Reaction score
Holding 1 major belt(wbc, wbo, wba, ibf) = Title Holder

2 or 3 belts at once = champion

Obviously 4 is undisputed

P4p status = holding belts in 3 or more divisions

Discuss.

Nope. Wilder is the Champion and Ruiz is the paper title holder

Are you saying someone can't be on a P4P list if they haven't been champion in at least 3 weight divisions? Because I would disagree with that.

Are you saying someone can't be on a P4P list if they haven't been champion in at least 3 weight divisions? Because I would disagree with that.
There are always exceptions to every rule

Nope. Wilder is the Champion and Ruiz is the paper title holder
Ruiz beat Joshua who beat multiple guys with belts

Do you know what the definition of paper title holder means?

Ruiz beat Joshua who beat multiple guys with belts

Do you know what the definition of paper title holder means?

Yeah the guy they that holds the Secondary belts. Doesn't matter how many there are.

i dunno.

I mean. Are we really gonna call Ruiz the champion over Wilder?

if you have 1 of the main alphabet belts i consider them a champ

i dunno.

Yeah why not? He beat Joshua who was regarded as the Champ and Wilder lost to Fury in most peoples eyes. And Tyson wasn't even the Lineal as much as he claims he was.

Last edited:
Holding 1 major belt(wbc, wbo, wba, ibf) = Title Holder

2 or 3 belts at once = champion

Obviously 4 is undisputed

Discuss.
df do u mean p4p status...
Who put you in charge of Mariam Webster...
By that logic: Adrien Broner is "p4p status", but Usyk, Spence, and Juan Francisco Estrada are not ?

Fuck your definitions then!

wait. you don't call the guys holding championship belts champions?

and why the fuck wouldn't ruiz be considered "more" of a champion than wilder? he beat joshua and took three belts.

AJ had the best resume of all active HWs coming into that fight and he held 3/4 belts. ruiz not only beat him but actually put him away. what the hell has wilder done to warrant himself a higher rating than ruiz? beat a 40 year old ortiz and draw with fury?

Yeah the guy they that holds the Secondary belts. Doesn't matter how many there are.
No paper champ means you won vacated titles

i dunno.

That's an exception

There's a lot of exceptions but im just talking generalities

You forgot The Ring, IBO, and lineal. Gotta acount for all 7 champs.

There are instances where I don't consider guys with two legitimate titles the proper champion of a division.

wait. you don't call the guys holding championship belts champions?

and why the fuck wouldn't ruiz be considered "more" of a champion than wilder? he beat joshua and took three belts.

AJ had the best resume of all active HWs coming into that fight and he held 3/4 belts. ruiz not only beat him but actually put him away. what the hell has wilder done to warrant himself a higher rating than ruiz? beat a 40 year old ortiz and draw with fury?

Typically people will make the distinction between titlists and champions and say that while titlists can also be champions, there should only be one recognized champion in each division. The Transnational Boxing Ranking, for example, only recognize champions in 5 divisions in the sport at the moment (two of which are pretty controversial). Not sure how many Ring recognizes at the moment.

I think you finally solved the puzzle.... congrats!

If he wasn’t scared of a challenge he could be unified champ. But he let Joshua fight the challengers and other belt holders, whilst he fought guys who should be no where near title contention.

Back