Can we all at least accept the fact that GGG is truly an ATG?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Yeah, he's a great fighter. No one has really argued he's not.

GTFOH. Canelo is nothing. Casual GGG fans DKSAB. GGG doesnt need Canelo. GGG has been draining at 160 too long. K2 and GGG bet the risk, but the new gen of 160 guys are too much for a GUY who SHOULD ALREADY be at 168 comfortably. I understand they tried to break BHops record. Thats the only reason they stayed at 160. Now GGG at 168 you will the REAL PAIN he inflicts. All those workouts shared where his power is explosive belongs at 168. Casual GGG fans CRY like bitches. It's not about Canelo, get over it, GGG is the better boxer. Canelo is going to have to see GGG at 168 when he becomes a CHAMP, if he dares!
*joined Friday*

Name checks out.

You didnt address anything I said in my post, but alright.

Maybe you quoted the wrong person. Golovkin gives any MW ever all they can handle. I didnt say he beats them all.
Nah I get what you said. There's plenty of guy that would be a "tough" fight for ATGs. Doesn't make them ATGs...
Hell Danny Jacobs and David Lemieux would give the MWs of all time some work. Maybe you answered a question that the OP didn't ask. Is GGG an ATG? Not would he give ATGs all hell. Jus sayin.:)

2 major takeaways for me

should have been A DRAW
that would have been the fair decision
imo GGG should have won the 1st & 2nd , but as we all know that's not how this boxing business works,
and in reality is it would have taken a knockout, or at least a dominating performance for GGG to win,
and it wasn't
ONE THING, i think everyone in the boxing community can all agree on is, it was a close fight which could have gone either way
which is why GGG shouldn't have been short changed like that 2x

the 2nd is how graciously GGG accepted defeat.

2 major takeaways for me

should have been A DRAW
that would have been the fair decision
imo GGG should have won the 1st & 2nd , but as we all know that's not how this boxing business works,
and in reality is it would have taken a knockout, or at least a dominating performance for GGG to win,
and it wasn't
ONE THING, i think everyone in the boxing community can all agree on is, it was a close fight which could have gone either way
which is why GGG shouldn't have been short changed like that 2x

the 2nd is how graciously GGG accepted defeat.

People really need to start backing this kind of talk up with any kind of evidence at all (and not some Eddie Bravo “just think about” evidence). Start laying out what you know about the supposed corruption that took place last night. Not guess, not feel; know. Please tell us “how this boxing business works.”

Golovkin fans are really showing their asses with all of this “Golovkin can’t win because muh corruption” malarkey. Yes he could. This is called sour grapes. Golovkin also has powerful people backing him - why is he suddenly some kind of helpless victim of the boxing meat grinder?

It was an amazing fight and close. If people thought GGG won, that’s fine. But he didn’t get robbed.

Nah I get what you said. There's plenty of guy that would be a "tough" fight for ATGs. Doesn't make them ATGs...
Hell Danny Jacobs and David Lemieux would give the MWs of all time some work. Maybe you answered a question that the OP didn't ask. Is GGG an ATG? Not would he give ATGs all hell. Jus sayin.:)

Lemieux would get his ass kicked by any notable MW in history.

You’re acting like a shithead.

Damn looking at his record GGG resume is pretty weak, his best win is probably Jacobs and that guy is a nobody outside of giving GGG a tough fight, next are Lemiux and Rubio? Ugh.
History wont be kind to GGG because he stubbornly refused to move up and didnt even won the ring belt. This fight with Canelo would have made a world of difference because he could say he had the most defenses ever, i dont think anyone can argue now that Bhop reign was better.

No doubt he's a HoFer, but that's been confirmed for awhile. I rate him top 10 all time at MW, and head to head, he's an issue for a lot of guys.

Jacobs is a tough fight for a lot of guys, but he doesn't really come close to beating most all time top MWs. Lemieux gets outclassed and destroyed by any ATG MW. Lemieux is a mediocrity.

Acknowledging one fighter put on a great show and won (Canelo), is not the same as saying the other guy is trash. They went toe to toe and blow for blow.
Seems to be the problem since yesterday with all these rustled GGG fans (mostly flooding in from the heavies): hyperbole.
You see it all the time over there: hyping up a guy and then having hissy fits when he loses or even worse, throwing the guy under the bus immediately ("Eddie Alvarez always was a bum to begin with!").

It's disgusting to be honest, but what can you expect from this instagram generation?

/oldmanrant

Acknowledging one fighter put on a great show and won (Canelo), is not the same as saying the other guy is trash. They went toe to toe and blow for blow.
Seems to be the problem since yesterday with all these rustled GGG fans (mostly flooding in from the heavies): hyperbole.
You see it all the time over there: hyping up a guy and then having hissy fits when he loses or even worse, throwing the guy under the bus immediately ("Eddie Alvarez always was a bum to begin with!").

It's disgusting to be honest, but what can you expect from this instagram generation?

/oldmanrant

It will last a few more days, then they'll be gone.

People really need to start backing this kind of talk up with any kind of evidence at all (and not some Eddie Bravo “just think about” evidence). Start laying out what you know about the supposed corruption that took place last night. Not guess, not feel; know. Please tell us “how this boxing business works.”

Golovkin fans are really showing their asses with all of this “Golovkin can’t win because muh corruption” malarkey. Yes he could. This is called sour grapes. Golovkin also has powerful people backing him - why is he suddenly some kind of helpless victim of the boxing meat grinder?

It was an amazing fight and close. If people thought GGG won, that’s fine. But he didn’t get robbed.

i'm not GGG fan.
the 2nd fight was no robbery by any means, as i said above. i thought the fair dec was a draw.
canelo's popularity, money base is on a different level than GGG. if you don't think boxing works like a business in favor of canelo, then you're incredibly naive. any close round in vegas will always tilt to canelo. which it has and always will.
the evidence? uhh, the first fight.

*joined Friday*

Name checks out.

long time lurker, but I've been doing BJJ since 2014. Got into boxing around 2010. Started out mainly as a Sergio Martinez fan. When he put his gloves I felt Golovkin was truly the Lineal. Cotto fought a Martinez with no legs

Top 5 middleweight all time. Only RJJ, Toney, or B-Hop would we able to beat him
Hagler, Hearns, Robinson, Leonard?

I like GGG but I don't think his resume is that good. I think he has that type of style where he looks amazing against mediocre competition but not so good against the best. Only good fighters he has fought are Jacobs and Canelo. I had the Jacobs fight a draw.

Too much of his prime was wasted by being overseas and was already aged by the time he broke through. He does not really have a signature WIN

Well last year that win was taken from him and arguably this one was a well.

He is one of the better MW but we'll never know how great he could have been.

i'm not GGG fan.
the 2nd fight was no robbery by any means, as i said above. i thought the fair dec was a draw.
canelo's popularity, money base is on a different level than GGG. if you don't think boxing works like a business in favor of canelo, then you're incredibly naive. any close round in vegas will always tilt to canelo. which it has and always will.
the evidence? uhh, the first fight.

So no evidence. Got it.

My mistake for thinking you thought it was a robbery, though. My misunderstanding.

Back