they are fortunate enough to get refugee status in Thailand they are pushed into one province generally and not allowed to leave. Most of them In Thailand are in tak or sukhothai

The others sneak in illegally until caught, then rinse and repeat.

The karen are the group fighting the hardest against the military regime in Myanmar. They are a brave bunch. So willing to die just to give their family a shred of a chance at a decent life.

You are very knowledgeable!

I was just reading a little bit about it now, something about Tibet I saw but would have to read properly to get the gist of it.

I love the Beastie Boys and Adam Yauch was involved in the Tibetan independence movement and married an American raised Tibetan but you definitely sound really clued up on all this stuff :)

That's cool, learnt my new thing for today. Gonna YouTube what it sounds like now lol.

I live here haha. I have no choice but to be. I live in a village in the far, far north of Thailand.

The keren are truthfully the toughest group of people I've ever met. Unfortunately many of them are what's called a citizen zero. Meaning that they don't belong to either country. (Thailand or Myanmar) so if they are fortunate enough to get refugee status in Thailand they are pushed into one province generally and not allowed to leave. Most of them In Thailand are in tak or sukhothai

The others sneak in illegally until caught, then rinse and repeat.

The karen are the group fighting the hardest against the military regime in Myanmar. They are a ballsy group. So willing to die just to give their family a shred of a chance at a decent life.

Wow, Thailand does look beautiful though and the culture there also looks lovely.

It seems to have a lovely night life too from what I can gather :)

Skip the language. Check out a Lethwei fighter named lone chaw. He's Karen. Toughest guy walking the earth lol. Unbelievably scrappy and humble.

That's cool, learnt my new thing for today. Gonna YouTube what it sounds like now lol.

Back