Can We Clear Up Definition Of Superfight Please?

I agree that Penn-GSP 2 was a superfight, and I think any champ vs champ bout should be viewed as a superfight, regardless of number of title defenses from either fighter. I actually prefer there to be as few defenses as possible, because the more title defenses a fighter has, the least likely he is to challenge/accept a challenge from a champ from a different weight class.

So, if two one-hit-wonder champs fight it's a superfight? GTFO

Wouldn't it also work for any match between two overwhelming popular fighters? I'm not talking about two fights that just hardcore fans like, but two fighters who everybody, even casuals, know and like.

That was Liddell vs Ortiz 1. No title but biggest fight at the time.

Wouldn't it also work for any match between two overwhelming popular fighters? I'm not talking about two fights that just hardcore fans like, but two fighters who everybody, even casuals, know and like.
I agree with this, if they are super popular they don't have to be champs.

A good example of this, maybe not a "Superfight" but Chuck vs Wand

Regardless of whether you liked the fight, Penn vs GSP meets the definition. And, there were several of those.
There weren't several of those. Name three more...

I'm thinking Wand vs Chael in Brazil after The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 would have been a Superfight for Brazil, too.

Wanderlei vs Lidell
Silva vs Diaz
Bisping vs Henderson

For me it's just seeing two proven top level warriors go for it. It's a fight that raises interest to a high level and does not need a title involved. I guess it's best if happens when they are at the top of their game but that's not often. Maybe a fight that wouldn't normally occur?
No, just no. Bisping isn't in any superfights. Henderson against Wand maybe and Fedor against Crocop.

Batman vs. Superman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back