Can we finally agree, Alistair Overeem, would murder JDS?

Hell no. Reem doesn't have the gas tank to put JDS away, and would wilt like he always does whenever someone with competent stand up touches his face.

ummm absolutely not but i now have no doubt cain will absolutely destroy overeem much like JDS would...

lol Cain was relentless in putting pressure on JDS. He never gave Junior a chance to get his rhythm down, and caught him doing so. Cain put on a hell of a fight and deserves all the praise he gets from that fight. With that said, this doesn't just automatically put JDS as a bottom feeder. In fact I still would pick him against Overeem.

Overeem isn't exactly known for a great gas tank either. If Cain was able to put on the performance he did tonight there's a strong chance Overeem wouldn't exactly look like a world beater either.

again, he stands still, with his hands down, not moving his head, and deliberately takes punches to the face, like more than one, without retaliating.

he should not be allowed to even fight the greatest striker in mma history, for his own safety.

JDS still knocks out Cain, my goodness you are stupid. Overeem could not effectively apply the same strategy cain did and thus would end up striking with an ungassed JDS. WIth that overeem chin, he would get ktfo'd

JDS got outboxed by a wrassler. Overeem would have wrecked him and I think Werdum beats JDS in a rematch too

so many people don't understand how mma works.

lesser strikers can make better strikers worry about their takedowns and thus land more shots than they would have in a straight up striking match.

And I was rooting for Cain btw, but this is why Cain oustruck him tonight and this is why Cain might could worry Overeem, and it's why Werdum gave Overeem problems

Can we not, put commas, everywhere, where they shouldn't be?

It was almost no question, no one thought JDS had a shot against Allister.

except everyone did and likely still does...the only opinion that changed were people that thought overeem could take cain...

All of this talk about junior's boxing taking out the reem was silly, hope nobody still believes this, JDS striking is nothing compared to a k1 WGP champion, he can't even ko an wrestler lol.

JDS starting losing in the strikng after he gassed.

JDS and Cain can beat Overeem, Cain can beat him pretty handly actually with his style imo.

JDS still knocks out Cain, my goodness you are stupid. Overeem could not effectively apply the same strategy cain did and thus would end up striking with an ungassed JDS. WIth that overeem chin, he would get ktfo'd

JDS still knocks out cain, even though he JUST got his ass beat like 30 seconds ago? and I'm the stupid one? leave please.

JDS must have gassed in the very first round, before the end of it then, because he was eating tons of shots, standing. thus making overeem(and every other fighter, in every weight class) ahead of him in the stamina department.

suck it butthurt JDS fans, he can't stand up with cain, much less overeem.

Body shots are JDS's weakness, he took a shitload os shots to the face and was still standing.
1 Overeem kick to the liver equals 20 bodyshots from Cain.

so many people don't understand how mma works.

lesser strikers can make better strikers worry about their takedowns and thus land more shots than they would have in a straight up striking match.

And I was rooting for Cain btw, but this is why Cain oustruck him tonight and this is why Cain might could worry Overeem, and it's why Werdum gave Overeem problems

Exactly. Cain was able to out strike JDs because of his wreslting. Then again, you're responding to retards, so whatever.

JDS starting losing in the strikng after he gassed.
JDS lost in striking, from the first bell to the last, I seriously hope he didn't gas 9 seconds into the fight.

can JDS even make it from backstage to the ring without taking a break?

Lets be honest here, if it was Overeem fighting Cain tonight he would of been collapsed in the middle of the cage with an oxygen tank. It would be physically impossible for his body to keep anything like that pace.

no, because JDS has the best boxing in mma. remember?

(just ignore the fact that he gasses in about 2:30 minutes and was already getting out boxed by cain before he gassed tonight)

Overeem would've been knocked out by Cain in the first round.

Everybody with a brain already knew that Overeem would destroy JDS.

Reem has a glass jaw and questionable stamina....though he can ko you with one touch.

JDS wouldnt have to worry about a take down and the grappling pressure he could load up

Afight i still want to see this loss dosent change that

Style makes fights

Back