Can we all at least accept the fact that GGG is truly an ATG?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
PUO can take care of himself...

Better than I. I wasn’t defending him, I just disagreed with you. Calling you a shithead was uncalled for. I knew it when I posted it but figured I’d just own saying it.

Lemieux does get trounced by every great middleweight though. He’s a textbook example of unmet potential. He was a better boxer before he got stopped by Rubio. He actually moved his head back then and used his jab.

Better than I. I wasn’t defending him, I just disagreed with you. Calling you a shithead was uncalled for.

Lemieux does get trounced by every great middleweight though. He’s a textbook example of unmet potential. He was a better boxer before he got stopped by Rubio. He actually moved his head back then and used his jab.
Hmm I guess I give him more credit. Sometimes he looks really effective.

Hmm I guess I give him more credit. Sometimes he looks really effective.

He does, but not against anyone with a pulse. How high do you rank BJS? Because Lemieux is miles behind him, and I don’t rate him highly at all. He’s good but Golovkin, Canelo and Jacobs all beat him. Charlo is probably going to give him (BJS) hell if they meet - and he’d wreck David.

I could be harsh on Lemieux because I was a fan before he dumped Russ and cared more about partying than training. I used to watch him on Friday Night Fights.

Good fighters don’t get beat by Alcine.

Nah I get what you said. There's plenty of guy that would be a "tough" fight for ATGs. Doesn't make them ATGs...
Hell Danny Jacobs and David Lemieux would give the MWs of all time some work. Maybe you answered a question that the OP didn't ask. Is GGG an ATG? Not would he give ATGs all hell. Jus sayin.:)

That's funny because he didn't give BJS any work. So that means that BJS is an all time great?

Too much of his prime was wasted by being overseas and was already aged by the time he broke through. He does not really have a signature WIN.

Wonder if you can have one without the other.

Had he become pro at a younger age would he be as good as a boxer without fine tunning his skills at amateur level for so long?.

He does, but not against anyone with a pulse. How high do you rank BJS? Because Lemieux is miles behind him, and I don’t rate him highly at all. He’s good but Golovkin, Canelo and Jacobs all beat him. Charlo is probably going to give him (BJS) hell if they meet - and he’d wreck David.

I could be harsh on Lemieux because I was a fan before he dumped Russ and cared more about partying than training. I used to watch him on Friday Night Fights.

Good fighters don’t get beat by Alcine.
BJS is such an asshole its hard toroot for him. But he has the nastiness to be dangerous, but not particularly skilled casue all he wants to do is be the bully. Charlo is the next thing imo....A Charlo - Canelo fight would be niiice to see. We know Canelo has the goods and you'll have to kill him to beat him, and it'd be interestig to see Jermill deal with DEEP DEEP water against Canelo.

BJS is such an asshole its hard toroot for him. But he has the nastiness to be dangerous, but not particularly skilled casue all he wants to do is be the bully. Charlo is the next thing imo....A Charlo - Canelo fight would be niiice to see. We know Canelo has the goods and you'll have to kill him to beat him, and it'd be interestig to see Jermill deal with DEEP DEEP water against Canelo.

Charlo Canelo will be good.

A little off topic, but, watching that fight today, made me think. What if Canelo learns how to be effective from a southpaw stance?
Maybe he'd fare as well as Austin Trout? The only southpaw Charlo hasn't stopped. I wouldn't risk trying to learn against Charlo who gets after it.

Hagler, Hearns, Robinson, Leonard?

I like GGG but I don't think his resume is that good. I think he has that type of style where he looks amazing against mediocre competition but not so good against the best. Only good fighters he has fought are Jacobs and Canelo. I had the Jacobs fight a draw.
Unfortunately he didn't get career defining fights until he was in his mid 30s, so it's always going to be a what if situation with him. But I disagree with those who say it was his step up in competition not age that are why he never looked spectacular against Jacobs and Canelo. He's a pressure fighter and most of these fighters are past it by mid 30s often times being completely shot much less still elite like GGG. I don't know how else to convince people, I mean all his fights are on youtube, watch his fights, see how much more athletic and explosive he was when he was younger. Prime GGG is an improved version of Hagler, Hearns is just not durable enough, and Leonard is too small. Robinson with all due respect is more special than GGG for his time, but I don't think it's fair to compare fighters of such old eras to modern fighters and their advantages. If Robinson was born in 85 then yea I'd pick him

Back