Can we all agree that Horseradish is one of the most underated condiments?

It's pretty nasty but definitely better then Ketchup.

Horse Radish cream on some Roast or Prime Rib... even on pulled pork sandwiches... a-fucking-mazing.

I made homemade horseradish once, and never again. Dug em, peeled em, ground em, and it was a brutal experience. It was like cutting an onion times 1000, whole face burning, eyes watering uncontrollably for hours... it's one serious root...

Is awesome with some of the blander and fattier cuts of beef. On prime rib and roast beef, delicious.

Fuck Ketchup

I had rosemary ketchup tonight and holy mother of god. Someone email the Heinz overlords. It's so damn good.

As far as horseradish goes, it's okay in moderation. Anyone tried horseradish cheddar cheese? That's delish.

Last edited:
It's alright, not many things I use it for though. Mixing it wih cocktail sauce is legit though.

I made homemade horseradish once, and never again. Dug em, peeled em, ground em, and it was a brutal experience. It was like cutting an onion times 1000, whole face burning, eyes watering uncontrollably for hours... it's one serious root...

I think Im in love...

This is what I am striving for in my horseradish experience.

I cant wait.

I know several people who work at Silver Spring Foods which is the worlds largest grower and producer of horseradish. They wear gas masks in production areas. My father really liked the original product. In the 1980s they started making different mixtures including cranberry, seafood cocktail sauce and tartar sauce as well as several different "heats" of horseradish.

I recently tried horseradish- it ain't horseradish, it's fucking wasabi you assholes.

And it's amazing. I will be making my own spicy mustard based on North Coast Rasputin

Love me some horseradish. I don't even know how people can dislike it.... and yet some do.

I recently tried horseradish- it ain't horseradish, it's fucking wasabi you assholes.

And it's amazing. I will be making my own spicy mustard based on North Coast Rasputin

Actually wasabi in the states is just dyed HR (treated a little different as well). Real wasabi isn't made in most areas.

horseradish is good as fuck on some things

Sort of...
Wasabi is a plant, member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes cabbages, horseradish, and mustard. It is also called Japanese horseradish, although horseradish is a different plant (which is often used as a substitute for wasabi).

And I guess over here in the states, REAL wasabi is difficult to come by (in fact its bullshit(ish)

Wasabi is difficult to cultivate, and that makes it quite expensive. Due to its high cost, a common substitute is a mixture of horseradish, mustard, starch and green food coloring. Outside of Japan, it is rare to find real wasabi plants. Often packages are labeled as wasabi, but the ingredients do not actually include wasabi plant. Although the taste is similar between wasabi and horseradish, wasabi is green and hotter. In Japan, horseradish is referred to as seiyō wasabi (西洋わさび?, "western wasabi") In the United States, true wasabi is generally found only at specialty grocers and high-end restaurants.

Maybe Ill try to find some real wasabi from my Asian grocer down the road.
(After I try my hand at some homegrown horseradish first)

Mr. B said:

I need some (thank you in advance)

I love it sometimes on steak and Japanese grilled beef (gyu-kushu). Other then that I'm not sure how else to enjoy it. Any recommendations aside from a condiment for beef?

Sort of...

And I guess over here in the states, REAL wasabi is difficult to come by (in fact its bullshit(ish)

Maybe Ill try to find some real wasabi from my Asian grocer down the road.
(After I try my hand at some homegrown horseradish first)

I need some (thank you in advance)

I think horseradish is hard on the soil. Silver Springs leases land to grow it on and can only grow it one or two seasons on the same land.

Its good if you're from Iowa or Wisconsin. Civilization has found better alternatives.

It tastes like spoiled asshole. I enjoy plenty of other things spicy, but it just tastes bad.

Love me some mayo. Mmmmhmmmm

Back